It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:16 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Searching for a pharmacy directory for England...

My mother suffers from asthma and as her medication is nearly over, I would like to start buying her medication online but as I never did this before, I tried to search for a pharmacy directory but got a France pharmacy directory instead. I would like to have a pharmacy directory for England with all the features like pharmacy names, address, and telephone numbers please. Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks!!
Read more : Searching for a pharmacy directory for England... | Views : 1198 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello everyone, I am new here and I came across this forum while searching fpr something...just wanted top say that the forum seems to be really interesting!!!
Read more : Hii!! | Views : 1177 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Does anyone get extremely dizzy?

I was taken off Rebif 2 weeks ago and have felt fine. All of a sudden the dizzyness I felt before going on medication is back. Has this happened to anyone and if so did your Dr do anything?

I'm nervous because my Dr said each relapse requires hospitalization for steroids, but I don't know if this would require steroids. Please share any information with me.

Read more : Does anyone get extremely dizzy? | Views : 2193 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Mesenchymal stem cells

I saw this article title in Pubmed:

Regeneration of myelin in multiple sclerosis. The role of mesenchymal cells in such regeneration and in myelin formation in the peripheral nervous system.

Sounds pretty interesting to me. It's the kind of article that is relevant to the mesenchymal stem cell research that's being done today. The source of the article?

Neurology. 1966 Apr;16(4):364-72.
Feigin I, Popoff N.

Yes, 1966!

Anyhow, I was digging around for info on ...
Read more : Mesenchymal stem cells | Views : 1455 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Another newbie

I am new too.

I accidentally came across this site while searching for, um, I can no longer remember what, except it was MS related. lol lol

My name is Cathie, I live in Australia. I am 44 years old, divorced mum of three (gonna be a grandma in December).......

I was diagnosed with RR MS in November 1999 after a couple of vertigo attacks and then Optic Neuritis.

I have had a bad ...
Read more : Another newbie | Views : 1194 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Has anyone tried the new nerve stimulator that helps footdrop, improves circulation, etc.? I saw it in the MSQR magazine. It's with Rx only, so you have to talk to your doctor about it and see if it's right for your situation. I was thinking that it might help me to bend my ankles allowing me to get up and down stairs easier. Right now I walk very stiff-legged and I can't raise my foot ...
Read more : WalkAide | Views : 1741 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

mast cells

Interesting potential...

Mast cells, T cells, and inhibition by luteolin: implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of multiple sclerosis.

Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;601:423-30.
Theoharides TC, Kempuraj D, Iliopoulou BP.
Department of Pharmacology, Internal Medicine and Biochemistry, Immunology Program, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a demyelinating disease of the central nervous system (CNS) mainly mediated by Th1, but ...
Read more : mast cells | Views : 1010 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

When will we see the First Oral Drug Approved?

I know there are some of you out there who have a better understanding of this than I do, so lets hear your predictions. I know we have oral laquininod, oral cladribine, fingolimond (FTY720), teriflunomide, and oral fumarate (BG12) all in the late stages of trials, so which one will be first? Also, which one do we think will be the best? Dave
Read more : When will we see the First Oral Drug Approved? | Views : 5795 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Lipoic Acid: R vs. S

I recently posted this information in another thread but I thought that it might be a good idea for it to be in its own thread in the Natural Approach forum.

Lipoic acid is an antioxidant which some researchers are investigating as a possible treatment therapy for MS. Many people refer to lipoic acid by the name 'Alpha Lipoic Acid' however synthetic lipoic acid usually contains two isomers in a 50/50 mix known as the ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid: R vs. S | Views : 6886 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Natural Approach

MS Diagnostics

Hi all,

Found this article re: a newly developed technique to test for a number of medical conditions, including MS. It is in the experimental stage, but sounds interesting. Below is the link and article.

Brain test could help make earlier diagnoses

A technique developed by a U scientist shows promise in detecting several neurological disorders for which there is no other single test.

By Maura Lerner, ...
Read more : MS Diagnostics | Views : 1109 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228659 • Total topics 24191 • Total members 15486

Contact us | Terms of Service