It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:45 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

My Introduction...

Hello. I am a thirty-seven-year-old wife and mother of two boys, ages five and ten. I was diagnosed August 8, 2006. MS sucks.
Read more : My Introduction... | Views : 1624 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

prescribing statins for MS

Does anyone know of a Neuro (or other Doc) in Colorado who has prescribed, or will prescribe, statins for someone who does NOT have high cholesterol, but who does have MS?
Read more : prescribing statins for MS | Views : 1635 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

prescribing statins for MS

Does anyone know of a Neuro (or other Doc) in Colorado who has prescribed, or will prescribe, statins for someone who does NOT have high cholesterol, but who does have MS?
Read more : prescribing statins for MS | Views : 4161 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Statins

Campath

I've also posted this under the Campath thread

Genzyme Reports Interim Results From Trial of Campath(R) for Multiple Sclerosis

Genzyme Corporation today announced two-year interim results from a Phase 2 trial comparing Campath(R) (alemtuzumab) with Rebif(R) (interferon beta-1a) for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. The results derive from a pre-specified analysis conducted after two years of treatment for 334 patients in the planned three-year trial. This review was conducted in conjunction with an independent ...
Read more : Campath | Views : 1186 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Campath interim results

This is interesting.

"Analysis of the first co-primary endpoint showed that patients taking alemtuzumab at high and low doses experienced at least a 75 percent reduction in the risk for relapse after at least two years of follow up when compared to patients treated with interferon beta-1a."

That's pretty amazing because they're not saying a 75% overall reduction, they're seeing a 75% reduction compared to Rebif! And the Campath patients have only had 2 infusions ...
Read more : Campath interim results | Views : 2921 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Horrid story

Not a nice story, but you do see these stories every now and then. If some of the drugs in the pipeline come good, hopefully none of us should be in this position. But it emphasises what a cruel disease this is if some would opt for death rather than go on with it.

Ian

Gardener admits helping wife die

A landscape gardener has admitted aiding and abetting the suicide of his wife, who ...
Read more : Horrid story | Views : 4905 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

New to me. Stem cells from Fat and an old story.

I found the following, which, although not MS specific, seems something positive.

Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reports that researchers have extracted adult stem cells from fatty tissue (adipose) and turned them into smooth muscle cells

In addition, there would be no need to use anti-rejection drugs. Rodriguez is currently trying to identify and develop growth factors that will speed up the transformation of adipose stem cells.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20060624230632data_trunc_sys.shtml

And although this story is ...
Read more : New to me. Stem cells from Fat and an old story. | Views : 1460 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

FTY720

Some news on FTY720 - further data to be presented at the end of the month.

Ian

Phase II Data Showing Clinical Benefits of Novel Once-Daily Oral Multiple Sclerosis Therapy FTY720 (Fingolimod) Published in New England Journal of Medicine

* One-year data show significant reductions in inflammatory disease activity and clinical relapse activity with daily oral FTY720 were maintained for up to one year
* Phase III program investigating FTY720 now being implemented in ...
Read more : FTY720 | Views : 15089 | Replies : 72 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221696 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service