It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:07 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX

ARE YOU A MOTHER WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS?

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
A research study on mothers with chronic illness is seeking participants for interviews lasting approximately 90 minutes.

This study, being conducted by Courtney O’Dell, a graduate student at Texas Woman’s University, aims to gain insight into the daily realities of chronically ill women who mother by focusing on the narratives of mothers with MS.
You Must Be:
• Over the age of 18.
• Caring ...
Read more : Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX | Views : 1229 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX

ARE YOU A MOTHER WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS?

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
A research study on mothers with chronic illness is seeking participants for interviews lasting approximately 90 minutes.

This study, being conducted by Courtney O’Dell, a graduate student at Texas Woman’s University, aims to gain insight into the daily realities of chronically ill women who mother by focusing on the narratives of mothers with MS.
You Must Be:
• Over the age of 18.
• Caring ...
Read more : Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX | Views : 1081 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

acupunture?

Has anyone tried acupunture? Did you feel that it helped in alleviating symptoms? How long was it before you felt any positive effects? I've been doing it for a couple of months (with a very well thought of dr of TCM) and honestly cannot say that it has made any difference-- at this point I'm quite discouraged and feeling that I'm throwing my money away. And (very late at night) sometimes thinking that here is ...
Read more : acupunture? | Views : 2577 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Natural Approach

Virtual worms

Virtual worms crawl through 3-D medical images
Simon Fraser University-created technology gives medical researchers a peek inside patients
Published: Monday, November 06, 2006

Computer scientists at Simon Fraser University have created virtual worms that crawl through medical images of blood vessels, air passages and spinal cords, offering medical researchers a non-invasive and detailed peek inside their patients.

Assistant professor Ghassan Hamarneh and graduate student Chris McIntosh developed the "3-D crawlers" to help medical researchers analyse ...
Read more : Virtual worms | Views : 810 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Am I thinking to much??

I like to think I'm a "semi"normal person. Today however, I thought to myself, "I wonder if everybody thinks about their MS as often in a day's time as I do."

When I wake up, I lie there. For that first few precious seconds I really don't feel like I have anything wrong. Then I move. Spill my water on my way to shutting off the alarm clock, not being able to feel the tag ...
Read more : Am I thinking to much?? | Views : 2918 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin news

This isn't really new info here as a lot of people are keeping us up to date, but here's a company press release...

Opexa Begins Dosing Patients in Phase IIb Trial of Tovaxin™ for Multiple Sclerosis

BUSINESS WIRE - Opexa Therapeutics announced today that it has dosed the first patient in its 150-patient Phase IIb clinical trial of Tovaxin in multiple sclerosis. Enrollment is expected to be completed by mid-2007. There are currently 31 trial ...
Read more : Tovaxin news | Views : 1234 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

How much benefit from that multivitamin?

Do you suppose this vinegar method works for all the water soluble vitamins????

How much benefit from that multivitamin?

Q: A physician told my daughter that 80 percent of vitamins in solid form are unabsorbed and lost through digestion. My pharmacist says it's more like 50 percent. I am taking 600 mg of calcium carbonate plus Vitamin D twice a day. Can you tell me how to know how much I'm actually receiving?

A: It's ...
Read more : How much benefit from that multivitamin? | Views : 904 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Too true

When all is said and done ...

There is nothing left to say or to do :?

Roger McGough
Read more : Too true | Views : 1878 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

Distilled water, Urine and songs

Hi...
So tonight I thought I do a google search on distilled water and see if there is anything on it pertaining to MS. Like usual, I was distracted by all the odd other things that are on the net. Did you know that there are ppl that believe in drinking your own urine???? OMG! I am sorry...that is craziness. Urine is your waste...unless you are sick and your body is getting rid of things ...
Read more : Distilled water, Urine and songs | Views : 1827 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

Vit D

Vit D article

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j692918069&w=464753

I've become a convert to the Vit D thing. No more high factor suntan cream in Summer. But as I look out the window and see the fireworks going off (Bonfire Night in the UK), I realise how short and dark the days are.

I now understand that Vit D3 is the supplement to take, but am confused by how much I should be taking. ...
Read more : Vit D | Views : 5751 | Replies : 43 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222219 • Total topics 23077 • Total members 14606

Contact us | Terms of Service