It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Autoimmune Disease List

:o
Read more : Autoimmune Disease List | Views : 1120 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Quality of Life Burden

Major New Study Demonstrates the Economic and Quality of Life Burden of Multiple Sclerosis
Thursday June 8, 5:00 am ET

STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 8, 2006--Findings from the largest ever study on the effects of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) indicate that as the disease progresses, it results in a growing and significant burden on patients, families, national healthcare systems and society at large. The average MS patient loses the equivalent of 3-4 months of full quality of ...
Read more : Quality of Life Burden | Views : 1081 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

ENS Conference

The European Neurology Society held a conference last week. Here is a summary. It's good news that MRI imaging is improving which should lead to a better understanding of MS and better ways of monitoring the effect of treatments. Good to see that:

“A central aspect of the treatment of MS will be, on the one hand, control over the inflammatory component and, on the other hand, over the repair mechanisms and neuroprotection, meaning supporting ...
Read more : ENS Conference | Views : 913 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MRI + Lesion Patterns -- Question

Does anyone know if there is any correlation between Lesion patterns and types of MS? or severities of MS?

My MRI, as of almost a year ago had many lesions, it looked like buck-shot scattered over my brain. All of the lesions were small, but there were many. I have ZERO known symptoms as of now. I was curious if anyone would share their situation compared to their MRI's?

Brock
Read more : MRI + Lesion Patterns -- Question | Views : 3538 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Cognition

My nightmare with this disease is anything related to cognition (in addition to anything to do with physical disability, dignity, depression etc etc). In fact, this disease is my nightmare disease. Unfortunately, three of today's research papers are all to do with this.

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14244
http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14243
http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14248

As ususal bigger trials / more research required. Surely, the way ...
Read more : Cognition | Views : 1184 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Cloning Embryonic Stem Cells

Harvard scientists will try to clone embryos for stem cells

MALCOLM RITTER
Tue Jun 6, 7:04 PM ET

(AP) - Stepping into a research area marked by controversy and fraud, Harvard University scientists said Tuesday they are trying to clone human embryos to create stem cells they hope can be used one day to help conquer a host of diseases.

"We are convinced that work with embryonic stem cells holds enormous promise," said Harvard provost ...
Read more : Cloning Embryonic Stem Cells | Views : 1176 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Tracksuits

The UK MS Society is selling tracksuits. Is it just me, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a tracksuit advertising that I had MS. Also, given that mobility problems etc are common - when would one wear such a costume? At the tennis club, playing football etc?

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/get_involve ... suits.html
Read more : Tracksuits | Views : 1987 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

Betaferon approved for early stage MS - in Europe

Given the re-approval of Tysabri, it's not surprising that the CRAB manufacturers are looking for other ways to boost their sales.

Ian

Schering says MS drug Betaferon approved in EU for early-stage treatment

Schering AG said its multiple sclerosis drug Betaferon has been approved in Europe as a first-line treatment for the earliest stages of multiple sclerosis.

The approval is valid in all 25 European member states as well as in Iceland and Norway. ...
Read more : Betaferon approved for early stage MS - in Europe | Views : 3141 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219644 • Total topics 22676 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service