It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:58 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

not sure

i've reaally only stayed on mino because i had to take some other abx for non stop UTI. and sarah was right abx has cleared my head completely
it just looks like my body has alot of different bacteria to deal with
one at a time
thanks for asking
shell
Read more : not sure | Views : 1715 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

bartonella?

i was feeling so sorry for myself on thurs 10, i called john hopkins to see if i qualified for the REVIMMUNE trial,haven't heard anything back so i will call again this week. when i told my gp i called them, he said i was single minded. first it was LDN, then ABX, then lyme and now chemo and why not in canada. he was just a jerk. joe could tell i was upset and ...
Read more : bartonella? | Views : 2683 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Differential Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis

In looking through one of the other MS sites I noticed the link that I've included below which goes into some valuable MS diagnosing information intended for the neurologist but is interesting to us laypeople.

In the past I've noticed people asking what other diseases can be mistaken with MS and how can they be differentiated? This paper does a good job of answering that question.

What I also find interesting is that one of ...
Read more : Differential Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 2095 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Expert Patients programme

Hi folks. Last Spring I attended a course on self management of chronic health conditions also called the expert patients programme- although personally i'm not keen on that name as I don't think of myself as either an expert or a patient! My neuro first mentioned it when I was dx and then i set out about finding out about it and booking a place.

It's for anyone with a chronic health condition. I was ...
Read more : Expert Patients programme | Views : 1821 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Daily Life

Read more : 1233 | Views : 4264 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Cause of my MS?

I was talking to my brother and he reminded me of something I hadn't thought about for a while. In 2004 I got very sick. I could barely eat, swallow, or drink. I would break into a very cold sweat and sometimes collapse and almost pass out. I went to see a doctor who immediately sent me to the emergency room. They ran a gamut of blood tests and found nothing and thought perhaps it ...
Read more : Cause of my MS? | Views : 4739 | Replies : 34 | Forum : General Discussion

ALA as a Necessary Supplement

This is an excerpt from a research article I read this week about ALA. I posted this on the "Natural Supplements" page, but thought it might be better answered here since the other thread was old.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/94031.php

"Alpha lipoic acid is a naturally occurring nutrient found at low levels in green leafy vegetables, potatoes and meats, especially organ meats such as kidney, heart or liver. The amounts used in ...
Read more : ALA as a Necessary Supplement | Views : 1480 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Exercise and MS

Read more : Exercise and MS | Views : 1879 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Target MS report

Dignan,

My late Christmas present to you. This report was published in mid-December but has only recently been made available on the web. it provides a good description of the latest thinking about MS and an overview of some of the drugs in trial.

Ian

http://www.abpi.org.uk/publications/pub ... ontent.asp
Read more : Target MS report | Views : 2085 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gene That Creates Cerebral Cortex Discovered

Gene That Creates Cerebral Cortex Discovered
Could lead to treatments for neurological damage from injuries, disease

Posted 1/17/08

THURSDAY, Jan. 17 (HealthDay News) -- Researchers have identified the gene responsible for creating the brain's thinking center, in a finding that could one day help people with brain injuries and neurodegenerative diseases.

The gene, called Lhx2, tells stem cells in the developing brain to form the cerebral cortex, which controls functions such as language, decision-making and ...
Read more : Gene That Creates Cerebral Cortex Discovered | Views : 1600 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232968 • Total topics 24950 • Total members 16087

Contact us | Terms of Service