It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Research on a stem cell alternative

Interesting stuff...

Toward An Alternative To Stem Cells For Treating Chronic Brain Diseases

Science Daily — With ethical issues concerning use of discarded embryos and technical problems hindering development of stem cell therapies, scientists in Korea are reporting the first successful use of a drug-like molecule to transform human muscle cells into nerve cells. This advance could lead to new treatments for stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other neurological disorders.

In the study, Injae ...
Read more : Research on a stem cell alternative | Views : 1085 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Are mornings bad?

I was just curious if it is common to feel the worst right after you get up in the morning. I was dx'd in 2001 with ppms and as it has progressed, I have noticed that the mornings are brutal. I have strange shuddering symptoms and this profound sense of illness that goes away after I "wake up". For me thats about 2 hrs. This disease produces such different symptoms in each person you never ...
Read more : Are mornings bad? | Views : 3530 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Daily Life

Rebif Tips

Hi all, I'm sure you get asked this over and over but I am hoping for tips re Rebif. How to minimise skin reactions and side effects. I will be starting in a week and a half but thought I'd ask early in case I need to go buy anything!

Take care,

Read more : Rebif Tips | Views : 3267 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

Any luck with fumaric acid or BG 12 ??

I have been faithfully taking fumaric acid for two months now --240mg TID.
The good news to report is that I have had absolutely no adverse effects so far and I'm feeling better -- less fatigue, normal workload, able to exercise like I want, not as overwhelmed with simple tasks, etc. It's tough for me to tell whether it's the antibiotics or the fumaric acid helping me. What I would like to see is improvement ...
Read more : Any luck with fumaric acid or BG 12 ?? | Views : 3444 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

What's your experience with cooling vests, etc.?

My heat intolerance is increasing and starting to become a problem if I need to go outside on hot days for any length of time. Someone just asked me what I knew about cooling vests and other cooling products, and I have to admit I know very little. I don't even know anyone who uses any (well, I might know them, but I don't know that they use them ...
Read more : What's your experience with cooling vests, etc.? | Views : 2288 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

NA channel blockers: the risks.

Although NA channel blockers seem to have beneficial effects, there are a couple of cautions here: first, withdrawal seems to cause serious complications. However they don't mention how sudden the withdrawal was, so maybe it will be a case of simply not stopping them quickly, as with several other drugs. Second, the sentence, " the effect of sodium channel blockers on immune cells", makes me wonder what that effect was.
Hopefully, this just amounts to ...
Read more : NA channel blockers: the risks. | Views : 1349 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone watching OPXA stock?

What in the heck is going on besides the stock market sucking right now?
Read more : Anyone watching OPXA stock? | Views : 5238 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

IVIG treated SPMS and PPMS - trialresults

The results are not too impressive - just a slight trend in favour of IVIG.
Instead the number of people who left the study (120 out of 231!!!) sounds a bit strange.

Read more : IVIG treated SPMS and PPMS - trialresults | Views : 1486 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

A noble prize and the pharmas

In an Interview in “La Vanguardia” a daily newspaper in Barcelona, the awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine 1993 for his discovery of split genes Dr. Richard J. Roberts a Research Director at New England Biolabs, Beverly, Massachusetts, said “the big pharmas are not interested in find a cure they are just interested in money” so their interests are in medications for all your live (don't forget the side effects). “The pharmas left the antibiotic ...
Read more : A noble prize and the pharmas | Views : 1818 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228537 • Total topics 24179 • Total members 15467

Contact us | Terms of Service