It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

RNA interference

This treatment isn't for MS, but the researchers think that Locked Nucleic Acid has the potential to treat autoimmune diseases. The class of treatment, RNA interference, has been a hot topic for the last few years, but there hasn't been much success yet in the field. Hopefully the tide is turning. ... 26?sp=true
Read more : RNA interference | Views : 1342 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

T-cell division made simple

A useful drawing for the layman interested in the immune system.
Read more : T-cell division made simple | Views : 1469 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Fred and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year. Every year Fred would say, "Edna, I'd like to ride in that there airplane." And every year Edna would say, "I know Fred, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."
One year Fred and Edna went to the fair and Fred said, "Edna, I'm 71 years old. If I don't ride that airplane this year I may ...
Read more : chuckle | Views : 1623 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

EBV and genetics

Interesting, not sure if this has been posted already...

Investigators Explore MS Risk Conferred by Combination of Gene and Virus

A new study suggests that if a person has a specific gene and has high serum levels of antibodies to a specific virus, the person’s risk of developing multiple sclerosis is greatly magnified, much more than having either risk factor alone. Drs. Philip De Jager, Alberto Ascherio and colleagues from Harvard and other institutions found ...
Read more : EBV and genetics | Views : 1785 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Rite of passage

I had my first solumedrol drip today. I had a relapse over the weekend - vetibular ataxia. My first definite relapse since diagnosis last year. Yippee :(

I am getting the drip for three more days. The nurse told me about some side effects but they didn't seem to match some other ones I've read about, so I'm curious to know what your experiences on it were. ...
Read more : Rite of passage | Views : 2016 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Need Guidance Re: abx

I am very interested in starting antibiotic therapy but my brief attempt at research has left me overwhelmed. Where do I start? How do I find a doctor if my neuro won't help me? I'm in an HMO so if I have to go out of network and pay privately are the drugs expensive? What is the test for cpn? Is that a necessary step? Does this require medical supervision or can I order the ...
Read more : Need Guidance Re: abx | Views : 2194 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Impending dx

Tomorrow afternoon I am seeing the neuro. I have not had a dx yet, only docs murmuring that MS is likely. I had a whole bunch of tests in early january and tomorrow I am getting the results ( the joys of the NHS & 3 month waits for appointments).

I am now absolutely terrified. After fighting for a year to be taken seriously by doctors I am now praying that they will tell me ...
Read more : Impending dx | Views : 3491 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

dorkus malorkus

so aaron. what if some poster is just annoying. i'm not naming any names, but it starts with e and ends with c and rhymes with bee cow see
Read more : dorkus malorkus | Views : 3211 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Suggestions

Statin and minocycline combo

Those lucky mice are now getting a statin and minocycline combo.

<shortened url>
Read more : Statin and minocycline combo | Views : 2122 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234622 • Total topics 25259 • Total members 16464

Contact us | Terms of Service