It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:59 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Herpes treatment advances - not directly MS related

Was poking around for info last night and found a few interesting things... none of this is breaking news or anything.

Bayer AG - research - Herpes virus is a pdf of Bayer's report on developing Herpes treatments. Obviously it is heavily biased and is probably a few years old but still quite informative. For instance: two different versions of the virus hide away in the body, one typically in the inner ear/temple part of ...
Read more : Herpes treatment advances - not directly MS related | Views : 1510 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Efficacy of Disease-Modifying Therapies Review Study

Our objective was to compare the clinical efficacy of currently approved first-line DMTs in patients with RRMS, applying an evidence-based medicine approach. We reviewed all phase III pivotal trials of DMTs. Six clinical trials of Avonex(R), Betaseron(R), Copaxone(R), Rebif(R) and Tysabri(R) in patients with RRMS were identified for analysis. Only randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studies were included. The clinical efficacy endpoints compared were: proportion of relapse-free patients at 1 and 2 years; annualized relapse rate at ...

Prozac as DMD for MS

Multiple Sclerosis Disease Activity May Be Curbed By Prozac
01 May 2008

The antidepressant Prozac may help to curb disease activity in the relapsing remitting form of multiple sclerosis (MS), reveals preliminary research published ahead of print in the Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.

The research team randomly allocated 40 patients with the relapsing remitting form of MS to treatment with either 20 mg daily of fluoxetine (Prozac) or an inactive substance (placebo) for ...
Read more : Prozac as DMD for MS | Views : 1552 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Etiquette ?? in the Dr office

My nuerologist is sometimes in a wheelchair other times on crutches. This has offten time made me curious. He is a wonderful guy and I like him alot. He has never volunteered what his condition is to me. My question is would it be wrong of me to ask? This doesn't make a difference to me so maybe I shouldn't. It is just something that I have wondered about since my first visit almost two ...
Read more : Etiquette ?? in the Dr office | Views : 1905 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Zoloft & Brain Zaps

I know this might sound crazy (ironic since I'm talking about Zoloft) but here goes anyway. I tried to stop taking my daily Zoloft pill. After about three or four days I began getting these strange sensations in my head. It felt like electrical zaps. After a few weeks I couldn't stand it anymore and started taking the Zoloft again. The zaps went away when I started taking the drug again. What's up with this? ...
Read more : Zoloft & Brain Zaps | Views : 2432 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

regrowing a finger

This was a gotta-see-it-to-believe-it story. What can it do for an MS patient, if it could?......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7354458.stm
Read more : regrowing a finger | Views : 2343 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Burning mouth

Is driving me crazy! This was almost completely gone during my steroids treatment and a bit after, but it's slowly come back.

Anyone else dealt with burning mouth before? It can be pure agony. I get the burning in the mouth, esp. on my top right side and my cheek feels like it's on fire (on the inside), my tongue feels like a million bees are stinging it, and my lips can feel a slight ...
Read more : Burning mouth | Views : 9574 | Replies : 41 | Forum : General Discussion

Update on me

I just finished 3 days of IVSM for an exacerbation. I found out that my MRTCs were negative on the April 1 blood draw so I will have to wait the 90 days.

Since I just had an exacerbation and IVSM, I will have to re-sign the consent forms to continue in the extension study.

I guess the good news is the MRTCs are negative... :)

Now ...
Read more : Update on me | Views : 5117 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

moving day

found a new functionality limit...
note to self: no more moving fridges, not even mini-fridges, down three flights of stairs alone.
that could've been a right disaster lol! whew, not much more to go :)
Read more : moving day | Views : 2186 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234267 • Total topics 25188 • Total members 16407

Contact us | Terms of Service