It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:17 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

cobra toxins

I just like news about cobras...

Amelioration of acute and relapsing stages of the experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by cobra toxins.

Biomed Sci Instrum. 2006;42:399-404.
Mohamed A, Reid PF, Raymond L, Dufan T.
Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Saskatchewan, SK, Canada.

Neurological deficits in multiple sclerosis (MS) and in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) show demyelination of the nerve fibers, which are responsible for transmission of signals. The myelin appears to be attacked by the cells ...
Read more : cobra toxins | Views : 1139 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Brain Rewired Itself

No MS connection, but interesting that the brain was able to rewire itself.

Man's brain rewired itself after car crash severed nerve connections: doctors

Jul. 04, 2006

Provided by: Canadian Press
Written by: MARILYNN MARCHIONE

(AP) - Doctors have their first proof that a man who was barely conscious for nearly 20 years regained speech and movement because his brain spontaneously rewired itself by growing tiny new nerve connections to replace the ones sheared apart ...
Read more : Brain Rewired Itself | Views : 811 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Brain Rewired Itself

No MS connection, but interesting that the brain was able to rewire itself.

Man's brain rewired itself after car crash severed nerve connections: doctors

Jul. 04, 2006

Provided by: Canadian Press
Written by: MARILYNN MARCHIONE

(AP) - Doctors have their first proof that a man who was barely conscious for nearly 20 years regained speech and movement because his brain spontaneously rewired itself by growing tiny new nerve connections to replace the ones sheared apart ...
Read more : Brain Rewired Itself | Views : 707 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

trauma question

hi does anyone here have trauma associated with the acute onset of their first attack? mine was a good crack on the head in a snowboard accident, on top of pre-existing subacute degeneration of the spinal cord due to chronic cobalamin deficiency.

i am mostly recovered except for pain in my neck at c7/c8, and corresponding sensory problems in my hands.

i would like to know if anyone has looked into chiropractic treatment when you ...
Read more : trauma question | Views : 3918 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells

This paper should be posted in the stem cell section, but I thought was worthy of being posted in the General section. I have spoken to two MS researchers in the last week or so - one at Cambridge and the other at the Institute of Neurology in London. The impression I got was that much work was going on behind the scenes and that prop;er stem cell treatments (i.e fully tested - not the ...
Read more : Stem cells | Views : 963 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

more depressed during 48 hours after injection?

Don't know if it has anything to do with losing my job a month ago (and knowing about the possibility for about 6 months) but looking back it seems that for at least the past 2 months I am getting really depressed for about 2 days after the injection. Has anybody else experienced this? I am not taking any antidepressant medication. (Should I be?)
Read more : more depressed during 48 hours after injection? | Views : 2888 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

Canadian doc view

I know nothing about LDN but this is the advice from one Canadian prof -

http://www.msanswers.ca/QuestionView.aspx?L=2&QID=57
Read more : Canadian doc view | Views : 8011 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

EDSS self assesment

I have never had my EDSS done by a professional. I have read various sites that provide a break down of how to come to an EDSS. Such as http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3468/edss-fs.html

But even this information lacks how to combine the scores to one. Anyone know how this should be done?

Or an explanation of what to do with "8. Other function"
Read more : EDSS self assesment | Views : 1647 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

New, easy to navigate david wheldon site

Finally, after many months of hinting, David has redesigned his site, to make it much easier to navigate:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

It did start out as just one page but over the last couple of years more pages have been added, then more pages tagged on to those pages and so on. Now everything radiates neatly from the index, just like on my site, so when I suggest someone looks at such and such a page, it ...
Read more : New, easy to navigate david wheldon site | Views : 5127 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218699 • Total topics 22538 • Total members 14184