It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Low white blood count yet again

I've been freezing at night since i gave birth 3 month ago.
Got bloods done.

Thyroid ok, iron ok, but for about fifth time in last 8 years, I have a low white blood count.
My gp is going to retest in a few weeks.
But just wondering if any other MS'ers have had a low white blood count?
Maybe its copaxone?

Just a tiny worry emerging......lupus? I had positive ANA when I had tests ...
Read more : Low white blood count yet again | Views : 2173 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

hi all

New here..
Just got out of hospital today after 3 days IVSM.
This is getting serious now I guess. i was much better when I was still in Denial! :lol:
Read more : hi all | Views : 1615 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Hello! I was introduced to this forum by artifishual just this week.

After playing lab rat for too many months, I was diagnosed with RRMS on 08/23/04. I have been on Avonex since then and, doing quite well.

My exercise and diet has changed drastically since 2004. Even the products I use to clean my house has changed. I once was a meat eating, dairy loving person who is now a full-fledged vegan. I also ...
Read more : newbie | Views : 1406 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

No Shoes

I got a leg brace yesterday and it is massively helping me to walk in a straight line and use my foot better. The physio told me that it would fit inside my usual shoes.

Bollocks - I went to work today with 1 flipflop & 1 bare (braced) foot!

I had to go shoe shopping tonight and eventually ended up with a pair of trrainers a size bigger than my usual - I don't ...
Read more : No Shoes | Views : 2613 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Daily Life

National MS Walk

allright You wonderful people :D reach way down in your pockets and donate 8) ... fr_id=8287
Read more : National MS Walk | Views : 1487 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

double dose

When I miss an injection, I thought of doing 2 in the next 24 hours. Has anyone done this? Also, I heard their is a trial on this concept but can not find it.
Read more : double dose | Views : 2724 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

HSCT shows signs of restoring nerves

I think this is the same Canadian team that Bromley has been posting about, but with an emphasis on repair that I haven't seen before, (I've probably just missed it). The fact that improvement has taken two years to show somehow makes it seem more credible: a friend of mine had a nerve transplant in his arm which took two years to connect – and that, of course, was his peripheral nervous system – professor ...
Read more : HSCT shows signs of restoring nerves | Views : 2463 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Stem Cells

urinary symptoms and reflexology

I'll look at the glass as half-full. At least reflexology might help with urinary symptoms

The efficacy of reflexology: systematic review.

J Adv Nurs. 2008 Jun;62(5):512-20.
Wang MY, Tsai PS, Lee PH, Chang WY, Yang CM.
Graduate Institute of Medical Science, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan.

This paper is a report of a systematic review to evaluate the efficacy of reflexology in any condition.

Anecdotal evidence has shown potential benefits of ...
Read more : urinary symptoms and reflexology | Views : 1811 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

UK to allow use of hybrid embryos

The British parliament has voted to allow the use of hybrid embryos in order to advance stem cell research. It's a subject that raises blood pressure in lots of people, but I agree with the man who said, " try everything":
MPs vote to allow scientists use hybrid embryos for Stem Cell research
Scientists have been given the green light to use animal-human hybrid embryos for medical research after MPs yesterday resisted calls for ...
Read more : UK to allow use of hybrid embryos | Views : 1471 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234612 • Total topics 25258 • Total members 16462

Contact us | Terms of Service