It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:07 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Skin, stem cells, and nerves.

Found this on 'Eurekalert!'. Sounds incredible that skin stem cells can become CNS tissue, (no ethical issues or rejection problems if they use your own skin),but here's hoping....

Public release date: 14-Jun-2006

chelsea.gay@sickkids.ca
416-813-5045
University of Toronto

Stem cells found in adult skin can be transplanted and function in mouse models of disease
SickKids researchers behind new ...
Read more : Skin, stem cells, and nerves. | Views : 967 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 1571 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Skin Stem Cells

I like the idea of being able to use skin cells to generate nerve cells.

Skin Stem Cells Aid Nerve Cells

July 14 - Toronto Star - Researchers are one step closer to repairing nerve cells and treating conditions such as spinal cord injury, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis.

A new study says that stem cells found in adult skin can function after being transplanted into diseased mice.

"This shows that these stem cells found ...
Read more : Skin Stem Cells | Views : 1167 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

currently caring for a person with ms

hi everyone , I currently care for a woman with ms, and have cared for another with the same, If i can help in any way, dont hesitate! my current client is diabetic and legally blind also
Read more : currently caring for a person with ms | Views : 1258 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

pre filled and self mix! I never knew this!

:idea: I dont know how many people may know this but I spoke with someone from biogen idec and they told me that the side effects of u mix and pre filled, may be less when you use the u mix because of the preservatives in the pre filled. the woman i care for switched back and is doing well, on the pre filled the side effects ...
Read more : pre filled and self mix! I never knew this! | Views : 2825 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 10755 | Replies : 56 | Forum : Antibiotics

Laser eye surgery

Grateful for any advice on the following.

In addition to being blessed with RR MS two years ago (age 39) I was blessed at age 15 with short-sightedness and astigmatism. This got worse in my 20's and levelled out in my 30s. In my mid 30s I got sick and tired of contact lenses and glasses and enquired about laser eye surgery. I was told by an eye surgeon who performed this procedure, that the ...
Read more : Laser eye surgery | Views : 3436 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Anti-Aging Molecule

OK, this isn't MS-specific, but it sounds very interesting.

Anti-Aging Molecule Discovered

Korean Times - A team of South Korean scientists on Sunday claimed to have created a ``cellular fountain of youth,’’ or a small molecule, which enables human cells to avoid aging and dying.

The team, headed by Prof. Kim Tae-kook at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, argued the newly-synthesized molecule, named CGK733, can even make cells younger.

The findings were ...
Read more : Anti-Aging Molecule | Views : 1218 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Research

An interview with the NMSS Head of Research.

http://skins.broadbandvideo.com/nmss/06 ... ipt_02.pdf
Read more : Research | Views : 827 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS-associated retrovirus

Another possible viral (retroviral) trigger?

Multiple sclerosis-associated retrovirus and optic neuritis.

Mult Scler. 2006 Jun;12(3):357-9.
Sotgiu S, Arru G, Soderstrom M, Mameli G, Serra C, Dolei A.
Institute of Clinical Neurology, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy. stefanos@uniss.it

One prognostic factor for early multiple sclerosis (MS) patients to develop a definite MS may be the presence of the MS-associated retrovirus (MSRV) in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). ...
Read more : MS-associated retrovirus | Views : 858 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218633 • Total topics 22526 • Total members 14173