It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BBB Permeability?

Just wanted to gather all your knowledge on BBB Permeability reduction, and what we can do now. For example, with suppliments.

The thing that triggered this line of thought was probably the thread http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2477.html which had statins reducing BBB permeability.

Now I (think I) know tysabri works by making the stuff too big to pass through the BBB. And when I did a search on this site, i also came accross the article "Interferon-Beta Treatment ...
Read more : BBB Permeability? | Views : 3014 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Immunology research

Whether you are an auto-immune theory supporter or not, the immune system plays a key role in driving this disease. A new collaborative project has been announced -

New immunology research collaboration established

Singapore's Agency forScience, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and The Australian National University establish immunology research collaboration. A*STAR's Centre for Molecular Medicine (CMM) and the Australian Phenomics Facility based at The Australian National University (APF ANU) have established an immunology research partnership ...
Read more : Immunology research | Views : 858 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

what to do

hey there everyone,
i just got done catching up with things on here...i finally went on a vacation...down to key west..had a great time....took care of myself while i was down there so as not to end up seeing someone down there...however i got back on saturday and on monday when i came into work i found out my neurologist had gone on vacation while i was gone and passed away...i mean dang now i ...
Read more : what to do | Views : 904 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Oral fumaric acid esters trial results

Here's the Pubmed entry for the recently completed BG12 study...I think...

Oral fumaric acid esters for the treatment of active multiple sclerosis: an open-label, baseline-controlled pilot study.

Eur J Neurol. 2006 Jun;13(6):604-10.
Schimrigk S, Brune N, Hellwig K, Lukas C, Bellenberg B, Rieks M, Hoffmann V, Pohlau D, Przuntek H.
Department of Neurology, St. Josef Hospital, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany.

An exploratory, prospective, open-label study of fumaric acid esters (FAE, Fumaderm(R)) was conducted in patients ...
Read more : Oral fumaric acid esters trial results | Views : 3938 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

Benefits of statins and/or LDN alongside abx

I am attempting to make a list of benefits felt by the number of people who are using LDN and/or statins in addition to as an antibiotic regime. I know quite a few people do and I know who some of you are, but I would like to know how much you think you have been helped by using more than one of these "alternative" regimes. Once I was diagnosed with SPMS of a very ...
Read more : Benefits of statins and/or LDN alongside abx | Views : 3371 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Statins

Benefits of LDN and/or statins alongside abx

I am attempting to make a list of benefits felt by the number of people who are using LDN and/or statins in addition to as an antibiotic regime. I know quite a few people do and I know who some of you are, but I would like to know how much you think you have been helped by using more than one of these "alternative" regimes. Once I was diagnosed with SPMS of a very ...
Read more : Benefits of LDN and/or statins alongside abx | Views : 1906 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?)

Hello all,
I am 32 years old and live in Maryland. At the end of March, I was admitted to the hospital because my doctor and my neurologist thought I might have had menangitis. I didn't, actually. Instead they found some lesions on my brain and ran me through 7 days of tests. They checked for strokes, heart disease, lyme diesease, and MS. I had two spinal taps (they didn't have enough fluid from the ...
Read more : Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?) | Views : 1683 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

C-Ice

A little light reading...

Could hemp be the hot new healthy ingredient?

By Jess Halliday

26/06/2006 - The health-enhancing properties of hemp have come under the spotlight this month with the launch of a drink containing hemp-blossom syrup (Cannabis sativa) in the UK, which is also being tested by multiple sclerosis sufferers for its potential to alleviate lag pain and spasms.

The drink, called C-Ice, was develop by Austrian company Thurella and launched by distributor ...
Read more : C-Ice | Views : 784 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Research Matters

Dear all,

The UK MS Society produces a booklet called Research Matters. The latest edition is attached. It covers the different modifying drugs, work looking at re-myelination etc. It's worth a read.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=1366
Read more : Research Matters | Views : 1224 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline

Minocycline seems to have been investigated as a possible therapy for MS and other neuological diseases for ages. In May 2004, it showed some promising results - as an immuno-modifying treatment, and it has also been suggested that it has neuro-protective properties. It is currently being trialled with Copaxone. The following research suggests how it may work

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j566561445&w=464753
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 1792 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218774 • Total topics 22549 • Total members 14199