It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:08 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

fingolimod

Hallo to all....

Today I have been looking for something on net, and I found an article about fingolimod, so here is link...

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclerosis ... fingolimod

Have a nice day :wink:
Anita
Read more : fingolimod | Views : 1423 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

The Lyme Disease Solution

The Lyme Disease Solution
By Kenneth B. Singleton M.D., M.P.H.

I am about half way through this book, because I am in an "endemic" area for Lyme Disease at the moment.....but apparently, it's not just in the New England area. And the bacteria was first discovered in 1883 in Germany.....hmmmmmm. I have learned a lot from this book and I think the author's treatment for Lyme's could be useful for any sick person.....he emphasizes strengthening ...
Read more : The Lyme Disease Solution | Views : 3499 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

show broadcast about MS

After an article about JK Rowling and her feelings, that MS does not get enough attention, the BBC added the announcement:
Scotland's Hidden Epidemic: The truth about MS, will be broadcast on Wednesday 23 July, on BBC One Scotland at 2245 BST.

So, it's only available on BBC Scotland at 10:45pm....that should draw a large audience :roll:
Read more : show broadcast about MS | Views : 1988 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

A wish child gives back

"Don't hope for things to go wrong, but when they do, don't waste your pain. Use it to carry you upward and onward to better, brighter things."

http://www.lessonsfromawishchild.com

This book is for anyone who is facing difficult times, in need of a dose of courage, or struggling to find meaning in their day-to-day existence.

My friend wrote this book. She started at age 11 and is now 16. It ...
Read more : A wish child gives back | Views : 3189 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

News from Opexa

Opexa Conducts Additional Analysis on Phase I/II Extension Study with Tovaxin(R) for Multiple Sclerosis

As of 9:30 AM ET 7/22/08
Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company leading in the development of cell therapies for multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, has completed an internal assessment of data from its Phase I/II two year extension study with Tovaxin in patients with MS. While confirming the favorable safety and efficacy profile of Tovaxin, further analysis also confirms both ...
Read more : News from Opexa | Views : 4900 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

A few days after the last infusion

It's been 4 days since the last campath infusion and I am sitting at home taking it easy. The weekend was kind of lousy since I felt like I had no energy. After the last infusion I felt fine but my energy levels quickly went downhill from there. A bunch of my old symptoms came back as well and it was hard to even walk upstairs at home. Needless to say I wasn't real happy ...
Read more : A few days after the last infusion | Views : 2153 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Two years of Tysabri

Sorry, should have posted this here rather than under drugs pipeline.

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-5888.html
Read more : Two years of Tysabri | Views : 1870 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Books that you re-read over and over

Does anyone have books that you re-read over and over again? I do - I love new books but I have a few that I will re-visit at least once a year usually. Some of them are kids books some not but they just do something for me!

I have just picked up 'Goodnight Mr Tom' My Michelle Magorian. It is a kids book set during the evacuations of WWII but I would thorough;y recommend ...
Read more : Books that you re-read over and over | Views : 8499 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Reading Nook

Two years of Tysabri

Second anniversary of TYSABRI(R) for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis 22 July 2008

Biogen Idec and Elan Corporation announced the two-year anniversary of TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab) as a treatment for relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), marking the reintroduction of the product in the United States (US) and the first international approval. The companies estimate that as of the end of June 2008, more than 31,800 patients worldwide are receiving TYSABRI treatment.

Specifically, as of ...
Read more : Two years of Tysabri | Views : 2645 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MIT identifies cells for spinal-cord repair

MIT identifies cells for spinal-cord repair
Could lead to nonsurgical treatment for injuries

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A researcher at MIT's Picower Institute for Learning and Memory has pinpointed stem cells within the spinal cord that, if persuaded to differentiate into more healing cells and fewer scarring cells following an injury, may lead to a new, non-surgical treatment for debilitating spinal-cord injuries.

The work, reported in the July issue of the journal PLoS (Public Library of ...
Read more : MIT identifies cells for spinal-cord repair | Views : 1543 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236427 • Total topics 25619 • Total members 16919

Contact us | Terms of Service