It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:41 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Anaylsis of the American MS Market

Forgive me if this was already posted, but investor research has a pretty good outlook for the MS Market.

Market Overview

Underserved Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Market Gets a Lifeline with the Development of Numerous Treatment Options

Healthcare companies across all tiers of competition are beginning to sit up and take notice of the U.S. multiple sclerosis (MS) market, following a spate of innovations in therapies. Big pharma, specialty pharma, niche pharma, biotechnology, and start-up companies ...
Read more : Anaylsis of the American MS Market | Views : 1739 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Does she really have MS?

I'm sorry to bring this subject to this site but I have questions that I need some help with. Long story short, I've dated a woman for 6 years and three years ago she told me she had MS while we were in the middle of having some relationship problems. Since that day I'm having some trouble understanding why she would tell me this at that time. She has no answer for me when I ...
Read more : Does she really have MS? | Views : 5245 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

ABS-75

I know it's mice but.....

New Drug Protects Nerve Cells From Damage In Mice
ScienceDaily (Mar. 13, 2008) —

Individuals with multiple sclerosis develop progressive neurological disability that is thought to be caused by degradation of nerve cells. A new study has characterized an agent that protected nerve cells from damage in culture and markedly reduced disease progression in a mouse model of MS.

The authors of the study therefore suggested that agents similar to ...
Read more : ABS-75 | Views : 1742 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Gadolinium induced disease- NSF

Wanted all MRI receiving folks to be alerted to this condition, NSF.
We think this is what's going on with my husband's rash and skin problems. He just has his second MRI with gadolinium, and his legs are covered in purpura and very sore.

We'll have a skin biopsy done to be sure... You do not have to be suffering from kidney disease to contract this illness.

<shortened url>

AC
Read more : Gadolinium induced disease- NSF | Views : 3160 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

AAN Annual Conference - abstracts

The American Academy of Neurology Annual meeting takes place on 12-19 April. Attached is the link to the abstracts. There's something to cover most interests - EBV / Tovaxin / Vit D and the various drugs in the pipeline.

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2008chicago/

Ian
Read more : AAN Annual Conference - abstracts | Views : 1359 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Day 1

Well guys, looks like I'm part of this family now. Diagnosed today. Overwhelmed at the moment but trying to make sense of this 8O
Read more : Day 1 | Views : 1850 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Fever

Three times in the past year, after taking Rebif I developed a nasty fever that lasted all night and into the morning. On Wednesday night this happened and I was up to 101C until nearly 9:30 the next morning.

The first time it happened I was new to taking it, second time I had had the flu shot, and last time, er well for the first time I had sex immediately after taking the shot. ...
Read more : Fever | Views : 2360 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Should I switch to rebif?(Only honest opinions please)

I am 35 with a husband and two children(12 and 16), I've been on copaxone for almost 10 years..But my body is a little tired..of the shot every day..so my doc said to think about Rebif?
Has anyone been where I am? Taking something new is a little scary. I'm pretty healthy with only mild lasting damage from my relapses.
Read more : Should I switch to rebif?(Only honest opinions please) | Views : 3379 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233006 • Total topics 24956 • Total members 16094

Contact us | Terms of Service