It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Latest on TGN 1412 trial

Maybe this is old news in the UK. We're so behind the times over here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/03/world ... itain.html
Read more : Latest on TGN 1412 trial | Views : 1105 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello everyone, got room for one more?

Hello everyone, got room for one more?

I’ve visited this forum many times over the years but this is my first post. I think there is a great bunch of people here and I wanted to say thanks for all the posts. It really does help. I may have some experiences that could help others and I’ll watch for opportunities.
My name is Mick (yes, like the mouse only shorter).

I’m in one of those ...
Read more : Hello everyone, got room for one more? | Views : 1361 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Hugging

Hugging is healthy: It helps the body’s immunity system, it keeps you healthier, it cures depression, it reduces stress, it induces sleep, it’s invigorating, and hugging is nothing less than a miracle drug.

Hugging is all natural: It is organic, naturally sweet, no pesticides, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients and 100 percent wholesome.

Hugging is practically perfect: There are no movable parts, no batteries to wear out, no periodic checkups, low energy consumption, high energy ...
Read more : Hugging | Views : 1819 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

SRA

How NIH Officials Actually Convince People to Review Grant Applications

Editor's Note: The following is a top-secret transcript of an actual conversation between a Scientific Review Administrator (SRA) and a potential recruit to join a study section.

That SRA, that SRA!
    I do not like that SRA!

Would you review grants today?

I would not like to, SRA
    I do not want to, go away.

You could review grants here or there!
    You could review ...
Read more : SRA | Views : 1779 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Just another dissertation

Just Another Dissertation - by Christina Petersen

God loosened his tie and hoped the committee would go easy on him. He faced five professors seated in the front row of the biology department conference room.

Zeus spoke first. "Very nice presentation, God," he said, looking over his wire-rimmed reading glasses at the nervous student. Zeus was chair of the department of biology. He sported bushy white eyebrows and a long mane of white hair. Zeus ...
Read more : Just another dissertation | Views : 1640 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

How to prove it

How to Prove It

Proof by example: The author gives only the case n = 2 and suggests that it contains most of the ideas of the general proof.

Proof by intimidation - "Trivial."

Proof by vigorous handwaving - Works well in a classroom or seminar setting.

Proof by cumbersome notation - Best done with access to at least four alphabets and special symbols.

Proof by exhaustion - An issue or two of a journal ...
Read more : How to prove it | Views : 1595 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Science Quotes

Matz's rule regarding medications: A drug is a substance which, when injected into a rat, will produce a scientific report.

Tenenbaum's law of replicability: The most interesting results happen only once.

"After two years of trying, scientists at the Yerkes Regional Primate center have managed to get a chimpanzee pregnant." - Scientist, December 26, 1988.

"Sexist terminology in chemistry should be combated by changing helium to he/shelium, manganese to personganese and mendelevium to peopledelevium." - ...
Read more : Science Quotes | Views : 1718 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Copaxone

Big increase in Copaxone sales reported. Deja vu, as all the other CRAB manufacturers are reporting increased sales. No wonder these companies seem reluctant to come up with better treatments.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j599204181&w=464753
Read more : Copaxone | Views : 2232 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

Extremely Restless

Is anyone scheduled to get Tysabri this month?
Read more : Extremely Restless | Views : 12777 | Replies : 76 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service