It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Vitamin D supplementation and antibiotics

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/vit_D.html

Vitamin D Supplementation in Multiple Sclerosis
An essential supplement for anyone using an antibiotic regime.

Brief introduction

Vitamin D is a steroid hormone; it has long been known to be concerned in the regulation of body levels of calcium and phosphorus, and in the mineralization of bone. In recent years it has become clear that Vitamin D receptors are present in numerous cell types. Evidently it has wide-ranging effects in a number of systems. ...
Read more : Vitamin D supplementation and antibiotics | Views : 1462 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

tricks to save energy....

Hello all.
I would be interesred in knowing all your tricks to save enegy. As you know, this DISEASE is all about saving energy as you go tbrough the day.

I have a few of my own and a few that the physiotherapist showed me:

1. I sit down slowly becaue it makes my quadriceps contract and get stronger
2. I drive a standard car to make my weak left leg work everyday.
3. At ...
Read more : tricks to save energy.... | Views : 1228 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

New MS website

Interesting new MS website.

http://mspatientsforchoice.org/index.htm
Read more : New MS website | Views : 2404 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

10 days on LDN and feeling worse, is this normal?

Hi all, I am new to this forum and just started taking LDN from medmex 10 days ago. I started out 1.5 and now am up to 2.5mg( cc on my syringe). I have read that it takes awhile for things to calm down after starting but all my old symptoms are coming back, but I am scared! I am on copaxone too ( every other day) and was doing ok except for extreme fatigue ...
Read more : 10 days on LDN and feeling worse, is this normal? | Views : 3785 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Doses of Antobotics

I plan to take this to my GP as soon as I can get in to see her. I have had MS for 10 years and have not had any success with treatments accept symptom relief with LDN. I am from the states. I will need scripts for:
doxycycline 200mg once daily
roxithromycin 300mg once daily (azithromycin 250mg three days a week is an alternative.)
Short courses of metronidazole will later be added to this ...
Read more : Doses of Antobotics | Views : 10232 | Replies : 63 | Forum : Antibiotics

Enrollment for Phase II trial of MN-166 complete

Progress...

MediciNova Announces Completion of Enrollment in a Phase II Multiple Sclerosis Trial With MN-166

Feb. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- MediciNova, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company that is publicly traded on the Hercules Market of the Osaka Securities Exchange (Code Number: 4875), today announced completion of enrollment of 297 patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS) in its Phase II clinical trial of MN-166.

MN-166 is a novel, orally administered compound being evaluated for the treatment of ...
Read more : Enrollment for Phase II trial of MN-166 complete | Views : 1281 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Jaded - progress on abx

I am so pleased to hear the progress many of you have made on the abx and other regimes that I thought I'd let you all know how I am doing.

I have been on the abx since August 2005, and took my first pulse of flagyl just after Christmas. My second pulse finished just over a week ago as I delayed it.

In between the two pulses I started to get an intermittent numbness ...
Read more : Jaded - progress on abx | Views : 3158 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Regimens

Can MS burnout...?

Hi.... I came across this question on another site and wondered if anyone here had any idea's on the subject....

"Does anybody know if it's possible for Multiple Sclerosis to burn itself out?"

Any input would be very much appreciated....

Tiffany
Read more : Can MS burnout...? | Views : 2642 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Another research project

This isn't really Bromley (who is taking a well-earned break from MS websites), just someone who sounds similar to him and has the same nickname.

Rituximab (Rituxin) currently in trial looks a very promising therapy. An internet search of Rituximab came across another MS charity (like the Boston Cure Project) who are doing / funding interesting work in California. The research section of their website is an interesting read. The key researcher being funded seems ...
Read more : Another research project | Views : 1254 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216329 • Total topics 22108 • Total members 13902