It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A big coincidence?

After looking at the results of the last trial I think it is a strange coincidence that Tim (who has strong ties with Opexa) benefited so much from Tovaxin.
Read more : A big coincidence? | Views : 5088 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

One reason why I distrust MS Big Pharma

Those who have read my posts over the years are familiar with my distrust of Big Pharma when it comes to the world of MS medications. The following published articles are but one reason why I have this opinion.

The first article was written by Dr. A. N. Wilner.

Glatiramer Acetate Reduces Relapses With Lower Cost in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis: Presented at ANA

By Andrew N. Wilner, MD

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- ...
Read more : One reason why I distrust MS Big Pharma | Views : 1697 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

My daughter

I am a bit concerned about my daughter. I have not allowed myself to panic, but I am starting to wonder if my 22 year old daughter might have MS.
Over the last two months or so, what she has told me is this...
Went to a club one night and her leg went numb for the evening. She could hardly walk and didn't dance at all.
Arms (both) went tingly- numb a few days ...
Read more : My daughter | Views : 1524 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

***Update*****

I came to the board not long ago. I was in the dumps. Going crazy about this monster called MS and just all over the place.

I found a wonderful group of caring and honest people. You girls and guys.

You have no idea how many of you helped me. More than you know...sp thank you with all my heart for that.

My Update:

Still on Copaxone- Shots still hurt and leave big welts and ...
Read more : ***Update***** | Views : 1710 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

**UPDATE**

I came to the board not long ago. I was in the dumps. Going crazy about this monster called MS and just all over the place.

I found a wonderful group of caring and honest people. You girls and guys.

You have no idea how many of you helped me. More than you know...sp thank you with all my heart for that.

My Update:

Still on Copaxone- Shots still hurt and leave big welts and ...
Read more : **UPDATE** | Views : 1423 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

I am newby....

Hi, my name is Debi. My nickname is Doodle. That is what my mom calls me, lol. I am 31 yrs old.
I was diagnosed with MS like 4 months ago. I think it is stupid. I have had the signs for over 10 yrs. I am currently on Betaseron and it is kicking my butt!!! My doctor is over booked and I have not been able to see him since I started it.
I ...
Read more : I am newby.... | Views : 1200 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath research

The Accelerated Cure Project has produced a note on last week's ECTRIMS / ACTRIMS / LACTRIMS MS research conference. Here is the section from the note on Campath (Alemtuzamab).

Satellite Symposium -- Researching the Potential for a New
Treatment Paradigm: Alemtuzumab in MS (Sponsored by Bayer HealthCare and Genzyme) *** (Hollie)

At last year's ECTRIMS, there was a lot of exciting data about
alemtuzumab (Campath). Phase 3 studies are now underway so this was
more ...
Read more : Campath research | Views : 2425 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Naked clowns

I hate nothing more than clowns. But naked clowns raising money for MS is too much. I image that people like Lyon will buy this sort of thing. GWA is the August clown and, I must say, for a woman in her late 50s she looks pretty good. Harry Z is the March clown, but I skipped this page. The best comes at the end - Jimmylegs is the December clown (proving that Pamela Anderson ...
Read more : Naked clowns | Views : 3535 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

I can't stop yawning

Over the past week it's been getting worse, I just can't stop yawning. I yawn every minute or so no matter how tired or pumped up I am. I've been doing the magnesium thing but it's just not helping and it's driving me crazy!
Read more : I can't stop yawning | Views : 24783 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone density drug causes jaw bone cancer

This is old news to me, but it is another study that merits attention since some doctors do not take this into account when prescribing Fosamax and other bone thinning drugs.

Many of us will develop osteoporosis as a result of taking too many steroids for MS symptoms.

gwa

Is 'Bone Death' Of The Jaw The Next Health Epidemic Facing Seniors?
25 Sep 2008

Despite little publicity surrounding the ailment, seniors may be facing an ...
Read more : Bone density drug causes jaw bone cancer | Views : 1771 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238972 • Total topics 26055 • Total members 17319

Contact us | Terms of Service