It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Sativex

Cannabinoid-Based drug Savitex Appears Helpful for Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 3, 2006 -- Patients with progressive multiple sclerosis showed statistically significant improvement in spasticity-related symptoms following treatment with the cannabinoid-based drug Savitex, researchers reported here at the 22nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS).

"Since the subjects were able to self titrate the drug, they chose their own ...
Read more : Sativex | Views : 2352 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Sativex

flash of light in right eye

Any one else have a flash of light in your eyes? Mine is my right eye, white narrow line from right corner up over my eye. Very quick and seems to come when I move my eye or head, not always though. First saw it at night after turning the lights out. Thought it was a reflextion of light from my glasses, took them off, made sure hair not in my eyes etc., closed my ...
Read more : flash of light in right eye | Views : 21424 | Replies : 10 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

LDN - finding a doctor to prescribe

Hi! My name is Marlene. My boyfriend, Scott, has MS and I am looking for a doctor to prescribe LDN in my area. I believe I am looking for a moderator named Brenda to reccomend a doctor in my area - southern suburbs of Chicago. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Read more : LDN - finding a doctor to prescribe | Views : 3029 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Understanding MS 102: My Doctor is Expressing Cytokines

Understanding MS 102: My Doctor is Expressing Cytokines: Code Cipher Training

This is part of my continuing effort to understand Multiple Sclerosis as best as I can. I’m documenting my efforts as I go because I figure there are a few more others like me who would like to try and understand this stuff the way I’m trying to. I’ve made hyperlinks in blue in hopes that this narrative may be more like a beginning ...
Read more : Understanding MS 102: My Doctor is Expressing Cytokines | Views : 3045 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Progressive stage

The thing that still stuns me about this disease is the lack of treatments for the progressive phases - the really crap phases in my view, when disability starts ramping up. The is a question from the MS Society Canada and really illustrates how piss poor treatment options are.

Ian

http://www.msanswers.ca/QuestionView.aspx?L=2&QID=84
Read more : Progressive stage | Views : 1934 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Bacterial Infections and CSF Research

Hi all

Given all the interest in infections here's another study from Ectrims 2006 that I'm also surprised no one has posted. :roll:
PCR for bacteria in multiple sclerosis cerebrospinal fluid
J.W. Lindsey, S. Patel (Houston, USA)

Objective: The objective of this study was to use a sensitive PCR method to test for the presence of seven different groups of bacteria in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) ...
Read more : Bacterial Infections and CSF Research | Views : 1393 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Doctors refusal to prescribe LDN

How do I get my boyfriends neurologist to prescribe LDN for him. We already sent him a packet containg ThisisMS.com articles relating to LDN. And also the response from NMSS about LDN. Any suggestions?
Read more : Doctors refusal to prescribe LDN | Views : 2795 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Age and MS

Age Should Not Deter Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 1, 2006 -- In a new study of patients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) after the age of 60, nearly half of relapsing patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) and patients with clinically isolated syndrome presented with signs of inflammation on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

This finding suggests that the disease course depends on the inflammatory component of ...
Read more : Age and MS | Views : 1205 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone at ECTRIMS

Glatiramer Acetate Shows Positive Impact on Average Relapse Rate and Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis For Up to 5 Years: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 1, 2006 -- Treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) with glatiramer-acetate (glatiramer, Copaxone) is safe and effective, and it has a positive impact on average relapse rate and disease progression scores.

The findings were presented here on September 28th at the 22nd Congress of the ...
Read more : Copaxone at ECTRIMS | Views : 1886 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

Forgot the name of a website

Can anyone tell me the name of that website for pharmaceutical "professionals"? It's the one with all of the potty mouth newbie drug reps. I'm trying to find out who the Biogen rep for my area is.
Read more : Forgot the name of a website | Views : 1452 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222307 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14617

Contact us | Terms of Service