It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:03 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A Smart Guy on Our Side

There's quite a bit of background, but near the middle there's some detail on the research he's doing.

A rising star

Twenty-two-year-old Fulbright scholar Joseph (Joey) Oved came all the way from the US for an academic year at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot to research an animal model of multiple sclerosis (MS) - even though he has never met anyone in the throes of the autoimmune disease.
Read more : A Smart Guy on Our Side | Views : 1571 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS hug?

Anyone ever have a MS hug? This was one of the first symptoms of a flare up. It all started with a little numbness in the toes and feet. Then it moved up one leg. To the point that I could walk but wasn't sure were my feet where. Then it skipped over my waist line and went from my belly button to under my chest. Now when it got that far is when it ...
Read more : MS hug? | Views : 2059 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Awaiting Prognosis Looking For Advice From MS Patients

I'm 26 yrs old going on 27 w/in the month.

Just this past week I've had an MRI done as my neurologist suggested. Both brain and spinal MRI's were attained and I'm currently waiting to hear back from my Neurologist. I was wondering if people that have been diagnosed with MS can weigh in on my current condition (outlined below) to see if these were some of the early symptoms you've had before you were ...
Read more : Awaiting Prognosis Looking For Advice From MS Patients | Views : 3617 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

JH has my records!

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank those of you who have shared their experience of the HiCy treatment.

Carrie at JH received my records on Friday. I'm very "excited" - okay, it feels weird to think that I "want" to have chemotherapy and that I'm excited about doing this.

Some people in my life, including my neuro, thinks this is a drastic move. Of course, my neuro makes no sense - in one breath he ...
Read more : JH has my records! | Views : 4222 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

"New" to it all

Hi everyone,

Well, "cheerleader" mentioned I should post here I am!

I recognize some names here from another hi!

This is long...but I realize as I sit here, nearly 4 months into this out-of-the-blue random diagnosis....I will share...

Let's see - I'm new to ThisIsMS and MS altogether.

On December 22, 2007, the right side of my face started feeling weird - within a few days, it was entirely numb from chin ...
Read more : "New" to it all | Views : 2173 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Introductions

placenta stem cells used for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

Celgene Cellular Therapeutics Announces Clinical Transplant of Human Placenta-Derived Stem Cells

Celgene Cellular Therapeutics (CCT), a wholly owned subsidiary of Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ: CELG), today announced the clinical application of a human placenta-derived stem cells (HPDSCs) for hematopoietic reconstitution. The groundbreaking transplant occurred at the LSU Health Sciences Center Children’s Hospital (LSU) on March 28, 2008 to treat a pediatric patient with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a cancer of the bone marrow and blood. Following ...
Read more : placenta stem cells used for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia | Views : 1680 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Read more : immunopathogenesis | Views : 1492 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

rebooting at JHH

As of May 6,2008 I will be at JHH for the HiCy treatment for MS.
My intention is to try and keep those interested informed of the procedure and my experience with the procedure.

At 7:15 am I went to JHH The email that I received prior to leaving Chicago was detailed and gave step by step instructions. First I signed in and was issued an orange card which one sweeps at specific stations. ...
Read more : rebooting at JHH | Views : 13796 | Replies : 86 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

turning down an invitation...

so, check out this trip i just got invited on, clearly there is nothing wrong with me in the eyes of others lolol!

Start at Cedar Lake (1.5 km)
Portage 715m
Petawawa River (1.0 km)
Portage 255m
Continue on Petawawa River (1.5 km)
Portage 2345m (i said pardon?!?!?! i'd be gumbylegs by this time)
Through small lake (100m)
Portage 170m
Through Narrowbag (2 km)
Portage 80m
Through Catfish Lake (2 km)
Total 11,665m

and ...
Read more : turning down an invitation... | Views : 2050 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

late introduction

hey, I am sorry, I've been to this forum for some weeks now and forgot to introduce myself...
my name is veronika and I'm from Slovenia. I have been diagnosed 4 years ago and have been taking rebif for 3,5 years and have now started tysabri on 21/4 but have had a serious relapse since and I can now hardly walk (have had trouble walking for 1,5 years but not so severe and twice problems ...
Read more : late introduction | Views : 1883 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234628 • Total topics 25262 • Total members 16464

Contact us | Terms of Service