It is currently Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:04 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Question: relapse after infection

Hi guys

I have noticed a number of members mentioning a relapse following an infection - such as tummy bug, 'flu etc.
My question is, in general, how long does it normally take between the illness and the relapse? Does the relapse occur weeks after the illness has resolved, or within a few days? Can it happen just after the illness starts, while you are still sick?
I haven't paid a lot of attention previously ...
Read more : Question: relapse after infection | Views : 2082 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

I just have to have some fun to lighten the load

An elderly couple were killed in an accident and found themselves being given a tour of heaven by Saint Peter. "Here is your oceanside condo, over there are the tennis courts, swimming pool, and two golf courses. If you need any refreshments, just stop by any of the many bars located throughout the area."
"Heck, Gloria," the old man hissed when Saint Peter walked off, "we could have been here ten years ago if you ...
Read more : I just have to have some fun to lighten the load | Views : 1699 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick read)

I loved the book "The five people you meet in heaven" only 194 pages and that is hard back the size of a paperback....Fun light hearted, warm hearted ....a fast read....like going to the movies...the author is Mitch Albom...
Read more : the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick read) | Views : 4730 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Reading Nook

Ethics of Placebos in MS Clinical Trials.

This web link might start some conversation.........
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/resear ... px?nid=202
Read more : Ethics of Placebos in MS Clinical Trials. | Views : 2069 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

almost a week after the last Campath infusion

well, I am not going to lie. The whole Campath experience was worse than I expected. By the fifth day, Kristin and I were just over the whole experience. In fact we were so done, that our nurse asked if we were mad at her. I eventually got the same rash as Kristin. Not as bad though. My major thing was my body was just unhappy. Bloated, poisoned, achy, rashy and mad. After we got ...
Read more : almost a week after the last Campath infusion | Views : 4124 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

RNA interference

This treatment isn't for MS, but the researchers think that Locked Nucleic Acid has the potential to treat autoimmune diseases. The class of treatment, RNA interference, has been a hot topic for the last few years, but there hasn't been much success yet in the field. Hopefully the tide is turning.

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceN ... 26?sp=true
Read more : RNA interference | Views : 1303 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

T-cell division made simple

A useful drawing for the layman interested in the immune system.
Read more : T-cell division made simple | Views : 1417 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

chuckle

Fred and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year. Every year Fred would say, "Edna, I'd like to ride in that there airplane." And every year Edna would say, "I know Fred, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."
One year Fred and Edna went to the fair and Fred said, "Edna, I'm 71 years old. If I don't ride that airplane this year I may ...
Read more : chuckle | Views : 1612 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

EBV and genetics

Interesting, not sure if this has been posted already...

Investigators Explore MS Risk Conferred by Combination of Gene and Virus

A new study suggests that if a person has a specific gene and has high serum levels of antibodies to a specific virus, the person’s risk of developing multiple sclerosis is greatly magnified, much more than having either risk factor alone. Drs. Philip De Jager, Alberto Ascherio and colleagues from Harvard and other institutions found ...
Read more : EBV and genetics | Views : 1727 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233414 • Total topics 25043 • Total members 16203

Contact us | Terms of Service