It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:29 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Has anybody heard anything about the results of the Italian Clinical Trial that were supposed to have been presented at the AAN mid-April?
I can't find anything on the internet.
Read more : AAN-Chicago | Views : 3608 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

UK stem cell researcher

I'd hope they can do better than 15 years. Thankfully, there is other stem cell research in the UK e.g. Professor Scolding, where an early pilot trial has begun.

<shortened url>
Read more : UK stem cell researcher | Views : 2278 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Stem Cells

Candida and MS

I posted here a long time ago about an odor emitting from my pores, that has gotten worse as my MS has gotten worse.

I'm cleaning the yeast out of my intestines and the odor is going away. My energy is coming back.

I stopped the acetyl-glucosamine because it was irritating my prostate, which is whole other new story.

I advise all of you to get some good probiotics and digestive enzymes. It's working wonders ...
Read more : Candida and MS | Views : 1691 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Lois on the Loose: woman+motorcycle= travel adventures

I read this book recently, the author is Lois Pryce, she's a journalist from Great Britain. She rode from Alaska USA to the tip of Argentina on a motorcycle. Most of it she had a companion of some sort, but a lot of it was traveled ALONE.

Fascinating adventures going through Mexico and Central America, something I would do only in my dreams, especially since I have the MS and meds to worry about (yeah, ...
Read more : Lois on the Loose: woman+motorcycle= travel adventures | Views : 3172 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

I get a couple of e-mails a week from the 'Dummies' people pushing their latest books. Today's e-mail was a bit of a jaw dropper:

Multiple Sclerosis For Dummies

By Rosalind Kalb, Ph.D., Nancy Holland, RN, EdD, MSCN, Barbara Giesser, MD, David L. Lander

Now if only they could write MS Research for Dummies.
Read more : Dummies | Views : 1952 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

I seem to have misplaced mine in the past few years. Worrying, since I'm at an age where I should have increased urges. They're simply not there, at all.

At first I thought that having surgery for endometriosis 4-5 years ago was the reason. Now I'm wondering if I can point back to MS as the culprit.

Anyone else have these problems? I'm taking Chaste Tree at the suggestion of my nutritionist/natural doctor along with ...
Read more : Libido | Views : 1736 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Ifn-B + Curcumin

Here's an interesting paper that came out last Fall which looked at the effects of curcumin combined with Ifn-B.

Curcumin modulation of IFN-beta and IL-12 signalling and cytokine induction in human T cells.
J Cell Mol Med. 2007 Sep-Oct;11(5):1129-37.
    Curcumin is a polyphenol derived from the dietary spice turmeric. It possesses diverse anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Curcumin has been shown to exhibit an inhibitory effect on the production of inflammatory cytokines by human monocytes ...
Read more : Ifn-B + Curcumin | Views : 2597 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

After my first round of steroids

I had a lot of 'symptoms' previously, including a ton of sensory issues.

Following the 6 day IV steroids and month tapering off, most of the symptoms are gone. The remaining symptoms that cause me concern now: I get what feels like a 'hot' feeling in my head, comes and goes, but feels like a heat wave in my skull, at the back to the top of the head. I also get pain in the ...
Read more : After my first round of steroids | Views : 1893 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

minocycline vs. doxycycline in CAP protocol

I have a few questions about using doxy vs. mino in the CAP protocol. So as I understand it:

* Doxy is officially used in the protocol
* Some people use Mino instead
* Mino may have some neuroprotective properties

My questions are:

1. Is there any reason to believe Doxy would be more (or less) effective than Mino? If they are assumed equal, I'd think Mino would have the edge b/c of its ...
Read more : minocycline vs. doxycycline in CAP protocol | Views : 3144 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Drug companies ghostwriting research

Research ghostwriting common, insiders say
Drug companies seek recognized authors

By Jonathan Bor, Sun reporter, April 18, 2008

The news this week that Merck & Co. conducted research on its own drug and paid prominent scientists to lend their names to the studies came as no surprise to many people in medicine.

Researchers and ethicists say scientists are often paid to be listed as authors of ghostwritten studies in scientific journals, a practice they say ...
Read more : Drug companies ghostwriting research | Views : 1275 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234612 • Total topics 25258 • Total members 16462

Contact us | Terms of Service