It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Scary Reaction to Copaxone

I am currently on Copaxone and Prednisone w/famotidine (a strong prescription strength pepsid). I'm only on the prednisone to help boost my arms injury but according to my doctor the two meds together are not known to have any reactions.

A bout a week ago I took my shot (I believe it might have been a day or two after I was prescribed the prednisone when I had started the copaxone injections about a week ...
Read more : Scary Reaction to Copaxone | Views : 2372 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

Testosterone and Estrogen

Some info on testoserone and estrogen and their effects on the brain.

Too much testosterone kills brain cells: study

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Too much testosterone can kill brain cells, researchers said on Tuesday in a finding that may help explain why steroid abuse can cause behavior changes like aggressiveness and suicidal tendencies.

Tests on brain cells in lab dishes showed that while a little of the male hormone is good, too much of it causes ...
Read more : Testosterone and Estrogen | Views : 1332 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

ECTRIMS 2006

The ECTRIMS conference starts today. I attach the link to the scientific programme for each day. You can click on individual presentations / posters and see the abstracts (some are not available yet).

Art from the Boston Cure Programme is attending (I think) and usually produces an excellent summary. This will probably be available next week. I must admit, some of the abstracts are pretty dull. There's quite a bit on FTY 720 and Tysabri. ...
Read more : ECTRIMS 2006 | Views : 1070 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Scotland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5383464.stm

Hopefully, as Scotland has the highest rate of MS in the world, the research will cover MS.

Ian
Read more : Scotland | Views : 1631 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Stem Cells

taurine

Hmm, I just happen to have a bottle sitting about, I used to feed it to the fennec fox because they need high taurine. I shall try it
Read more : taurine | Views : 1042 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello, 3 mo from diagnoses in Seattle

Hello.

I am 44, widowed, and a college student. I got the 21 gun salute for my final acknowledgement of MS. I had been denying it for some time. My sister has it. So it took a 2x4 to get my attention. Carted out of work. In the hosp for 22 days. Now I am on welfare waiting on disability.

It could be worse. I found out how very many real friends I have. People ...
Read more : Hello, 3 mo from diagnoses in Seattle | Views : 1404 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

MS News Channel

Here is a link for those of you who are not familiar with the http://www.msnewschannel.com

This is the newsletter from Barrows Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. They do a lot of research and clinical trials while attempting to cure MS.

This weeks issue is full of information about new drugs and I thought some people here would find it informative.

gwa
Read more : MS News Channel | Views : 1502 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Teva

Article contains dates for double strength copaxone and laquinimod.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j652823019&w=464753
Read more : Teva | Views : 1378 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Sony Playstation

I've always thought that technology will help solve the mysteries of diseases like MS - now Sony is involved.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j652756027&w=464753
Read more : Sony Playstation | Views : 1387 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Started Wheldon CAP

Hello everyone, I've been a user on thisisms.com for several months but not an active blogger. Now I have something to blog about. After months of trying to find a doctor to effectively treat my husband's SPMS, he is finally receiving the right kind of medical care. The treatment is a comprehensive protocol that addresses bacterial, viral, and fungal infections as well as elevated toxic heavy metals, gut dysbiosis/food allergies, and poor sleep/depleted growth hormone ...
Read more : Started Wheldon CAP | Views : 8692 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221757 • Total topics 23025 • Total members 14550

Contact us | Terms of Service