It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Interferons inducing preexisting autoimmune dz

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 9/02...have been on Betaseron (stopped working) then Copaxone and now Rebif....after 3 months of Rebif now I apparently have some sort of arthritis (still getting workup to see what) My rheumatologist says that the interferons can induce autoimmune processes...he didn't say that I shouldn't take them....guess it's just one of the risks.....just didn't really realize it. I had a history of a type of arthritis that was probably similar ...
Read more : Interferons inducing preexisting autoimmune dz | Views : 1773 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

LX 2931

New one on me - but might be added to the list?

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j672330712&w=464753
Read more : LX 2931 | Views : 1142 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri Infusion Experiences (2006)

I'm infused and I'm enthused!!!! :D :D :D

I had a few snafoos with my first infusion today, but I was assured things will run more smoothly with my second infusion, plus they were being triple cautious with me as I again was the first MS patient to ...
Read more : Tysabri Infusion Experiences (2006) | Views : 20016 | Replies : 85 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

B-cell research

A piece of research after Bromley's heart...

Cause of nerve fiber damage in multiple sclerosis identified

UC Irvine -- Researchers have identified how the body's own immune system contributes to the nerve fiber damage caused by multiple sclerosis, a finding that can potentially aid earlier diagnosis and improved treatment for this chronic disease.

The study reveals how immune system B-cells damage axons during MS attacks by inhibiting energy production in these nerve fiber cells, ultimately ...
Read more : B-cell research | Views : 3035 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Australian stem cell funding

This sounds interesting...

Funding kicks off new treatments for diabetes and multiple sclerosis

A $5.23 million research program that will combine stem cell therapies with a rebuilding of a key part of the immune system – the thymus – to treat diseases such as autoimmune gastritis, multiple sclerosis and diabetes is being pursued at Monash University following today's announcement that it has been funded through the National Health and Medical Research Council's Programs scheme.

The ...
Read more : Australian stem cell funding | Views : 1421 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

MND

This story is about stem cells and MND.

My father's friend had MND and his father's neuro told him that Stephen Hawking had something different. I think Hawking has had MND for 30+ years which defies the usual 2-5 years life expectancy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6054572.stm
Read more : MND | Views : 1294 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Next book

Just in case anyone missed Cagso's choice:

The Risk Pool by Richard Russo

Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Risk-Pool-Vintage-Contemporaries/dp/0679753834/sr=1-1/qid=1160928949/ref=sr_1_1/104-7869071-5342304?ie=UTF8&s=books

Amazon.co.uk:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Risk-Pool-Richard-Russo/dp/0679753834/sr=1-22/qid=1160942589/ref=sr_1_22/202-8798677-6153469?ie=UTF8&s=books

I don't know Richard Russo so this will be an experience. :) Mine's on order!

How about 17 December to compare notes?
Read more : Next book | Views : 3117 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Reading Nook

New to the antibiotic theory..sorta

I had heard of the theories of mycoplasma, Cpn, etc being a cause for MS. but to be honest I had kind of blown it off because I figured it it was true there would be more talk about it...internet searches (Google) have only led me to info from way back in 1999 with the doc at Vanderbilt (siriam?). I actually go to Dr. Moses at the MS clinic at Vandy and he has never ...
Read more : New to the antibiotic theory..sorta | Views : 1824 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Stuck Sticky

Hi Arron, Thanks for all the hard work. As one who frequents the Antibiotics forum, I have a suggestion. The Minocycline "Sticky" appears dead and rather out of touch with the currently predominant subject matter of that forum which is combined antibiotic protocols, namely the Wheldon and Vanderbilt protocols. How about a new (or additional) "Sticky" for the Antibiotics forum regarding these CAPs?

Cypriane~caregiver and advocate for husband with SPMS
Read more : Stuck Sticky | Views : 975 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

venting

well folks, i have been in australia since the beginning of july. my bf doesn't make any effort to communicate with me, he is not interested. it is very one-sided and hurts. he is mad at me leaving my job and returning to school in 2004, and i think he was relieved when i had my ms attack because i couldn't come on the australia exchange. he was actually quite supportive and kind when i ...
Read more : venting | Views : 1487 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221786 • Total topics 23030 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service