It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:10 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Saw new neurologist today

Since my awesome neurologist is out till the 20th, I saw another neuro today, who does not feel that I am in a relapse, as I am not exhibiting new symptoms. He called it a 'flare'.

So that means, 3 days of steroid by IV no taper period, instead of the original 5 and taper. So that's good news.

I talked with him about my burning mouth situation, and he was very familiar with this ...
Read more : Saw new neurologist today | Views : 1557 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Symptom???

I don't want to start thinking every little thing that happens to me is MS-related but this has happened once before.

My skin is painfully touch sensitive, from about the waist down but especially on my thighs. It's really hard to describe but touching my skin hurts - I am sitting in a chair at the moment and the pressure of my thigh on the chair is uncomfortable. It's got to the point that I ...
Read more : MS Symptom??? | Views : 2778 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Pipeline drug for re-myelination?

Are there any drugs in the pipeline specifically for re-myelination? I thought a few months ago I saw on this forum one drug that had just been patented but I can't find it now.
Read more : Pipeline drug for re-myelination? | Views : 7429 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Flickering Eye....

Just finished with ON but the eye I had it in now flickers a lot. Must be a nerve under eye-lid but I'm not sure.

Anyone else got this ( esp after ON?)

Read more : Flickering Eye.... | Views : 6381 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : . | Views : 1440 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

You've probably heard it but.....

I finally am making some progress and just had a great telephone call with a neuro-physiotherapist who has told me that doing stuff like Pilates and working with a gym ball will improve my core stability and will make life easier if/when I have another relapse.

Thought I'd share it in case it hadn't been heard before. It's news to me!
Read more : You've probably heard it but..... | Views : 1959 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

For those of us with tight budgets and need for supplements

My eyes popped out when I found this site. I'm supposing they are going out of business??

My quest for the hindering of my MS contiues and how!

This is a gold mine
Read more : For those of us with tight budgets and need for supplements | Views : 1690 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Meet others with ms...

If you would like to get in touch with others with ms in your area, if you would like to find others with ms who share similar interest, if you just feel like chatting about certain things with people you know would understand, then join the facebook group called;

Meet others (between 18-35) living with Multiple Sclerosis

Meet others (under 18 ) living with Multiple Sclerosis

Read more : Meet others with ms... | Views : 3613 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Pregnacy, hormone therapy and MS

Our gynecologict wants to give my wife clomiphane citrate and chorionic gonadotropin hormone (Pregnyl) in order to increase her fertility as she tries to get pregnant.
I have read two trials about clomiphane that suggest against it in MS due to increased relapse rate after therapy but can't find something for HCG, one big trial says it stops type II diavetes progression while other small study says it may increase relapses, what to believe?
Her ...
Read more : Pregnacy, hormone therapy and MS | Views : 1492 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234570 • Total topics 25247 • Total members 16453

Contact us | Terms of Service