It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Do you take your own supply of stem cells?

Hi at this clinic, do you take your own stem cells or do they provide you with them there? I am currently pregnant and am going to store the umbilical cord blood as my mother has MS and I was wondering if she can use them?
Read more : Do you take your own supply of stem cells? | Views : 1413 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Paralysed rat

Normally I would put this under stem cells but an interesting read. Interesting that they may trial on pigs before humans. You'd think they could come up with a pig model of MS. As usual the good times are five years away - but a little bit of progress is better than none.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j562399231&w=464753
Read more : Paralysed rat | Views : 862 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Jimmylegs--from Netherlands Daughter

Hey Jimmylegs--just wanted to first thank you for providing some insight into what my daughter has embarked on! Your info was very informative. Now, she does not have to take the parasite treatment (if that is what it is). She wanted to take all the phases. She was only recommended the one for a severe strep bacteria infection. Second, I want to explain to you where I am coming from.

First, I have read about ...
Read more : Jimmylegs--from Netherlands Daughter | Views : 2108 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Natural Approach

Chat rooms????

Hi
I really love this site. It gives me hope and a lot of information that I need. There are a lot of people on this site that I would love to get to know. I think the more we know each other, the more we may be able to help each other. With all that said, I was wondering how everyone feels about having chat rooms????
Arron, would that be possible? That way, if ...
Read more : Chat rooms???? | Views : 3582 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Suggestions

20% Smaller Needle

AVONEX(R), The Most Prescribed Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Worldwide, May Now Be Given with Smaller Needle

Tuesday June 20, 9:32 am ET
Additional Supplemental Application for Convenient Needle Locking System and Change In Room Temperature Storage Filed with FDA

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 20, 2006--AVONEX® (Interferon beta 1a), the most prescribed multiple sclerosis (MS) therapy worldwide may now be administered with a needle that is 20 percent shorter and thinner than the currently approved needle. People living ...
Read more : 20% Smaller Needle | Views : 5498 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

infusion centers?

Has anyone come across where the infusion centers will be located in the US?
Read more : infusion centers? | Views : 4769 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

gene-based interferon beta

This would have been far more exciting if they could have made this discovery 10 years ago.

Gene-Based Intramuscular Interferon-beta Therapy for Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis.

Mol Ther. 2006 Jun 15;
Jaini R, Hannaman D, Johnson JM, Bernard RM, Altuntas CZ, Delasalas MM, Kesaraju P, Luxembourg A, Evans CF, Tuohy VK.
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA.

In contrast to serial injections of recombinant interferon-beta (IFN-beta) for long-term therapy of ...
Read more : gene-based interferon beta | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Research

Read more : Research | Views : 3125 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Statins

Better than Betaseron and 75% reduction

Teva drug reduces MS relapses by 75 pct in study

By Bill Berkrot Mon Jun 19, 2:11 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd's multiple sclerosis (MS) drug Copaxone reduced relapses by 75 percent in both new patients and those who had not done well on the older Schering AG medicine Betaseron, according to a large study.

The open label 805-patient study did not compare the two drugs but tested Copaxone in ...
Read more : Better than Betaseron and 75% reduction | Views : 2041 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

depression

can anyone let me know if they take anything that helps there mood. i am going to my neuro this week and need some help. i feel like i am falling into a hole. there does'nt seem to be anything to help the ms so at least i hope there is something to brighten my mood. if there is a drug that you feel really helps i would much appreciate the name of the it ...
Read more : depression | Views : 2497 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220003 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14351

Contact us | Terms of Service