It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:25 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

gwa

How are the antibiotics working for you?
Read more : gwa | Views : 2452 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hotest MS Medical Topic?

Now that we are well into 2008, I was wondering what people thought is the hotest topic now in MS? I.E. the MS medical news that will be big in 2008? Where are we headed in 2008 with MS research? Lots of questions, few answers from me.
Read more : Hotest MS Medical Topic? | Views : 4498 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

The earlier the better

Hi

It's me again! It's seems that with all therapies coming up now, the fact seems to be: the earlier the treatment, the better the outcome.

On the other hand lots of doctors hesitate to go for the heavier stuff when MS is early and "mild" or want first to try some established therapies. Often valuable time is wasted that way. What makes me angry is, that scientists tend to say "as early as possible" ...
Read more : The earlier the better | Views : 5718 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

LDN study at UCSC ... when will results be out?

I know that the study has finished. Does anybody know when they will publish? Any inside word on the trial findings?
Read more : LDN study at UCSC ... when will results be out? | Views : 2810 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Going to SSI doctor, need advice

I've been summoned to see a neurologist through the government in consideration for my SSI.

What does it take to convince these people who have no understanding of how bad my symptoms really are?

What do I do, I'm nervous as hell that I'm going to f' it all up somehow.

The big thing in my mind is I choose to not catheterize myself, but squat in the tub to pee. Kind of limits where ...
Read more : Going to SSI doctor, need advice | Views : 1330 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

TNF

An interesting story came out this week about the use of enbrel (enteracept), a tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibitor (TNF) in one patient with Alzheimer's. It was interesting because the patient saw improvements within 10 minutes of an injection. At least one TNF inhibitor, pirfenidone, has been tested in MS. There have been a couple of small phase 2 trials for people with SPMS that yielded promising results. I haven't found any information about larger phase ...
Read more : TNF | Views : 1947 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New Diagnosis, Questions

Hello Everyone,

It's hard to know where to start except to say I need the support and advice of others who understand what it's like to deal with MS.

I'm 51, 'old' for MS to begin as one out of four of the neurologists I have seen told me. Never having been sick other than stuff my five kids brought home from school and hospitalization for childbirth, having to inject myself with Betaseron every other ...
Read more : New Diagnosis, Questions | Views : 5183 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Introductions

Hello from the MS Fighter

Hello, I am a 40 year old female and native of Atlanta, GA. My first symptoms were in 2000 when I experienced episodes of dizziness and balance problems. Throughout the years my symptoms progressed and neurologist could not diagnose me. I received probable diagnose from Lupus, dystonia... and finaly, It's in my head. During this time I lost strength in bilateral UE/LE, right greater than left. My right hand is clawed. I also developed tachycardia, ...
Read more : Hello from the MS Fighter | Views : 2455 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Introductions

Campax vs Tysbri

My physician provided me two options for treatment Tysbri and Campath. One FDA approved and the other not. One covered by ins and the other possibly not. When I asked my physician which one he would choose for his family member if they were in my shoes he chose Campath.
Are there any reports compairing Campath and Tysbri?
Read more : Campax vs Tysbri | Views : 3862 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Anyone's insurance paid for Campath outside of a trile?

My Doctor has prescribed Campath in order to stabilize my MS? I have heard of only a few insurances that have paid for the treatment since it is not FDA approved at this point.
If your insurance did approve Campath how did you do it?
If your insurance did not approve Campath, how much were you out of pocket per year?

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232020 • Total topics 24783 • Total members 15949

Contact us | Terms of Service