It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:58 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Just diagnosed

Hi,

My name is Nicole. I was just diagnosed with MS a few days ago. I woke up with a numb face 2 weeks ago and called my neurologist (luckily I already had one because of migraines) and had an MRI Wednesday. Friday I was in her office staring at 3 lesions and talking about whether or not I wanted to start medication. She's giving me the option so I guess that's good. She said ...
Read more : Just diagnosed | Views : 2084 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

when does an attack 'end'?

hey all.

so my attack started on january 23rd/24th, and got worse and worse until january 29th. then the long slow climb back started.

here we are june 19, and although i have seen TONS of progress, the curve has really started to flatten out. so how do you know when the attack "ends"? can attacks be months or even a year long?

if this is me 'between attacks', i think it's starting to make ...
Read more : when does an attack 'end'? | Views : 1674 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

News: Nutra Pharma to Acquire ReceptoPharm

Nutra Pharma annouced today that ReceptoPharm signed a letter of intent to be fully acquired by Nutra Pharma.

More details at http://www.nutrapharma.com. Thought this board would find this interesting news...
Read more : News: Nutra Pharma to Acquire ReceptoPharm | Views : 1422 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Daughter's "treatment"

Have never seen anything on these boards about a doctor in the Netherlands who treats diseases with natural supplements. LONG story short...a mother at my daughter's dance school had a 17 year old son disagnosed with Hodgin's Disease. After tons of chemo and a stem cell transplant, the disease was raging. The young man was given 4 months to live (last year in May). His mother found this doctor in the Netherlands (I had read ...
Read more : Daughter's "treatment" | Views : 5719 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Natural Approach

multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells

If proven helpful, I hope that multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells can be administered without requiring the full AHSC transplant procedure.

Adult stem cells in the treatment of autoimmune diseases.

Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Jun 15;
van Laar JM, Tyndall A.
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands.

During the past 10 yrs, over 700 patients suffering from severe autoimmune disease (AD) have received an autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplant as treatment of their disorder ...
Read more : multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells | Views : 1274 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

(Others) Thoughts on different MS (RR & SP)

The following link had the following explanation, which i personally hadnt read before, and it made sense to me for the progression from RR to SP. dont know if it is still scientifically valid (if it ever was....)
The authors, Prof Compston and Coles of Cambridge, UK, concluded that axons were withering (transecting) due to a loss of trophic support from oligodendrocytes even in the absence of inflammation. ‘Trophic support’ describes the process whereby oligodendrocytes ...
Read more : (Others) Thoughts on different MS (RR & SP) | Views : 1218 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Change of name

PharmaFrontiers, developer of Tovaxin, has changed its name to Opexa.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j560790198&w=464753
Read more : Change of name | Views : 1591 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Measuring re-myelination

If they ever figure out how to encourage re-myelination, they will need ways of measuring it.

Some progress being made on the measuring side:

<shortened url>

Ian
Read more : Measuring re-myelination | Views : 892 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Have decided that this is the best MS forum in existence.

So, decided to stop lurking in the dark, here, and say Hello! :wink:

Diagnosed with MS, two years ago; I have been a most difficult patients for all of the neurologists that I've seen (four total) since I refuse to even try CRABS. Am so glad to be in good company with some on this forum.

Have been treating these autoimmune symptoms with diet, supplements, and various ...
Read more : Have decided that this is the best MS forum in existence. | Views : 1519 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

LDN compounding and the right places

I have only read through some of the various comments. I just wanted to say (or reiterate) that it is critical that a recommended compounding pharmacy be used because of the extremely low amount of actual Naltrexone in a 3 - 4.5 mg capsule. Basically it is about 16% if I calculated right. The best compounders, such as listed at www.lowdosenaltrexone.org (not ".com"), need to be used mainly because ...
Read more : LDN compounding and the right places | Views : 2046 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219329 • Total topics 22629 • Total members 14267

Contact us | Terms of Service