It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Woman with MS fired for defying dress code

I felt that this article was important to share with the group...

Woman fired for defying dress code
    MS patient with walking aid can't wear dresses

Amber Shortt, The Edmonton Journal
    Published: Thursday, July 20, 2006

EDMONTON - A longtime employee of Weight Watchers has filed a complaint with the Alberta Human Rights and Citizenship Commission after she was fired for not complying with the company dress code that requires her to wear a skirt ...
Read more : Woman with MS fired for defying dress code | Views : 1874 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MS/Shistosoma: mutually exclusive

oo
Read more : MS/Shistosoma: mutually exclusive | Views : 1443 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone with any experience with Glyconutrients?

I have just joined and this is my first post! 8O

I have had MS since Christmas 2000 and only recently been really working with it. I suffered a downturn in 2003 and put it down to my crazy life, wasn't until I couldn't push myself anymore I started hearing and seeing all the obvious signs. So I gave up work 3 weeks ago and signed up ...
Read more : Anyone with any experience with Glyconutrients? | Views : 2890 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Natural Approach

Myelin Repair Foundation

I have not posted for awhile - thought everyone might be interested in the new report from the Myelin Repair Foundation.

Myelin Repair Foundation Research Progress Report – Spring 2006

Plans for the 2006-2007 Research year The Myelin Repair Foundation research team continues to make excellent progress in understanding the biological processes that result in the formation of myelin, both in early development of the central nervous system and in repair after damage by disease. ...
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 2028 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell transplant for different disease

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j588239398&w=464753

Appears to be similar to the Bone Marrow Transplantion project in Canada being overseen by Dr Freedman.

Ian
Read more : Stem cell transplant for different disease | Views : 1411 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Bush has done it again!!!

Wow...does this guy ever do anything that I agree with? Ya...nope!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193998.stm
Read more : Bush has done it again!!! | Views : 1352 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Reflexes

Hi guys,

Has anyone here ever had ABSENT reflexes in some areas because I have some areas of absent, diminished and others pathologically brisk.

This still leaves the possible ms scenario in question as I thought with ms brisk reflexes was the norm.

Any advice,

Thanks,

Jane.
Read more : Reflexes | Views : 1439 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS life conference

Dear all,

The UK MS Society held a conference in April - I posted some of the presentations (powerpoint). Some of the speakers did not have electronic presentations (or did not provide them to the UK MS Society). Two of the key presenters were Professor Compston and Professor Neil Scolding. Someone who attended the conference took notes of the presentations which are both very interesting and I thought worth sharing. Prof Scolding is one of ...
Read more : MS life conference | Views : 1339 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Have you got this?

Gary is affected by a skin condition mostly around the back of his ears and in his beard and mustache. It is like the skin sheds in flakes and builds up. It is a lot like psorisas, but not quite. It flares up in the winter and when his MS seems more active. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this.
Read more : Have you got this? | Views : 1676 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Combo treatment

Dear all,

Saw this and couldn't resist posting despite saying I'd take a 3 month break.

There is one school of thought that if you treat the early stages of this disease aggressively that you might prevent / significantly delay the progressve stage of the disease. Campath is currently in trial to test this theory and another approach is showing some success. Dr Mike Boggild is a very well respected neuro with a specific interest ...
Read more : Combo treatment | Views : 9186 | Replies : 85 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220876 • Total topics 22893 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service