It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Apolioprotein E

I'm happy about anything that mentions neuroprotection..

: J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006 Jun 1; Links

Apolipoprotein E-derived peptides ameliorate clinical disability and inflammatory infiltrates into the spinal cord in a murine model of multiple sclerosis.

Li FQ, Sempowski GD, McKenna SE, Laskowitz DT, Colton CA, Vitek MP.

Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center.

Apolipoprotein E (apoE), well known to play a role in lipid transport and ...
Read more : Apolioprotein E | Views : 1086 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Still Not Done Yet

I have been following the Wheldon protocol for the last year and a half and recently stopped full time treatment. A week ago, I wrote to David describing my experience since stopping full-time, antibiotic treatment.

I wrote, "Well, I've been off antibiotics since April 15 and in the last couple of weeks, I've noticed a few problems creeping back. I have been experiencing more violent spasms(worst in two years) in my legs with increased frequency ...
Read more : Still Not Done Yet | Views : 8588 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Regimens

Tysabri back soon

The Sunday Times says that Tysabri might get FDA approval this week.

Sorry to spoil you Sunday lunch HarryZ :lol: Perhaps you could turn your attention to Rituxan or Dacluzimab.

The article says that Tysabri will be $23,000 a year. About as much as Harry takes each month from the dividends from his Biogen shares. :lol:

Ian

Read more : Tysabri back soon | Views : 1452 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Article from Psychology/Psychiatry News

An article on the need for new treatments for cognitive disorders in MS and other neurological disorders .

Drug Therapies For Cognitive Disorders - Rehabilitating The Brain
This Article
Also Appears In
Neurology / NeuroscienceParkinson's DiseaseMultiple Sclerosis

Main Category: Psychology / Psychiatry News
Article Date: 02 Jun 2006 - 22:00pm (PDT)

Cognitive disorders, such as Parkinson's disease (PD), multiple sclerosis (MS), various dementias, epilepsy, vascular disorders and traumatic brain injuries (TBI), exert a heavy burden ...
Read more : Article from Psychology/Psychiatry News | Views : 830 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Just want to say Hi

Hello, I just want to introduce myself.

My name is Barb and I was diagnosed in May of 2003. I have been on Rebif since. It seems to be doing it's job the last MRI I had showed no progression....Yeah! I am SPMS so that was great news.............

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you, as we battle this MonSTER! There are good days and bad, however I feel every day ...
Read more : Just want to say Hi | Views : 1551 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Tovaxin anyone???

Hi everyone

Bromley had said that there was going to be a "poster presentation at the 2006 Annual Meeting of the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS) at the San Francisco Marriott on June 3, 2006." That would be today :) . Does annyone have any info on that or is it too early for that?? What can I say, I am anxious. I am ...
Read more : Tovaxin anyone??? | Views : 3260 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Attn: Females, please give advise on Amenorrhea & MS

Hello//

I have been experiencing Amenorrhea (no menstrual period) for a few months and I am very curious to know if MS has anything to fo with it. I know Im not preganant, but dont know what to think, any advise would be greatly appreciated... :(
Read more : Attn: Females, please give advise on Amenorrhea & MS | Views : 1398 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Another "newbie"

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself...I had an "MS attack" approximately 18 months ago and I have occassionally perused through this website...it has been helpful to hear what others have had to say about this challenging topic and look foward to future dialogue

thanks for the site,

Thinkingoutloud86
Read more : Another "newbie" | Views : 1418 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Temporary Demyelinating Diseases?

oo
Read more : Temporary Demyelinating Diseases? | Views : 1477 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Could this cause MS?

Could the us of EPehdra, Red Bull, or any of those stimulants/supplements, used over a long period of time, cause MS?
Read more : Could this cause MS? | Views : 1441 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218670 • Total topics 22533 • Total members 14180