It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:52 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Small molecules

As technology improves, more will be understood about this disease and hopefully better therapeutic targets will be identified.

The NMSS has produced its Summer/Fall research bulletin. Here is the section on small molecules - Dr Giovannoni is one of my neuros and is doing work in this area.

Ian

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Highli ... ecules.asp
Read more : Small molecules | Views : 1038 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Good Info on the risks of MS Drugs

Here's a link to a PDF meant for Healthcare Providers on the management of risk associated with the different MS drugs, from the 2006 AAN conference. Some of it is pretty alarming, especially the info on Novantrone and Tysabri...

http://tinyurl.com/jz9rc
Read more : Good Info on the risks of MS Drugs | Views : 1056 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another Campath update

Interesting update on the status of Campath

Genzyme bets Campath to be blockbuster

July 25, 2006 - Reuters - Genzyme is optimistic its cancer drug Campath will become a blockbuster if it is approved to treat multiple sclerosis, a senior executive said.

Campath, which is currently approved to treat B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia, a rare blood cancer, generated minimal sales in 2005.

But if the drug is approved for multiple sclerosis it could generate annual ...
Read more : Another Campath update | Views : 2113 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Accidental discovery regrows Myelin

I saw this in our local paper (Hamilton, Ontario), it doesn't mention MS but does sound interesting. So I thought I would pass it along. The McMaster mentioned is McMaster University Medical Centre

Paralyzed rats walk after Mac treatment

Researchers' feat could help humans
By Joanna Frketich
The Hamilton Spectator
(Jul 24, 2006)
McMaster researchers are a step closer to curing paralysis after accidentally discovering how to regrow nerve casings required for the brain and ...
Read more : Accidental discovery regrows Myelin | Views : 1946 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Epigenetics pops up again

A study about frequency of parents transmitting MS to their children. They don't claim to understand why, but epigenetics is mentioned.

Men With Multiple Sclerosis Pass Disease to Offspring More Often Than Women in Families With Multiple Cases of Disease, Study Finds

July 24 (AScribe Newswire) -- According to a new study, men transmit multiple sclerosis (MS) to their children 2.2 times more often than women in families where the father or mother and a ...
Read more : Epigenetics pops up again | Views : 2143 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Pioglitazone (Actos) Reactions Please

I have a friend that is interested in Pioglitazone (Actos). I saw it listed in the Phase 2 trials. I looked it up, but don't trust just any site on research stats. Anybody hear anything about it, on it, etc? I'd love to hear some input.
Read more : Pioglitazone (Actos) Reactions Please | Views : 1339 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Possible move to USA

Hi everyone
After 18 years of living in lovely Canada, I just can't take the cold anymore. Now that I have MS and know that heat might bother me, I have decided to move to a warmer climate. That's not so dumb if you knew that it was always my dream to live somewhere warmer so that I could go out whenever I want to. It's getting pretty warm around here but I also want ...
Read more : Possible move to USA | Views : 2142 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

oo
Read more : Avatars | Views : 2900 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Support

ivig and pinched nerve

started my second month w/intravenousimmunoglobulin drips. has seemed to help, especially w/cognitive. have at least 2 more months of drips.

new major trouble has appeared, which is setting me way back. have been favoring right leg because of ms numbness and heaviness. developed fullblown excruciating pain in left lower back & thigh plus feeling like left leg is numb or falling asleep.. so now have pinched nerve/herniated disc which is probably back to ms acting ...
Read more : ivig and pinched nerve | Views : 3575 | Replies : 2 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Vit D and NZ

Study seeks to link MS and climate
A major New Zealand study into multiple sclerosis (MS) may confirm suspicions that South Islanders are more likely to get the disease than those from the North.
The degenerative disease, which affects an estimated 3500 New Zealanders, appears to strike more often in populations further from the equator, with Scotland reporting one of the highest rates of MS in the world.

A New Zealand study has found people ...
Read more : Vit D and NZ | Views : 1389 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220769 • Total topics 22873 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service