It is currently Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Pinworms! for Bob

Hey Bob-
Need your help. My darling son brought home a case of pinworms. (The things children can bring to your life!) Our family doc wants us all to take mebendazole, since we're all showing signs of infection. I won't give any more detail....it's truly disgusting. (We won't know for sure which parasite we have until our, uh, samples are studied, but the doc wanted to get us going in the mean time.)

I mentioned ...
Read more : Pinworms! for Bob | Views : 2128 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

hello from Boulder, CO, US

Hi everyone,

I'm Trish. I've been dx'ed for about 9 years. In two weeks I'll have my 7th or 8th Tysabri infusion. I had previously used Copaxone, Rebif and Novantrone without good results. The depression from the Rebif was unbearable.

Tysabri has been good for me so far. I have not had a serious relapse since I started it. I've noticed that I have kind of lost my appetite and I've lost about 15 - ...
Read more : hello from Boulder, CO, US | Views : 1919 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Research bulletin

Latest research bulletin from the NMSS

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/docs/H ... _spr08.pdf
Read more : Research bulletin | Views : 1502 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Glenmark Pharma gets UK regulatory nod for GRC 4039

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd on February 21 announced that its candidate for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammation and Multiple Sclerosis - GRC 4039, has entered Phase I trials.

This is with approval from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency in the U.K. The company intends to develop GRC 4039 for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Glenmark expects to complete Phase I trials for GRC 4039 by October 2008 and initiate Phase II by January 2009.

Source: The Hindu Business ...
Read more : Glenmark Pharma gets UK regulatory nod for GRC 4039 | Views : 1675 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Pain question

I'm sure I'm being really dense but over the week I have started getting really sharp pain in my arm and leg that come for a couple of minutes then go away. It's happening a number of times throughout the day. Is this an MS thing or is my body just crap?
Read more : Pain question | Views : 3948 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Loobie's family - For real this time!

OK,

I joined photobucket and I think I have this figured out.

There's my ugly mug and my beautiful wife and daughter. Donations for plastic surgery are graciously accepted.
Read more : Loobie's family - For real this time! | Views : 2525 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

DR15 allele

<shortened url>
I wonder how to test for the above genetic coding. I would guess I have this genetic code.
Read more : DR15 allele | Views : 1279 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

ATL1102

I guess this is a vote of confidence for ATL1102 from Teva. The phase 2a trial is scheduled to report results around the middle of this year.

Antisense Therapeutics Ltd Licenses ATL1102 to Teva Pharmaceutical

February 20, 2008 - Antisense Therapeutics announced on February 11, 2008 that the Company had entered into an exclusive, world-wide license agreement with Teva to develop and commercialize ATL1102, a drug discovered by Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc. and licensed to ANP. ...
Read more : ATL1102 | Views : 1840 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Another stem cell research article

Human Stem Cells Produce Healthy Neural Stem Cells In Rats 20 February 2008

Neural cells derived from human embryonic stem cells helped repair stroke-related damage in the brains of rats and led to improvements in their physical abilities after a stroke, in a new study by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

This study marks the first time researchers have used human embryonic stem cells to generate neural cells that grow well ...
Read more : Another stem cell research article | Views : 1800 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

FDA Proposed Off-Label Marketing Rule Changes

I wonder how/if this would impact MS off-label treatments. I would hope some of the chemotherapy drugs would receive more attention and traction as MS treatments.

FDA on Friday proposed new guidelines that would allow pharmaceutical and medical device companies to market their products for off-label uses, the New York Times reports (Harris, New York Times, 2/16). Currently, physicians can prescribe medications and medical devices for off-label uses, but companies cannot market their products for ...
Read more : FDA Proposed Off-Label Marketing Rule Changes | Views : 1248 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233001 • Total topics 24956 • Total members 16094

Contact us | Terms of Service