It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ATL1102 - update

Antisense Therapeutics Provides ATL1102 Phase IIa Multiple Sclerosis Trial Update 01 April 2008

Patient dosing completed
Patient monitoring phase to be completed this month
Results of trial on track to be reported in mid 2008

Antisense Therapeutics Ltd. provided the following update on the Phase IIa clinical trial in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.

The dosing phase of the study has now been completed. All patients enrolled into the study have received either ATL1102 ...
Read more : ATL1102 - update | Views : 1438 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Anyone on CPN or ABX in Australia? Need to chat :-) please

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum so be gentle with me :-)

I have been reading up alot on Mr Wheldons Cpn treatments etc and was hoping to speak to someone in Australia that has tried it or is currently on t. I have spoken to my GP and asked if he knows or has heard of this anti-biotic treatment.. He hasnt.. H easked me ...
Read more : Anyone on CPN or ABX in Australia? Need to chat :-) please | Views : 2288 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Second round of Campath and having a baby

Does anyone know the rationale behind the studies administering a second (or third/fourth) round of Campath? Or could anyone formulate a hypothesis?
Why would HiCy be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and Campath not? Aren’t they both “rebooting” the adaptive immune system (killing all lymphocytes)?

And does anyone know whether you need immunizations again after Campath (bromley? Raven? Lab Rat)? I would think that if it had the same mechanism behind it as HiCy, one would need ...
Read more : Second round of Campath and having a baby | Views : 1669 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Imaging neuroregeneration

Interesting imaging development...

Harvard researchers publish MRI images of genes in action in the living brain

Biologists have just confirmed what poets have known for centuries: eyes really are windows of the soul—or at least of the brain. In a new study published in the April 2008 print issue of The FASEB Journal (http://www.fasebj.org), Harvard researchers describe the development of gene probe eye drops that—for the first time—make it ...
Read more : Imaging neuroregeneration | Views : 1465 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Rituxan

Went to Dr. Friday. I asked to many questions to put on here, but the most important one to me was "when am I going to see results". He said it was still a bit toearly , but most of his other paitents had seen improvements within four or five months from their last treatment. I can't say that I have definetly seen any improvement ,but somedays seem to be better than others. We also ...
Read more : Rituxan | Views : 1438 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Took Part in the Local Walk MS Event

Hi gang,

I just wanted to share my experience as a first time participant in a MS Walk. Our walk was here in Charlotte this past Saturday, March 29th. I walked on the team my support group has. It's called MIND over Body (MIND = minimally impared/newly diagnosed). The team raised almost $2,800.00 for our local chapter. I surprised myself by raising just over $600.00 from 45 different people, even complete strangers.

I don't know ...
Read more : Took Part in the Local Walk MS Event | Views : 1666 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Greetings from San Diego County

Just dx'd with PPMS. Yuck!!!

PPMS'ers - interested in yacking with you. How are you doing? What are you doing, since there is no treatment?

Toodles
Read more : Greetings from San Diego County | Views : 1268 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

RE; GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS

DEAR MEMBERS my mane is seeva i need any one of our know about
GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS.ONE OF MY M.S FRIEND from LONDON send me a e.mail wich she was recevied from another her m.s friend. about this filters. thay called dirty electricity contamination can be cleaned by this filters. a lady was with progressive m.s has met DR. HAVAS and he installed 14 filters in his house and within three days he repoted walking unaid. ...
Read more : RE; GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS | Views : 1889 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

PPMS Newbie saying Hi!!

Got my diagnosis on Friday, 3/28. I long suspected so I was relieved on one hand and scared by the Primary Progressive part.

I had two clear MRIs. A incriminating Lumbar puncture. EP test next week. Dr. has already told me there is 'no treatment'.

So looking at Supplements, exercise, yoga, swimming, howling at the moon, how can get the most out of my life?

How do people keep on with the fatigue? This is ...
Read more : PPMS Newbie saying Hi!! | Views : 2834 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Introductions

The MS Recovery Diet

This book, The MS Recovery Diet by Ann D. Sawyer and Judith E. Bachrach, expresses many unconventional ideas.

On the general attitude toward MS by medicine and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society:
Contrast ours to the MS world of allopathic medicine and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS), where progress is defined as the slowing of the progressive downward spiral into disability. By their understanding, after the disease has developed to secondary progressive and symptoms ...
Read more : The MS Recovery Diet | Views : 3350 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233438 • Total topics 25047 • Total members 16206

Contact us | Terms of Service