It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:27 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

NF-kB

Damn those lucky mice------

Alleviating the burden of Multiple Sclerosis
Researchers discover a cellular signal that aggravates the symptoms of MS and might be targeted in new therapeutic approaches
Depression, coordination and speech problems, muscle weakness and disability are just a few of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Researchers from the Mouse Biology Unit of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Italy and the Department of Neuropathology at the Faculty of Medicine, University ...
Read more : NF-kB | Views : 1656 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Supplements

For those who are interested, Dr Tom Gilhooly, a GP who runs a private ms clinic in Scotland has put together a supplement which is made up of a number of vitamins, minerials etc. that many people buy individually. He calls it "MS baseline". For more info see web site address below. I'm just about to buy a 3rd batch along with MorEpa omega 3 tabs and a multi vit to go with the MorEpa ...
Read more : Supplements | Views : 2748 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

stupid dreams!!

the other night i dreamt that my hands were back to normal! there was a tiny bit of numbness only at the very tippy tips (which makes no sense really but that's how i dreamt it!) but then i woke up to the same old stupid numb hands, GRRRR!!! ah well. that dream will be real one of these days doggone-it!
Read more : stupid dreams!! | Views : 2067 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Daily Life

A few symptoms experienced lately!?

I have been having Bowel problems, constipation in simpler terms, lately. Dulcolax has helped. I have noticed lately that I will choke on simple things like water. Thankfully, Food has not been an issue.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with MS. Is this that the MS is getting worst?
Sorry for these questions, Im too new to this.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank u ...
Read more : A few symptoms experienced lately!? | Views : 3363 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway

An abstract of this research from Tygerberg Hospital in SA was recently posted: I emailed one of the authors and was startled and pleased to receive almost immediately in response the full text of the article, as well as a handout of a proposed regimen based on the research's hypothesis...that is... that body may require specific suppliments to encourage myelin repair. I've inserted some of that information on the regimen below.

BIOCHEMICAL HYPOTHESIS (THE RAPHAH ...
Read more : iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway | Views : 2029 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

**newbie waves**

Hi all - glad to have found you and looking forward to getting to know you all. My name is Jo, I'm 45 living in GA and loving life! I'm a proud mum of 3 fantastic kids, I'm also a proud Army Mom - my 19 yr old son is en route to hot sandy places. He's having a ball, I'm a wreck, but a very proud wreck. I also have a 23 yr old ...
Read more : **newbie waves** | Views : 1310 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Introduction for a new member

Hello all,

I just found this site, thankfully. I am 36 yrs old, male and diagnosed 4 years ago. I am having a pretty tough go at it, but sticking with work, and other daily activities as much as possible.

I was diagnosed just as my new wife and I were planning a family. I developed ON out of the blue and that was where it all started. I have held off on a child ...
Read more : Introduction for a new member | Views : 1216 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Hey all!!!

Hey everyone. Like everyone else that posts here for the first time visit this website all the time. Me more like 5 or 6 times a day. Let me just say without all the wealth of info and personal stories that it makes it easier to figure out what one might want to do to help themselves.

Anyway i had my first symptom Nov of last year.. I went to a Titans (football) game with ...
Read more : Hey all!!! | Views : 1611 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Latest on TGN 1412 trial

Maybe this is old news in the UK. We're so behind the times over here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/03/world ... itain.html
Read more : Latest on TGN 1412 trial | Views : 1101 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello everyone, got room for one more?

Hello everyone, got room for one more?

I’ve visited this forum many times over the years but this is my first post. I think there is a great bunch of people here and I wanted to say thanks for all the posts. It really does help. I may have some experiences that could help others and I’ll watch for opportunities.
My name is Mick (yes, like the mouse only shorter).

I’m in one of those ...
Read more : Hello everyone, got room for one more? | Views : 1352 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220093 • Total topics 22759 • Total members 14364

Contact us | Terms of Service