It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Will You Share Your Relationship Experiences?

I've been asked to write an article for the LDN Research Trust Newsletter on how MS impacts relationships. I'd like to cover it from both the person with MS's perspective and from the perspective of someone in a relationship with someone with MS.

I have my own experience and that of a few friends, but I'd love to hear from others who are willing to share the troubles MS has caused them in relationships as ...
Read more : Will You Share Your Relationship Experiences? | Views : 1436 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Yet another story

There seems to be a lot of questions and articles regarding some of these "miracle" companies. Click on "Jan Wilks" in the article below for more information about her story.

· Scepticism over treatment for neurological disorder
· Centre took over US firm's activities

Sarah Boseley
Monday March 20, 2006
The Guardian

The anonymous first-floor waiting room overlooking Rotterdam's shopping streets looks an unlikely outpost for miracle cures. It could belong to a building society. ...
Read more : Yet another story | Views : 1264 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Rituximab

Rituximab (Rituxin) is currently being trialled for PP, SP, RR MS and targets the B cells.

Rituximab was recently approved (by the FDA) for use in severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. RA seems to have some similarities to MS in that there is differences in the levels of severity and different responses to treatments.

The following article is about Rituximab (renamed Mabthera) for RA.

Ian

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 71,00.html
Read more : Rituximab | Views : 1921 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Vaccine

Dignan,

A T cell vaccine (like Tovaxin) being trialled in Israel. Lokks like reults might be out in a few months.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j490577852&w=464753

Ian
Read more : Vaccine | Views : 1625 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Antioxidant Bilirubin and MS

It will be interesting to see if they can translate this research into a treatment to test.

Biliverdin reductase, a major physiologic cytoprotectant, suppresses experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.

Free Radic Biol Med. 2006 Mar 15;40(6):960-7. Epub 2005 Oct 17.
Liu Y, Liu J, Tetzlaff W, Paty DW, Cynader MS.
Brain Research Center, University of British Columbia, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 2B5.

Oxidative stress plays an important role in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Antioxidant Bilirubin and MS | Views : 885 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Cannabinoids reduce axonal injury

A cannabinoid "dramatically reduced peroxynitrite-induced axonal injury"...I would never had thought a phrase like that would be music to my ears.

Therapeutic action of cannabinoid on axonal injury induced by peroxynitrite.

Brain Res. 2006 Mar 3;1076(1):238-42. Epub 2006 Feb 13.
Yang C, Hader W, Zhang X.
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Saskatchewan, 701 Queen Street, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7K 0M7.

This study examined whether the potent cannabinoid HU210 ameliorates axonal injury through ...
Read more : Cannabinoids reduce axonal injury | Views : 825 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Relationship to diet explored again

I'm Looking at it now not sure if it's just a sales pitch as of yet but thought you might like to read.

Health: Do 73% of Americans Die from Just One Actual Disease? Previous Release
Next Release

Recent research reveals up to almost three quarters of all U.S. deaths annually arise from diseases associated with chronic low-level inflammation. Some of the diseases previously thought unrelated include heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, kidney and liver ...
Read more : Relationship to diet explored again | Views : 2498 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Diet

News from Daval International

News from Daval International

17/03/06 - The first batch of Australian sourced serum has been maufactured and vialled in the United Kingdom.

Following sterility testing Aimspro will be available to those Primary Care Trusts and doctors who have already registered their interest and information packs have been dispatched to them today. On receipt of prescriptions, Daval expects to begin delivering Aimspro during the first two weeks of April.

http://www.davalinternational.com
Read more : News from Daval International | Views : 6560 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Aimspro

MRI after 10 months on LDN

Hi all.

On Thursday I got my MRI results. I had a brain and an upper spinal cord MRI last Monday. No new lesions in my spinal cord, 1 lesion went away from my brain, 1 has shrunk and is fading away and 1 new lesion, but I am sure it appeared while I was not on LDN, because the last time I had had a brain MRI was two years ago, March 2004.

A ...
Read more : MRI after 10 months on LDN | Views : 4535 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Established/Published Regimens

I'm interested in comparing a number of published regimens to see how they compare and contrast and then study the differences. Meaning, I'm looking for ones that are "publicly out there" and have had a good bit of public scrutiny. I've identified 3 so far:

The one in the Allen Bowling book
The best bet one the Direct-ms website
The one in the Judy Graham book

I'm not interested in ones that are developed by ...
Read more : Established/Published Regimens | Views : 1928 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216408 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13908