It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Searching forums and site

Aaron,

I just tried a search of the forums fo SAM-e and it didnt seem to return an appropriate result.

I Tried "SAM-e" and this didnt work either. Is there a way to force it to look for a phrase? for example "hello there"?
Read more : Searching forums and site | Views : 2946 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Support

I eliminated my post

I eliminated this post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 2016 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

PS from Netherlands Daughter

To all the naysayers regarding nutrition and illness...how do you address Lorenzo's Oil? This "diet" regimen completely "cures" a fatal childhood disease. Absolutely nothing but nutrition! And this disease destroys the nerves. When one has high cholesteral, the first recommended change is "diet". There are so many, many examples of nutrition and illnesses, I could just go on and on! As I said, I DO believe in traditional medicine--truly I do! Had my daughter had ...
Read more : PS from Netherlands Daughter | Views : 1489 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

Is a treatment working?

I really like the Canadian MS Society website's 'Ask the Expert' section.

Today's question and answer may be of interest:

Q :
How do we know if the disease-modifying drug is working? I had a major relapse while on, and am still on, mine and questions have arisen whether the drug is actually doing something or the relapse would have been worse if i had not been using the injectable.

A :
This is an ...
Read more : Is a treatment working? | Views : 1063 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk

Not MS, but who knows.
But as usual, more years of research is needed.

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk

(CBS) WASHINGTON Scientists have used stem cells and a soup of nerve-friendly chemicals to not just bridge a damaged spinal cord but actually regrow the circuitry needed to move a muscle, helping partially paralyzed rats walk.

Years of additional research is needed before such an experiment could be attempted in people.

But the work marks ...
Read more : Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk | Views : 1482 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Methylthioadenosine

Another promising compound to add to the pre-clinical list.

Methylthioadenosine reverses brain autoimmune disease.

Ann Neurol. 2006 Jun 19;
Moreno B, Hevia H, Santamaria M, Sepulcre J, Munoz J, Garcia-Trevijano ER, Berasain C, Corrales FJ, Avila MA, Villoslada P.
Neuroscience and Gene Therapy Division, Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Navarra, Spain.

OBJECTIVE: To assess the immunomodulatory activity of methylthioadenosine (MTA) in rodent experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) and in patients with multiple sclerosis. ...
Read more : Methylthioadenosine | Views : 1125 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

IL-17 role in MS further clarified

Looks as though we all owe interferon-gamma a bit of an apology...and IL-17 is coming right off my Christmas card list...

IL-17 Plays an Important Role in the Development of Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis.

J Immunol. 2006 Jul 1;177(1):566-73.
Komiyama Y, Nakae S, Matsuki T, Nambu A, Ishigame H, Kakuta S, Sudo K, Iwakura Y.
Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.

IL-17 is a proinflammatory cytokine that activates T ...
Read more : IL-17 role in MS further clarified | Views : 904 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Phase I for cathepsin S inhibitor CRA-028129

Good news that they are announcing a drug I've never heard of that's already in phase I trials for MS.

Celera Genomics Announces the Sale of Its Cathepsin S Inhibitor Program to Schering AG; Transaction Completes Celera's Planned Exit from Small Molecule Development

Business Wire - June 21, 2006 - Celera Genomics, an Applera Corporation business, today announced that Schering AG has acquired its cathepsin S inhibitor small molecule drug program for the treatment of ...
Read more : Phase I for cathepsin S inhibitor CRA-028129 | Views : 1720 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

ACT Diet

Hi does anyone have a list of the diet given out by ACT clinic? My mother has MS and although we still have while to go until we have saved up the funds, she wants to try the diet from now to get prepared. Also if there is any other information they give to you on what you need to do in preparation (ie. Physio, etc). Any info. will be greatly appreciated!
Read more : ACT Diet | Views : 1393 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Do you take your own supply of stem cells?

Hi at this clinic, do you take your own stem cells or do they provide you with them there? I am currently pregnant and am going to store the umbilical cord blood as my mother has MS and I was wondering if she can use them?
Read more : Do you take your own supply of stem cells? | Views : 1402 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218765 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14196