It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Pesticides and brain diseases

Article mentions myelin.

Research suggests link between pesticides and brain disease

Researchers at the University of North Dakota say preliminary research shows a link between pesticide exposure and neurological diseases like Parkinsons and Alzheimers. Researchers say they've also identified a surprisingly efficient way pesticides may get into the human body.
Researchers at the University of North Dakota are quick to point out these are preliminary results -- covering one year of a planned four-year ...
Read more : Pesticides and brain diseases | Views : 1946 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

My MS Website

Hello my name is Lee,

I am 36 and from Leeds, i have built an MS website (i have PPMS) with a differance, a chatroom, forum and photo's.

Please come by, sign my guestbook and say hello in our international chatroom. :lol:

www.mschat.piczo.com

or

www.ms-chat.co.uk

Lee
Read more : My MS Website | Views : 1961 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

The Link Between Infections and MS

Interesting article from the NMSS... Seems to give short shrift to CPN, mentions some other agents I wasn't aware of...

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Highli ... ection.asp
Read more : The Link Between Infections and MS | Views : 1229 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Reading Group

Anyone fancy starting a Reading Group here? :?:

Not quite sure about the logistics of an online group but I'm sure with all the bright people here we can do it :)

So how about these for a starter on the rules ?

1. One book "discussed" every two months chosen by the next Group member in line. Chooser ...
Read more : Reading Group | Views : 15732 | Replies : 53 | Forum : Reading Nook

how to make it more effective?

All,

I do not appear to have any of the side effects from LDN (ie the lucid dreams / night sweats). I have also had relapses while on LDN.

I am on 4.5mg / night. I have tried lower doses, and ensure my stomach is empty for a few hours before taking it. I have also tried emtying the tablet contents from the capsule, directly into my mouth. My compounder is pretty respected for LDN ...
Read more : how to make it more effective? | Views : 2826 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Just to finally introduce myself

Ok...I was diagnosed with MS and now I am here. It was sometime in Feb. and it has been hard emotionally everyday since. I wanted to say hello to all and to introduce my incredible fiance who stands by me at all times and keeps me sane. I am happy to have found this website and I look forward to doing my best to contribute and also to use the wealth of knowledge that is ...
Read more : Just to finally introduce myself | Views : 1212 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

embryonic stem cells

Based on this article, it looks like embryonic stem cell trials in humans could happen at some point next year.

Clinical-use stem cells made in Singapore: Lines designed for safe use in humans make their debut.

July 26, 2006 - Nature - Many early lines of stem cells were made using animal products, leaving some researchers worried.

Four 'safe' embryonic stem-cell lines, which have been made from scratch specifically for clinical use, make their debut ...
Read more : embryonic stem cells | Views : 1405 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Tetanus vaccination research

Interesting conclusion...

Tetanus vaccination and risk of multiple sclerosis: a systematic review.

* Hernan MA,
* Alonso A,
* Hernandez-Diaz S.
Neurology. 2006 Jul 25;67(2):212-5.
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA. miguel_hernan@post.harvard.edu

OBJECTIVE: To conduct a systematic review on the association between tetanus vaccination and the risk of multiple sclerosis (MS).

METHODS: The authors searched the databases Medline, LILACS, EMBASE, and Science Citation Index ...
Read more : Tetanus vaccination research | Views : 1298 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Research

Dear all,

I am cutting back - but I've just started my eight weeks summer holiday from work and its 34C outside (90F).

The Boston Cure Project reported on the 2nd International Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium which was organised by Johns Hopkins.

The presentations are a bit techy but many support my view that research on MS is really pushing forward and hopefully there will be some breakthroughs in the not too distant future. You ...
Read more : Research | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220817 • Total topics 22883 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service