It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Herx reactions

I am pursuing the idea of antibiotic therapy.

I was diagnosed with MS in 1997, and then had a positive Lyme Disease test a couple of years ago, through Igenex Labs. (Was negative with the usual tests prior to that.)

I have taken antibiotics for infections in the past and never noticed anything I thought was a Herx reaction. Some would say that means I don't have any kind of pathogen causing my MS and/or ...
Read more : Herx reactions | Views : 4727 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Antibiotics

Society for Neuroscience findings

Dagga and E to heal brain?
Last updated: Thursday, October 19, 2006
A new US study finds that marijuana may help slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease, while a second report suggests the "club drug" Ecstasy could yield insights into Parkinson's disease.

Both findings were presented Wednesday at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, in Atlanta.

In the first presentation, researchers from Ohio State University in Columbus found that marijuana may contain compounds ...
Read more : Society for Neuroscience findings | Views : 1207 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Neuroscience Research "News"

The Society for Neuroscience just completed their conference. There are some interesting news releases and other research tidbits.

I’ve been waiting to see more gender/brain research (might be applicable to MS) and it looks like it’s happening.

Research in Gender and Brain Suggest Differences at Cell Level
McCarthy and her team have also recently found that sex hormones induce differentiation of glial cells in the developing brain, resulting in differences in the glial ...
Read more : Neuroscience Research "News" | Views : 1896 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

"Factor isolated that regenerates nerve fibers"

Turning my attention these days to neuro recovery, I found something that could hold alot of promise:

http://tinyurl.com/yewysk

Cypriane~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for husband with SPMS: On Wheldon Combined Antibiotic Protocol since August 21, 2006
Read more : "Factor isolated that regenerates nerve fibers" | Views : 1191 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Sick with pneumonia years ago

Just wondering if this was common...if this fits into the chronic infection theory...I never had given it much thought..but thinking back...I had horrible cough that wouldn't go away years ago..went to the doctor and she suspected Mycoplasma pneumonia...treated with antibiotics...got better. It was a short time after that that I had the first symptoms of arthritis...and a couple of years later had first episode of MS (not diagnosed but figured out ten years later when ...
Read more : Sick with pneumonia years ago | Views : 1774 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

camapth trials in Australia?

hello everyone i was on betaferon but developed anti bodies so was asked to go on a trial to try and "flip" the antibodies my antibodies did not "flip" so my neuroligist put me on capaxone have been on it for nearly 12 months and every four weeks or so i keep getting immediate post injection reaction with dizziness,heart palpitations and difficulty breathing.I am just so over this whole MS thing!!!!! doesnt it know that ...
Read more : camapth trials in Australia? | Views : 3547 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

David's story

Dear all,

When I was first diagnosed in May 2004, I came across articles on Campath on the UK MS Society website. There was a link to a patient with very active RRMS (David's story) who set out his experience. His diary ended pretty much after his second infusion. Two years on, he has provided an update - set out below. He seems to be doing well.

Of course it is only one person's experience ...
Read more : David's story | Views : 3547 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

nutrition/infection/immune sys

http://intl.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/66/2/464S

Synergism of nutrition, infection, and immunity: an overview
NS Scrimshaw and JP SanGiovanni
Food and Nutrition Programme for Human and Social Development, United Nations University (Program Office), Boston, MA 02114-0500, USA. Scrimshaw@inf.unu.edu

Infections, no matter how mild, have adverse effects on nutritional status. The significance of these effects depends on the previous nutritional status of the individual, the nature and duration of the infection, and the diet during the ...
Read more : nutrition/infection/immune sys | Views : 2120 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

Introductions

Hello, I'm another newbe to this site. Diagnosed in 2003, (wheelchair dependent). MD's with 2 opinions, one says RRMS now SPMS and the other says PPMS. I have tried all CRAB's, none work. I am now approved for Tysabri and should get 1st infusion soon. This is the best MS site I have found. A lot of good info here and I am looking forward to continued communication and new friendships.
Read more : Introductions | Views : 1993 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Sandoz biopharmaceuticals

Sandoz wades deeper into generic biopharmaceuticals

By Kirsty Barnes

16/10/2006 - As it looks to the "future of pharmaceuticals," Sandoz is planning a "powerful biopharmaceuticals programme" with the construction of a new biopharmaceuticals development centre in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

The new €6.7m facility will develop and manufacture generic biopharmaceuticals for Novartis-owned Sandoz's global markets, through its Slovenian generic drug making subsidy, Lek.
“By building this structure we are taking a major step into biopharmaceuticals – the ...
Read more : Sandoz biopharmaceuticals | Views : 937 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222241 • Total topics 23082 • Total members 14609

Contact us | Terms of Service