It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

EMail to FDA/AC ie TEVA

I found this interesting post today on an messageboard.

" EMail to FDA/AC ie TEVA

by: uvauncduke 02/28/06 - This post has 86 recommendations

Dear Dr. Mosaddeghs:

I understand you represent CDER/FDA in the upcoming Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee meeting regarding the multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri scheduled for March 7th and 8th.

As a physician I have both professional and personal contacts with patients stricken with multiple sclerosis. I greatly ...
Read more : EMail to FDA/AC ie TEVA | Views : 2900 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

The New Face of MS - 2/28 WSJ

The New Face of Multiple Sclerosis

Doctors Increasingly Detect
The Disorder in Children;
Recognizing Early Signs
By AMY DOCKSER MARCUS
February 28, 2006; Page D1

Multiple sclerosis, a potentially devastating disease that affects the central nervous system, has long been considered an adult condition. But doctors are increasingly diagnosing the disease in children and teens -- and they believe that thousands more young people may have symptoms that are going undetected.

As a result, medical ...
Read more : The New Face of MS - 2/28 WSJ | Views : 1299 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes

The title of this research paper looked very promising but didn't quite deliver what I was expecting. I know that they (MS researchers) are getting nearer to identifying the genes that make one susceptible - but even if they do identify them can anything be done about it?

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... e_end.html
Read more : Genes | Views : 1128 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cell Chat Session

Hi All
I am putting together a "chat" session in the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre Chat Room for those who have had SCT and those going to have it so that people attempting to have it can chat to those who have already been through "the mill" so to speak. So that the new people can avoid any pitfalls those experienced may have encountered.

I am trying to contact as many (SCTers) as possible to ...
Read more : Stem Cell Chat Session | Views : 1932 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Stem Cells

Antibiotics or something else?

OK, I started the ABX Feb 15 - doxy 200mg once a day for now (See neuro this week and hopefully will add the azithro without too much work.)

I also upped my LDN dose from 3mg to 4.5mg on Feb 22.
When I first started LDN in Dec 2005, I had sleeplessness and very vivid dreams which dissipated after a week or two. No troubles since then at all. Since upping the dose, I ...
Read more : Antibiotics or something else? | Views : 2551 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Antibiotics

Huntingtons

This at least looks like proper research in relation to stem cells and a different disease

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 53,00.html
Read more : Huntingtons | Views : 1189 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

And another

Not sure where the procedure was undertaken - could be the Ukraine.

Stem Cell Therapy International Reports Successful Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis Patient With Stem Cell Transplantation Therapy 27 February 2006
Patient Describes 'Dramatic' Improvement in Video Clip Posted on Company Web Site
TAMPA, FL--Feb 27, 2006 -- Stem Cell Therapy International, Inc, a leading company in the field of research and development of stem cell transplantation (SCT) therapy and regenerative medicine, reported today the ...
Read more : And another | Views : 1203 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

West Wing Worthwhile?

Hopefully, this is the correct section for such an enquiry.

The TV show, West Wing (Series 4) has just commenced in Australia. In the tv preview it stated that the President is grappling with 'coming out' about his MS, so I watched the first two episodes. However, there wasn't much focus on his MS, except for some reference to short-term memory loss. I noted that he moves around like an Olympian, so walking is clearly ...
Read more : West Wing Worthwhile? | Views : 3202 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

article from Boston globe about Tysabri

Judge orders Biogen to turn over MRIs in Tysabri case
By Jeffrey Krasner, Globe Staff | February 25, 2006

A Middlesex Superior Court judge yesterday ordered Biogen Idec Inc. to turn over MRI images of Anita Smith, a Colorado woman who died of a rare disease while participating in a clinical trial of Tysabri, the company's multiple sclerosis drug.

Smith's widower, Walter Smith of Colorado Springs, Colo., last year sued the Cambridge biotechnology company and ...
Read more : article from Boston globe about Tysabri | Views : 1270 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216659 • Total topics 22134 • Total members 13921