It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

another case of pml..not ms related.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/20/ra ... index.html

The Food and Drug Administration cited three confirmed cases, and a possible fourth, of people diagnosed with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) after being treated with Raptiva.

"Three of those patients have died," the FDA said in a public health advisory. "All four patients were treated with the drug for more than three years."

None was receiving other treatments that suppress the immune system.

Raptiva's product labeling ...
Read more : another case of pml..not ms related. | Views : 1255 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

EMBRYONIC STEMCELL TRANSPLANTATION FOR M.S

HI members my name is SEEVA Has anyone heard anything about emcell
of the NATIONAL TISSUSES CENTER EMCELL ,KIEV,UKRAINE.Apperently thay are doing EMBRONIC STEMCELL WITH POSITVE RESULTS TREATING THE NERVOUS SYSTEM INCLUDING MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS.PROFESSOR ALEXANDR SMIKODUB, M.D Head of the cell therapy clinic wastreatted thouands of patients with various disesases like diabetes1&2 M.S,Parkinsons,muscular distrophy and many other incurable diseases in the past 16 years.His senior PA has send me a reply regarding MY 10YEARS
old ...
Read more : EMBRYONIC STEMCELL TRANSPLANTATION FOR M.S | Views : 2702 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Stem Cells

vbulletin

Read more : vbulletin | Views : 3855 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Suggestions

courageous man ignores doctors

Read more : courageous man ignores doctors | Views : 2244 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Humor

My Regimen (any tweaks?)

before breakfast:
1200mg NAC
500mg Vitamin C
1000mg Inosine

at breakfast:
200mg Resveratrol
300mg R Lipoic Acid
500mg Acetyl -L-Carnitine
350mg EGCG
100mg CoQ10
200mg Milk Thistle
60mg Gingko Gold
7gr High quality omega 3 from fish oil
400mg Vitamin E
5000 IU Vitamin A
B-100 Pill

at lunch
200mg Resveratrol
300mg R Lipoic Acid
500mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine
350mg EGCG
100mg CoQ10
200mg Milk Thistle
60mg Gingko Gold
400mg Magnesium
1000mg Calcium
15mg Zinc
10000 IU ...
Read more : My Regimen (any tweaks?) | Views : 5148 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Regimens

Plasma Exchange study (Tysabri/PML)

A small study but a good sign. Seems like this procedure might help with reducing the risk of switching therapies after Tysabri too.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/health-care-hospitals/20090218/MN7260018022009-1.html

Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center Discovers Way to Fight Rare, but Deadly, Side Effect from Drug.

MILWAUKEE, Feb. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Researchers at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center have developed a technique that counteracts an unusual, but serious, side effect from natalizumab (Tysabri(R)), a drug that fights multiple sclerosis (MS).

The ...
Read more : Plasma Exchange study (Tysabri/PML) | Views : 2154 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Printing out a topic and replies

Is there an easy way to print out all the posts to a topic in a one, separate Word document? I've tried copying and pasting, but that doesn't work well for longer threads. There are some posts that I’d like to read in more detail and they’re pretty long (like the CCVI thread), and it would be so much easier to print it out and take it with me to read instead of sitting at ...
Read more : Printing out a topic and replies | Views : 1576 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

IMMODIFYING MS DRUGS

I am not sure if I have the name right but can anyone help on this? My doctor said there was something available to some (just coming in). Does anyone no about this please?

Jam
Read more : IMMODIFYING MS DRUGS | Views : 1048 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Riddle me this

ok, this is regarding a thread I replied to last week. Someone wanting an amphetamine ( adderall/ritalin) for fatigue/wt loss. makes sense yes? So I was thinking to myself.. yeah! I would love a little pep pill to get me going through out the day, I have MS and I am tired as sh*t.

I asked my neuro and got treated as if I was a drug seeker!

this is what i don't get, my ...
Read more : Riddle me this | Views : 1983 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

finally in part 2

Signed consent forms today (Doc scared the shit out of me). A question to those of you in the know, how long after treatment did it take to get back to an OK physical place, i.e. work, hobbies, general activities etc.?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : finally in part 2 | Views : 2352 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240865 • Total topics 26342 • Total members 17544

Contact us | Terms of Service