It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Methylthioadenosine

It's EAE / animal model so don't get excited.

Methylthioadenosine Effective in Animal Models of Multiple Sclerosis 01 November 2006

Methylthioadenosine (MTA), an adenine nucleoside produced from S-adenosylmethionine, is effective in animal models of acute and chronic multiple sclerosis (MS), according to a report in the September issue of the Annals of Neurology.

"A cell compound such as methylthioadenosine is able to modulate the immune response, and it might become a useful therapy for ...
Read more : Methylthioadenosine | Views : 1584 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Adjustable stool

This gadget is not cheap but its on my Xmas list even so.

I like spending time cooking but a big meal makes me really quite tired so I'm hoping this will allow me to get to the worktop and rest at the same time :)

Might be useful for others who need to stand a lot at work.

http://www.backinaction.co.uk/move

Guess they must be available in US ...
Read more : Adjustable stool | Views : 2834 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shopping

Opexa CEO presentation

Opexa Therapeutics to Present at C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Life Sciences Investor Conference

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, today announced that David McWilliams, Opexa’s chief executive officer, will present at the C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Life Sciences Conference on Tuesday, October 31, 2006, at 2:00 PM Eastern Time. The conference will be held at the Palace Hotel in New York City from October 30 ...
Read more : Opexa CEO presentation | Views : 1537 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

This just in, neuroprotection is hard

Here's a posting about the difficulty of developing neuroprotective drugs from an interesting blog called "In the Pipeline"...

October 26, 2006
It Should Work. It Just Doesn't.

Posted by Derek

The late-stage clinical failure of a small company/big company drug partnership story gets told over and over, and today it was the turn of Renovis and AstraZeneca. Renovis had come up with a candidate (NXY-059) for post-stroke therapy that targeted free-radical oxidative damage. Initial clinical ...
Read more : This just in, neuroprotection is hard | Views : 833 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Metabolon

Sounds good

Metabolon Expands Service Offerings with Launch Of mProveClinical™ For First-in-Human Studies

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Metabolon, Inc., the leader in metabolomics-driven biomarker discovery, today introduced mProveClinical™, a service offering that provides insight into a drug’s biochemical and physiological effects in first-in-human clinical trials. Combined with clinical observations and measurements, mProveClinical provides drug development organizations with key information on a subject’s response to a drug. This data enables more informed decisions to be made ...
Read more : Metabolon | Views : 748 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Turmeric

Glad to read this since I already take this supplement. Judie

Turmeric prevents experimental rheumatoid arthritis, bone loss, University of Arizona study shows

An ancient spice, long used in traditional Asian medicine, may hold promise for the prevention of both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, according to a recently completed study at The University of Arizona College of Medicine.

Turmeric, the spice that flavours and gives its yellow color to many curries and other foods, has ...
Read more : Turmeric | Views : 2319 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

History of MS

oo
Read more : History of MS | Views : 1020 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes

Not an MS story but a cancer genes story - good news for a Sunday morning. It shows what can be done, and hopefully MS genes work will provide similar hope for better treatments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5325206.stm
Read more : Genes | Views : 674 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221804 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service