It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BBC article

Read more : BBC article | Views : 1415 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Assistance to MS Patients with Insurance Co-payments

Interesting info from an other messageboard.

MS ActiveSource and MS Patients For Choice

In the next week or so, people can call MS ActiveSource at 1-800-456-2255, give them a ZIP Code, and they will be able to provide contact information for a couple of nearby TOUCH-enrolled neurologists and infusion centers. I was told ten days ago that this was being put in place, but it is still not quite ready. Today, I received an email ...

Damage found in 'normal' brain tissue

hbabiar@rsna.org
630-590-7762
Radiological Society of North America

Multiple sclerosis damage found in 'normal' brain tissue

OAK BROOK, Ill. -- The effects of multiple sclerosis (MS) extend beyond visibly affected areas into large portions of the brain that outwardly appear normal, according to a study appearing in the September issue of Radiology.

"This disease process in the normal-appearing brain tissue affects the brain globally and has substantial clinical ...
Read more : Damage found in 'normal' brain tissue | Views : 2595 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Why me?

I often ask myself the why me question - of course the answer is genes and some bad luck coming in contact with the environmental trigger (or perhaps it was God punishing me for laughing at the girl with cerebral palsy at infants school, which seems a bit harsh as Hitler never got a neurological disease!).

Anyway, here is a booklet on genetics for boring nerds like me. Might be handy for those who suffer ...
Read more : Why me? | Views : 1797 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Netherlands Daughter-update

My daughter continues to improve. She is now on the "antibiotic" part of her supplement treatment. Seems to be having the Herx reaction on a pretty regular basis; however the severity has lessoned. She is back to teaching all of her dance classes (owns a dance school--has not been able to do much of anything in the past 2 years). She changed a tire on her sister's car the other night. Remarked a few months ...
Read more : Netherlands Daughter-update | Views : 2102 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Natural Approach

Netherlands Daughter-update

My daughter continues to improve. She is now on the "antibiotic" part of her supplement treatment. Seems to be having the Herx reaction on a pretty regular basis; however the severity has lessoned. She is back to teaching all of her dance classes (owns a dance school--has not been able to do much of anything in the past 2 years). She changed a tire on her sister's car the other night. Remarked a few months ...
Read more : Netherlands Daughter-update | Views : 1406 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Oxygen Deprived Brain Repair?

This article has some implications with MS.

Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne
August 26, 2006

Oxygen Deprived Brains Repaired And Saved

Scientists from Melbourne's Howard Florey Institute have found special proteins that protect the brain after it has been damaged by a lack of oxygen, which occurs in conditions such as stroke, perinatal asphyxia, near-drowning and traumatic brain injury.

Dr Nicole Jones and her team discovered that during oxygen deprivation, or 'hypoxia', these proteins ...
Read more : Oxygen Deprived Brain Repair? | Views : 1017 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Rituxan update

Rituxan update...

Genentech and Biogen Idec Announce Positive Results From a Phase II Trial of Rituxan in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

August 28 -- PRNewswire-FirstCall -- Genentech and Biogen Idec announced today that a Phase II study of Rituxan (Rituximab) for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) met its primary endpoint. The study of 104 patients showed a statistically significant reduction in the total number of gadolinium enhancing T1 lesions observed on serial MRI scans of the brain ...
Read more : Rituxan update | Views : 1337 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

medical malpractice

A trial is scheduled to begin in the very near future in which my wife and I are suing a neurologist for failure to timely diagnose and treat her MS. Does anyone have experience in such a matter?
Read more : medical malpractice | Views : 1044 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

DMDs are crap

I wondered why HarryZ had gone quiet. It looks as if he is now working for the Sunday Mirror.

For non-UK citizens, NHS is the National Health Service - the health system in the UK which is funded by taxation and is free at the point of delivery.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j623481147&w=464753
Read more : DMDs are crap | Views : 1332 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221008 • Total topics 22915 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service