It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

You've probably heard it but.....

I finally am making some progress and just had a great telephone call with a neuro-physiotherapist who has told me that doing stuff like Pilates and working with a gym ball will improve my core stability and will make life easier if/when I have another relapse.

Thought I'd share it in case it hadn't been heard before. It's news to me!
Read more : You've probably heard it but..... | Views : 1960 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

For those of us with tight budgets and need for supplements

My eyes popped out when I found this site. I'm supposing they are going out of business??

My quest for the hindering of my MS contiues and how!

This is a gold mine
Read more : For those of us with tight budgets and need for supplements | Views : 1690 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Meet others with ms...

If you would like to get in touch with others with ms in your area, if you would like to find others with ms who share similar interest, if you just feel like chatting about certain things with people you know would understand, then join the facebook group called;

Meet others (between 18-35) living with Multiple Sclerosis

Meet others (under 18 ) living with Multiple Sclerosis

Read more : Meet others with ms... | Views : 3617 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Pregnacy, hormone therapy and MS

Our gynecologict wants to give my wife clomiphane citrate and chorionic gonadotropin hormone (Pregnyl) in order to increase her fertility as she tries to get pregnant.
I have read two trials about clomiphane that suggest against it in MS due to increased relapse rate after therapy but can't find something for HCG, one big trial says it stops type II diavetes progression while other small study says it may increase relapses, what to believe?
Her ...
Read more : Pregnacy, hormone therapy and MS | Views : 1492 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Therapy Yields Promise for Fatal Neurological Condition

In a clinical trial, reported on in the May 13 online issue of Human Gene Therapy, neurological surgeons created six tiny holes in the skull of a patient, and then injected into the brain a liquid containing the healthy CLN2 gene within the harmless adeno-associated virus (AAV).

"The virus is used as a Trojan horse that houses and then delivers a healthy, functional gene into the cells of the brain," Crystal said. "The genes ...
Read more : Therapy Yields Promise for Fatal Neurological Condition | Views : 3070 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

..the one and only Cyclops!

Hi everyone. I'm new. I chose the name Cyclops as that's how I feel right now. I was diagnosed 6 months ago after getting a dose of optic neuritis which still hasn't cleared up. I've been reading your posts and following your stories and felt it was about time I joined the club.

One-eyed smiley - like it?

Read more : Introducing... | Views : 1799 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Future of MS Research talk

On Monday evening, Professor Robin Franklin (one of the top MS researchers in the UK) gave a presentation on the future of MS research. I didn't attend, but an attendee posted this summary on the UK MS Society website. Thought it may be of interest.

The Future of MS (MSS talk 12 May 2008)

This was an excellent talk last night by Professor Robin Franklin from the Cambridge Myelin Repair Project whose team works ...
Read more : Future of MS Research talk | Views : 1697 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Interferon and stem cells

It's what we've all been dreaming of: a way to combine one of the most promising future MS treatments with the crap we're currently stuck with!

Stem cell based delivery of IFN-beta reduces relapses in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.

J Neuroimmunol. 2008 May 7
Makar TK, Trisler D, Bever CT, Goolsby JE, Sura KT, Balasubramanian S, Sultana S, Patel N, Ford D, Singh IS, Gupta A, Valenzuela RM, Dhib-Jalbut S.
VA Maryland Healthcare System, Baltimore, MD ...
Read more : Interferon and stem cells | Views : 1651 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Experience Project Arron = Armen Berjikly?

Experience Project reaches a million user posts in a year, raises $3 million

May 13th, 2008 - Experience Project has quietly drawn a big community of people who share life experiences with each other anonymously. Since it started a little more than a year ago, users have created a million distinct experiences on intimate subjects such as “I live in a sexless marriage.” The company has raised $3 million in ...
Read more : Experience Project | Views : 2320 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Warning- tetracyclines + headache

Jeff has a monster migraine (first one) throbbing temples. I'm hoping it's not from mino causing intracranial hypertension. Will check with neuro tomorrow. His vision is OK, (and he's not an obese woman), but he says he's never had a headache like this one. May be at ER before the night is out-
send good thoughts, please
AC ... 0/613?etoc
Read more : Warning- tetracyclines + headache | Views : 3580 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234580 • Total topics 25251 • Total members 16459

Contact us | Terms of Service