It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:30 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Nationwide List of TOUCH cert. infusion centers available!

as a member of MSPatientsForChoice, I posted the following on my Blog-Living With MS (http://lauren-livingwithms-aolcomlglbgl ... gspot.com/ ) :P :

OUR WEBSITE NOW HAS A LIST OF TYSABRI CERTIFIED INFUSION CENTERS, NATIONWIDE!

MS Patients For Choice.Org Now Has Tysabri Infusion Sites

There are still a few bugs to work out, but the website www.MSPatientsForChoice.org now ...

Fatigue and You

I am very interested to hear from everyone what their experience with fatigue and general tiredness is. I seem to be struggling with being tired more and more as time goes on with MS. I want to know if what I am experiencing is normal for most of us or not.

To be more specific, here is my experience:

For the past 6 mos - 1 year (I have been diagnosed for 3 years) I ...
Read more : Fatigue and You | Views : 2068 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

My first greetings, but not my last, I pray anyways...

Greetings everyone,

Just was given this site by a dear friend and after reading through it I feel this is the place to be. I was dxed with the lovely MS 2 years ago. Though it has been a hard two years, losing my job and all I have found that a sense of humour helps in my case. I apologize to any who feel my way of thinking insults them but then again, it's ...
Read more : My first greetings, but not my last, I pray anyways... | Views : 1613 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

MLN0415

Dignan,

This is on your list as Phase I but there is a lot of coverage in the media today.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j625859514&w=464753
Read more : MLN0415 | Views : 1325 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

How Statins work for MS

Not sure if this has been posted before or not. Nevertheless, here it is.

Statins may inhibit progression of multiple sclerosis

CHAPEL HILL - Scientists from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have established how statins -- cholesterol-lowering drugs -- inhibit inflammation and nerve cell damage caused by multiple sclerosis.

Preliminary research has shown that multiple sclerosis (MS) patients taking statins with their standard drug regimen develop less nerve cell damage over time ...
Read more : How Statins work for MS | Views : 4125 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Statins

September 4th is MSRC's PlayMonday Draw

MSRC recently asked for peoples support in attempting to gain the most votes on the web site and we were overwhelmed by the response – even though we came third in the end behind The Guides and The Scouts.

Just think of that though, MSRC only losing out to those 2 huge membership organisations – no wonder we felt humbled by the response and very, very grateful.

So here we are again asking for your ...
Read more : September 4th is MSRC's PlayMonday Draw | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Was going to post this under the "Why Me?" topic,

out of respect for my father, whom I nearly just lost, will start this new one.

My “It could always be worse,” coping mantra is being tested to the max, this week.

My 70 year old father, who has rarely been sick a day in his life, suffered a hemorrhagic stroke, last week.

Still employed full-time, he was doing construction on his old family homestead, after work. Friends and family continuously warning him that he ...
Read more : Was going to post this under the "Why Me?" topic, | Views : 2361 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri reworked!!!

Wow - read this:

http://www.ketv.com/health/9757195/detail.html

Tysabri's been REWORKED now so that there is only a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a serious viral infection of the brain. Ho ho ho.

The worthlessness of this statistic that is endlessly repeated makes it almost laughable. Only here on this site have I read analyses that are meaningful, but which seem to elude almost everyone else because they are so hung ...
Read more : Tysabri reworked!!! | Views : 2138 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Nanowires and neurons

Hopefully they will be able to replace lost function with technology, even if they can't fix it with drugs/stem cells.

Nanowire arrays can detect signals along individual neurons
Merger of nanowires and neurons could boost efforts to measure and understand brain activity

Opening a whole new interface between nanotechnology and neuroscience, scientists at Harvard University have used slender silicon nanowires to detect, stimulate, and inhibit nerve signals along the axons and dendrites of live mammalian ...
Read more : Nanowires and neurons | Views : 782 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

BBC article

Read more : BBC article | Views : 1409 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220884 • Total topics 22894 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service