It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

...and now...the hair loss...

Well...I guess I can not deny it anymore...I am loosing my hair. I think it is because of the Avonex but my Dr. wants to run some tests. I am not sure what to hope for. Do I want it to be Avonex which I THINK is helping me or do I want it to be something else???? What would I pick? This is going to be really vain but I love my hair. I ...
Read more : ...and now...the hair loss... | Views : 7123 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Daily Life

Th17 (3rd subtype of white blood cell)

This is a very interesting discovery

"For decades, Th1 and Th2 were the twin middlemen of the human immune system. Scientists knew that these two subtypes of white blood cells activated and directed other immune cells in fighting viral, bacterial and fungal infections, and even some cancers.

Thus, the processes surrounding Th1 and Th2 were attractive targets for researchers working on new treatments.

But as it turns out, the twins may be triplets, a development ...
Read more : Th17 (3rd subtype of white blood cell) | Views : 1636 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Tetramers

Seattle in demand on even a molecular level - Tetramers

Widely sought tetramers help diagnose disease.

Thanks to Dr. Jerry Nepom and his gang of scientists at a research facility few people might know by name, Seattle provides much of the world with a spiderlike molecule that has become one of the research community's hottest new tools.

Tetramers are artificial molecules with four arms that can seek out and latch on to specific targets in ...
Read more : Tetramers | Views : 750 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another MRI....

I am going in for another MRI on July 10th (this coming Monday). The last time I had an MRI was June 24th, 2005. This MRI had a lot of small lesions scattered all over my brain. My presenting symptom was Nystagmus of the right eye. Since then, I've had no symptoms that I've noticed. I've been taking Rebif since last August, but as of late, i've not been adhearing to the 3 days a ...
Read more : Another MRI.... | Views : 3330 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Family/Friends and how they deal

I have seemed to have a lot of frustrations with my family and friends as of late. I try so hard to get them to understand how I'm feeling and what I can, or can't do. They still see me get up every day, go to work, and i still try to maintain avery plesant aditude. But when I can't do things (ie: run over and help them with an errand, or go out for ...
Read more : Family/Friends and how they deal | Views : 2340 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Daily Life

Viruses and immune system

A company which is looking at the impact of viruses on the immune system and developing treatments. No drugs in trial at the moment, but has financial backing.

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/ ... =printable
Read more : Viruses and immune system | Views : 1243 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Epigenetics

I'll start by apologizing for the brutally long post.

I've always been bothered by the incidence of MS among identical twins. Studies typically find that when one identical twin is diagnosed with MS, the other has a 20-30% chance of also being diagnosed. I think the chances in the general population are usually said to be in the 1 in 500 to 1 in 1,000 range (or 0.2% - 0.1% chance of getting MS).

The ...
Read more : Epigenetics | Views : 4542 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Procarin

Hello everyone.

I have heard about a drug called procarin, and to my understanding it helps dealing with the symptoms of MS.

Please anyone who used it respond, and tell me whether it helped (and how ) and not less important were there any side effects to the drug.

thank you.
Read more : Procarin | Views : 1770 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

cobra toxins

I just like news about cobras...

Amelioration of acute and relapsing stages of the experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by cobra toxins.

Biomed Sci Instrum. 2006;42:399-404.
Mohamed A, Reid PF, Raymond L, Dufan T.
Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Saskatchewan, SK, Canada.

Neurological deficits in multiple sclerosis (MS) and in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) show demyelination of the nerve fibers, which are responsible for transmission of signals. The myelin appears to be attacked by the cells ...
Read more : cobra toxins | Views : 1143 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220072 • Total topics 22753 • Total members 14361

Contact us | Terms of Service