It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:45 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Australian study

Yet another example of sloppy journalism: an article light on facts and specifics, and which doesn't seem to know the difference between a study and the treatment.

New Wesley Research Institute study aims to halt the progression of multiple sclerosis
'Might prove the most effective treatment of MS ever' -- research leader

A new research study being conducted at The Wesley Research Institute (WRI) aims to stop the progression of early active stage Multiple ...
Read more : Australian study | Views : 2728 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Neublastin Study

"Biogen Idec in collaboration with scientists at the University of Arizona and Tufts University reported in the April issue of the journal Nature Neuroscience that in preclinical studies, injections of the protein neublastin promoted the regeneration of damaged sensory nerve cells and produced virtually complete, long-term restoration of sensory and motor function. These studies suggest neublastin has potential for further development as a treatment for traumatic nerve injury.
Neublastin, also known as artemin, belongs to ...
Read more : Neublastin Study | Views : 1227 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I dont remember if I made a intro. on this site or not, I went on a wild information surge a while back to try and understand my diagnose

I have an inconclusive MRI scan of the brain adn a long lesion on the spine. -sighs-

I took aikido for 6+ years, I have fallen on my head more time than I can count, and during my Black Belt test I took a wooden knife ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1227 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Do people with SPMS recover from attacks? I know RRMS we can. I recently had a MRI and it showed no enhanced lesions or activity yet I had a severe attack that lasted 7 months. I am better now but wouldn't something show up on my MRI? My neuro says I am RRMS still but I had this illness for 10 or so years. I find it odd I have no inflammtion. Isn't that assosicated ...
Read more : SPMS | Views : 1825 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

well, tues afternoon i find out why Canadian neors are concerned about revimmune. my appt is at the ms clinic in Kingston,ontaio. then wed morn i'm off to ottawa for my appointment with Dr Freedman to talk about stem cells. should be an interesting week
Read more : appoinments | Views : 1209 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

My first race on Copaxone

Today I ran my first race, a 5K, while on Copaxone. I noticed no difference between now and my last race prior to the beginning of my treatment. My legs don't feel quite the same as they used to(years ago) but it could just be lack of training. I ran to a third place finish overall(out of 170) around 19:00 on a hilly and windy course.

I had, and have on training runs, the most ...
Read more : My first race on Copaxone | Views : 1460 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Fatigue and weight gain

Hi Guys

I, like many others, suffer from severe fatigue. It can be totally debilitating and I hate it. My neuro prescribed Provigil (AC, I know your hubby swears by it) and I tried it a few times. All it did was make me dizzy and vomit - so badly that my L'Hermittes set off a temporary but total paralysis in my rt arm (have to have your head bent forward to puke!) and this ...
Read more : MS Fatigue and weight gain | Views : 1939 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Low body temperature - MS related or just a quirk?

I have noticed that I have a very low body temperature recently - about 35.4-35.9 C over the last few weeks. It has had big dips in the past too and I've noticed that this can be when I'm very tired. Could this be any way related to an MS-lesion or does this strike anyone else out there as signficant? Perhaps just one of those quirks ....
Read more : Low body temperature - MS related or just a quirk? | Views : 18735 | Replies : 42 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi there from newbie in UK

Hi there. This is my first ever forum, so please excuse any mistakes.

I was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago, but last year it went into overdrive. (Well it did have 20 years worth to catch up on!) I have been on Rebif 22 for 3 months now and am beginning to wonder if it is really worth all of the side effects.

I have ...
Read more : Hi there from newbie in UK | Views : 1270 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Anaesthetic Question

I am scheduled to have surgery on Monday. When I went to the pre-op clinic yesterday, I was told that I had conflicting anaesthetic conditions.
The two choices are either a general anaesthetic or a spinal anaesthetic.

I have sleep apnea which indicates that I should not be given general anaesthetic if possible.

I also have RRMS. They said that old conventional wisdom, not actually proven and currently disputed, suggested that spinal anaesthetic could cause ...
Read more : Anaesthetic Question | Views : 1597 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234650 • Total topics 25267 • Total members 16465

Contact us | Terms of Service