It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tovaxin II b Clinical Trial

oo
Read more : Tovaxin II b Clinical Trial | Views : 2722 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Pain

Just some thinking (and writing) out loud.

My low back hurts bad today, I can’t think straight. It feels like a nail is being driven into it. Nothing has helped much. I guess I’ll cancel some more plans.

I’ve always been able to fair pretty well in chaos. I’ve never experienced anything like this though. It defies reason. I have to find a way to co-exist with this thing called ms. It’s been 6 years ...
Read more : Pain | Views : 2167 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

Stress

I found this particularly interesting since my neurologist said stress played no part in relapses. I have to admit though that reading these Pub Med articles sometimes make me feel like they are written in another language. You think they are proving one point only to state something different at the end. Maybe I should have stayed in college :D

Relationship between stress and relapse in ...
Read more : Stress | Views : 1241 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Headaches and Interferons

Yet another thing to look forward to :D

Interferon treatment may trigger primary headaches in multiple sclerosis patients.

La Mantia L, D'Amico D, Rigamonti A, Mascoli N, Bussone G, Milanese C.

MS Center, C. Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, 20133, Italy. msgroup@istituto-besta.it

Recent data have suggested that interferon-beta (IFN-beta) may aggravate headaches in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients. The aim of this ...
Read more : Headaches and Interferons | Views : 917 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Injection Site Immediate Bump Reactions

Hey everyone,

I am posting something that is actually happening to my fiancee. She was diagnosed with MS in October 2005, and has been taking a form of Interferon since then. First, she took Avonex which I injected for her. That did not stop exacerbations, so she switched to Rebif.

After taking Rebif for around 5 months, all of a sudden where she injects she is getting a site reaction that is immediate. It looks ...
Read more : Injection Site Immediate Bump Reactions | Views : 2586 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Progression vs symptom relief

The posted slide show about cannabinoids raised a question I've had for a while.

I note that in discussion of, say, statins, a number of people report seeing improvements rather quickly. Same with supplements, people report VitD etc has made a real difference and they feel worse if they miss a few days.

I am, in fact, one of these people. But while symptom relief is obviously a good thing, it doesn't mean that progression ...
Read more : Progression vs symptom relief | Views : 858 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Cannabinoid Research Info

Hi all

Here's a clever (IMO) and understandable presentation (pdf) on some of the research about marijuana and MS from the MS Care Conference in June.

The Present: Marijuana, Cannabinoids and MS by Claude Vaney, M.D.

Whether or not it's neuroprotective seems to be one of the outstanding questions. That would be nice. :)

Sharon
Read more : Cannabinoid Research Info | Views : 988 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Doc dropped "MS" as a possible. Ideas?

I know you all probably get tired of people posting, "Is this MS?" and I'm sorry to subject you to yet another one of these. But this whole thing is going so slowly and I'm getting frustrated and I feel so *utterly alone*.

I'll try to be brief, but it's a bit impossible. If you have time, I beg you to read it because I'm very scared and wonder if there's anyone else who is ...
Read more : Doc dropped "MS" as a possible. Ideas? | Views : 1779 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Research in Zurich

Not sure if any of you have heard of Dr Bernard Becher, but I was alerted to an article in a Swiss paper recently concerning a very novel approach to understanding and combating MS. I have managed to find a brief explanation of the therapy:

http://www.wrgfm.com/news/1774

The other articles are in French/German, but I will try and find what I can.

Sounds very promising!

Raj
Read more : MS Research in Zurich | Views : 1245 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Merger of GlaxoSmithKline & ChemoCentryx

No specific MS drug mentioned but seems to be in the works

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) And ChemoCentryx, Inc. Enter Into $1.5 Billion Drug Discovery And Development Alliance In Inflammatory Disorders

LONDON, PHILADELPHIA & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 24, 2006--GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) (NYSE:GSK - News) and ChemoCentryx, Inc. today announced a worldwide multi-target strategic alliance to discover, develop and market novel medicines targeting four chemokine and chemoattractant receptors for the treatment of a variety of inflammatory disorders, including ...
Read more : Merger of GlaxoSmithKline & ChemoCentryx | Views : 1067 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220882 • Total topics 22894 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service