It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:00 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Newbie Hi

newbie here! just wanted to say hi...been lurking around for a bit and finally decided to join in. i'm looking forward in meeting you all. thanks!
Read more : Newbie Hi | Views : 1261 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Changing understanding of MS

Dear all,

I was dx just over 2 years ago. The neuro who gave me the news lacked any sort of sympathy. I remember him saying that MS "is an auto-immune disease where myelin is attacked". Two years later, and two years of spending too long on MS websites, revealed that the disease was much more complicated than this simple picture. Whilst a better understanding is good, in some ways as more is found out ...
Read more : Changing understanding of MS | Views : 914 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Balance

I've always thought that MS was a job creation scheme for researchers - this sort of research supports my view.

Ian

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14262
Read more : Balance | Views : 1089 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

TIM3

TIM3 - this is a new one on me!

I might fund my own research - the hypothesis 'MS is only found in countires where there are neurologists'. Moving to a country where there are not neurologists, before the age of 15, will protect you against being diagnosed with MS.

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14263
Read more : TIM3 | Views : 1079 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

1/2 shot?

My doctor asked me to use 1/2 the dose of Avonex because I called him and let him know that I had experienced ALL the side effects ever imagined and Im a diabtic T1 as well. My blood sugar did rise a lil bit, but that was the least of it. My side effects worried me more.

Has anyone ever tried this 1/2 shot?
Read more : 1/2 shot? | Views : 4439 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Avonex

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 3664 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurological Conference in Lausanne

Conference of Neurologists discussing all kinds of neurological disorders.
Glad to hear that they are really starting to focus on neuroprotection and repair in MS. I also hope that any advances they make in other disorders could have implications in MS also.

2,200 Neurologists Assembled In Lausanne
Main Category: Neurology / Neuroscience News
Article Date: 08 Jun 2006 - 0:00am (PDT)This Article
Also Appears In
Parkinson's DiseaseMultiple Sclerosis

International scientists discuss the most recent research ...
Read more : Neurological Conference in Lausanne | Views : 825 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

No makjor side effects - does that change the outcome?

Hi

This might sound like a strange question but apat from the first night of really bad shivers and fever, I've had no side effects to speak of and I'm getting a bit concerned that, thats not necessarily a good thing!

Now, 3 weeks into Avonex, I hit a relapse, which Im sure was hanging around in the background anyway. Im starting steroids ltoday (when hubby gets back from the chemist!!).

When I spoke to ...
Read more : No makjor side effects - does that change the outcome? | Views : 2310 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

Secondary Progressive

It seems from my limited understanding that the Relapsing Remitting phase of MS is followed by the Secondary Progressive phase. I saw one paper which said that moving to the SP phase can range from 3 - 33 years. Whereas RR seems to be driven by inflamamtion, SP is about neuro-degeneration (with inflammation having much less of a role, although some at SP still have relapses). The following article from Japanese researchers suggests how the ...
Read more : Secondary Progressive | Views : 1113 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Clinical trials in MS

List from NMSS

The list looks very impressive, although the CRABs still appear too often for my liking. They, to me, represent the Model T Fords - they've had their day and now we want somthing akin to a Formula 1 racing car.

Interesting that Bone Marrow Transplanation studies appear to be on the rise, as do trials of some of the heavy duty chemo drugs. Surely, some on the list will deliver! (fingers crossed) ...
Read more : Clinical trials in MS | Views : 1150 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218736 • Total topics 22544 • Total members 14191