It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS Research in Zurich

Not sure if any of you have heard of Dr Bernard Becher, but I was alerted to an article in a Swiss paper recently concerning a very novel approach to understanding and combating MS. I have managed to find a brief explanation of the therapy:

http://www.wrgfm.com/news/1774

The other articles are in French/German, but I will try and find what I can.

Sounds very promising!

Raj
Read more : MS Research in Zurich | Views : 1241 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Merger of GlaxoSmithKline & ChemoCentryx

No specific MS drug mentioned but seems to be in the works

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) And ChemoCentryx, Inc. Enter Into $1.5 Billion Drug Discovery And Development Alliance In Inflammatory Disorders

LONDON, PHILADELPHIA & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 24, 2006--GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) (NYSE:GSK - News) and ChemoCentryx, Inc. today announced a worldwide multi-target strategic alliance to discover, develop and market novel medicines targeting four chemokine and chemoattractant receptors for the treatment of a variety of inflammatory disorders, including ...
Read more : Merger of GlaxoSmithKline & ChemoCentryx | Views : 1064 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Who gets tysabri in the US?

Hi!

We recently received information from our hospital here in Sweden that Tysabri only will be administered to those patients that have a severe version of RRMS. I am very interested in knowing what the strategy for administering tysabri in the US is? Is it for all RRMS sufferers or do they make a disticntion in the deegree of severity?

I guess I am looking for arguments to influence those in charge of the policy ...
Read more : Who gets tysabri in the US? | Views : 3472 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Another possible drug

Drug for RA which may help MS - but in early phase.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j619864177&w=464753
Read more : Another possible drug | Views : 1034 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS in Scotland

This article suggests that North East Scotland has the highest level of MS in the world at 1 in 700 (I had read that the rate was 1:500 in Colorado and parts of New England). The definition of MS in the article is somewhat flawed, suggesting that it's in the spinal cord and works itself up!

Ian

North-east Scotland has highest MS rate in the world

The North-east of Scotland has the highest number people ...
Read more : MS in Scotland | Views : 1557 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Nutrition

The Boston Cure Project has published its findings in relation to nutrition.

http://www.acceleratedcure.org/download ... agents.pdf

Given that I always ate my greens and still got MS, I'm quite happy with my current diet of chocolate and diet coke.

Ian
Read more : Nutrition | Views : 1031 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

looking for friends

Hi! I'm 43, dxd with MS 5 years ago. Is anyone out there?
Read more : looking for friends | Views : 1886 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

IV solumedrol as preventitive for relapses

I finished a 2 day course ofIV solumedrol 2 days ago and today had to come home from work due to fatigue, muscle pain and some vision difficulties. The vision problems have resolved but not the fatigue and muscle aches. It feels like my neck and torso have been used as a punching bag. I'm concerned about this because my neurologist wants me to start regular IV treatments one day a month to prevent further ...
Read more : IV solumedrol as preventitive for relapses | Views : 8760 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Regimens

Immune system and repair of spinal injury

A bit of scientific controversy with MS implications...

Enlisting the immune system to fix broken spines

22 August 2006 -- NewScientist.com -- A vaccination that stimulates immune cell production could be key to enabling people with serious spinal injuries to walk again, researchers say.

However, the study has been criticised by some experts in the neurological field who remain sceptical about the findings.

The controversial research claims come from a team at the Weizmann Institute ...
Read more : Immune system and repair of spinal injury | Views : 1248 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220781 • Total topics 22876 • Total members 14447

Contact us | Terms of Service