It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:51 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

2nd infusion

I have been out of touch for a couple of weeks so I didn't know about all the insurance stuff going on over Tysabri. It was predictable I guess. At the risk of sounding ______________ (fill in the blank) I am having my second infusion on Wednesday of next week.

I did not fill dramatic difference with the first infusion. No bells, whistles, drums. Having said that, prior to the first infusion, I was starting ...
Read more : 2nd infusion | Views : 2019 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Dietary chelators

I don't know if this will be helpful for MS sufferers, but I thought it looked interesting.

Dietary chelators as antioxidant enzyme mimetics: implications for dietary intervention in neurodegenerative diseases.

Behav Pharmacol. 2006 Sep;17(5-6):425-430.
Hague T, Andrews PL, Barker J, Naughton DP.
School of aLife Sciences bPharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey cDivision of Basic Medical Sciences, St George's University of London, London, UK.

Following recent reviews on the role of metal ions in ...
Read more : Dietary chelators | Views : 1315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

MS, depression and sad stories...

Hi,
I haven't been on here for a very long time due to lots of upheavel, but I was reading this news story and was frustrated by the lack of understanding between MS and depression... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/5297298.stm
When my own husband became depressed, I'm sure it was a physical reaction to something on the brain rather than being sad because he is ill. We have been offered prozac, and it ...
Read more : MS, depression and sad stories... | Views : 1196 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri in the UK

For those in the UK some news on Tysabri. If NICE give approval, I imagine that Tysabri could be available in the UK starting spring next year.

Ian

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/article.jsp?id=1129

PS Harry - Biogen are taking over the world and there's nothing you can do about it. :lol: If you are bored with Tysabri - you could turn you attention to Rituximab.
Read more : Tysabri in the UK | Views : 1861 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Warning about stem cell treatment

Scientists warn of 'unproven stem cell treatments'
Last updated at 12:04pm on 29th August 2006

Scientists have warned that some stem cell treatments could kill

A group of leading British scientists warned patients today to be wary of "extravagant" claims made for "unorthodox" stem cell treatments offered abroad.

In a letter to The Times newspaper, the experts praised the UK for establishing itself as a world leader in such research, but said foreign therapies - ...
Read more : Warning about stem cell treatment | Views : 1030 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Exercise and MS

New Hope For Multiple Sclerosis Patients

POSTED: 5:55 pm EDT August 29, 2006
UPDATED: 8:37 pm EDT August 29, 2006

RALEIGH, N.C. -- New research is breaking through old assumptions and helping people with Multiple Sclerosis.

More doctors are rethinking their approach to exercise for patients with Multiple Sclerosis, as a result of recent medical studies. It's a chronic nerve disease that damages parts of the brain and spinal cord and affects about 400,000 people, ...
Read more : Exercise and MS | Views : 1298 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Nationwide List of TOUCH cert. infusion centers available!

as a member of MSPatientsForChoice, I posted the following on my Blog-Living With MS (http://lauren-livingwithms-aolcomlglbgl ... gspot.com/ ) :P :

OUR WEBSITE NOW HAS A LIST OF TYSABRI CERTIFIED INFUSION CENTERS, NATIONWIDE!

MS Patients For Choice.Org Now Has Tysabri Infusion Sites

There are still a few bugs to work out, but the website www.MSPatientsForChoice.org now ...

Fatigue and You

I am very interested to hear from everyone what their experience with fatigue and general tiredness is. I seem to be struggling with being tired more and more as time goes on with MS. I want to know if what I am experiencing is normal for most of us or not.

To be more specific, here is my experience:

For the past 6 mos - 1 year (I have been diagnosed for 3 years) I ...
Read more : Fatigue and You | Views : 2086 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

My first greetings, but not my last, I pray anyways...

Greetings everyone,

Just was given this site by a dear friend and after reading through it I feel this is the place to be. I was dxed with the lovely MS 2 years ago. Though it has been a hard two years, losing my job and all I have found that a sense of humour helps in my case. I apologize to any who feel my way of thinking insults them but then again, it's ...
Read more : My first greetings, but not my last, I pray anyways... | Views : 1624 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

MLN0415

Dignan,

This is on your list as Phase I but there is a lot of coverage in the media today.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j625859514&w=464753
Read more : MLN0415 | Views : 1340 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221781 • Total topics 23030 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service