It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:26 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?)

Hello all,
I am 32 years old and live in Maryland. At the end of March, I was admitted to the hospital because my doctor and my neurologist thought I might have had menangitis. I didn't, actually. Instead they found some lesions on my brain and ran me through 7 days of tests. They checked for strokes, heart disease, lyme diesease, and MS. I had two spinal taps (they didn't have enough fluid from the ...
Read more : Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?) | Views : 1689 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

C-Ice

A little light reading...

Could hemp be the hot new healthy ingredient?

By Jess Halliday

26/06/2006 - The health-enhancing properties of hemp have come under the spotlight this month with the launch of a drink containing hemp-blossom syrup (Cannabis sativa) in the UK, which is also being tested by multiple sclerosis sufferers for its potential to alleviate lag pain and spasms.

The drink, called C-Ice, was develop by Austrian company Thurella and launched by distributor ...
Read more : C-Ice | Views : 786 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Research Matters

Dear all,

The UK MS Society produces a booklet called Research Matters. The latest edition is attached. It covers the different modifying drugs, work looking at re-myelination etc. It's worth a read.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=1366
Read more : Research Matters | Views : 1230 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline

Minocycline seems to have been investigated as a possible therapy for MS and other neuological diseases for ages. In May 2004, it showed some promising results - as an immuno-modifying treatment, and it has also been suggested that it has neuro-protective properties. It is currently being trialled with Copaxone. The following research suggests how it may work

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j566561445&w=464753
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 1798 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

fun

so we know i've done enough whining elsewhere on this site, but for a change... you know what's kind of fun bout this crap? i guess i am lucky to be at the beginning and so i kind of feel like WHOA i better get some things done while i can. so the australia trip to see family/attend school, which i had to postpone, is back on and will start at the end of this ...
Read more : fun | Views : 1844 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

jimmy crack

ahhhh i can't help myself, i had to put a post in here. let's talk about addiction to ms web sites. ;)
Read more : jimmy crack | Views : 1544 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

UK vs. US drug regimens

Hi all.

My mother has MS and lives in the UK, I live in USA. I want to know if she is getting the best treatment. I am always looking at what is out there. She has secondary progressive - and is quite progressed. There isn't much - but even with treatments for symptoms some are better than others.

Currently all they are giving her in UK is:
Symmetrel for fatigue
B vitamins
*Paroxetine* for ...
Read more : UK vs. US drug regimens | Views : 5656 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Regimens

just life

Maybe Arron you could create a forum for people to just talk about their lives and challenges living with ms. I think there would be alot of us that just need to share our day to day obsticles that are happening in the now and not the future of drugs that are really not part of our reality, just a thought rob
Read more : just life | Views : 1078 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Seattle girl....recently diagnosed

Allo all!
My name is Michele and I was diagnosed at the end of April, after a 3-year battle with a HORRIBLE neurologist. I know these stories are a dime a dozen with all of us, but I’m still so frustrated with the way I was diagnosed I just feel compelled to share….

I had a terrible seizure in Nov of 2001, which compelled my PCP to get me to a Neuro. She ran all ...
Read more : Seattle girl....recently diagnosed | Views : 2431 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Introductions

A neat pdf file.

This is a useful pdf file for anyone wishing to approach their GP or even neurologist about using the theory that MS might be caused by a chlamydia pneumoniae infection:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/cpn-ms.pdf

It is an abbreviated version of the whole site made into a pdf file which looks better when printed. It is made short enough to not make a doctor short-pressed for time, disregard it out of hand. It is regularly updated as is the ...
Read more : A neat pdf file. | Views : 1302 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219647 • Total topics 22677 • Total members 14292

Contact us | Terms of Service