It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

help please!!

so as some of you may know from my previous posts, i've been suspicious of having MS for about a month or so now. Well, my opthomalogist agreed to get me an MRI (with and without contrast). The results came in today and i'm at a loss. Technically, the MRI came back clear. No lesions whatsoever. The only thing is it showed some "thickening" or "scarring" ( i forget exactly what word they used) on ...
Read more : help please!! | Views : 3315 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion


I'M GOING - PACKING MY BAGS - It's SOON!

Okay, don't mean to "yell" - but I can barely breathe.

I have my official appointments and I can't believe for how soon they are!! OMG! I'm going. It's real. I need to get my tickets and hotel set up ASAP - I'm not going to post my dates here - because I just got a bad vibe on here the other day....but if you email me and ask - I will tell you!!!!! ...
Read more : I'M GOING - PACKING MY BAGS - It's SOON! | Views : 2269 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)


Medicare covers the Revimmune (HiCy) Treatment

I found out today from the JH Coordinator in charge of getting the insurance approval that Medicare is covering my In hospital stay and the IPOP visits for the Revimmune (HiCy) treatment. Now Medicare only covers 80% of the total treatment which is standard. Make sure if you are going to use Medicare that you have a good Medigap Insurance Plan to cover the other 20%. I am using BCBS (Cplus) Medigap Insurance Plan. No ...


Triomar, aka omega-3s - Norwegian study-RESULTS?

Anyone know what's up with the study on "Triomar," which is I guess a pharmaceuticalized form of omega-3s?

It is listed as "COMPLETED" in its listing at ClinicalTrials.gov (identifier # NCT00360906), but in the study description it says

Estimated Enrollment: 100
Study Start Date: December 2004
Estimated Study Completion Date: July 2008

So, does this mean that the study was completed early (prior to estimated date of July '08), or maybe that the trial is ...
Read more : Triomar, aka omega-3s - Norwegian study-RESULTS? | Views : 3747 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Drug Pipeline


Low white blood count yet again

I've been freezing at night since i gave birth 3 month ago.
Got bloods done.

Thyroid ok, iron ok, but for about fifth time in last 8 years, I have a low white blood count.
My gp is going to retest in a few weeks.
But just wondering if any other MS'ers have had a low white blood count?
Maybe its copaxone?

Just a tiny worry emerging......lupus? I had positive ANA when I had tests ...
Read more : Low white blood count yet again | Views : 2239 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion


hi all

New here..
Just got out of hospital today after 3 days IVSM.
This is getting serious now I guess. i was much better when I was still in Denial! :lol:
Read more : hi all | Views : 1628 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions


newbie

Hello! I was introduced to this forum by artifishual just this week.

After playing lab rat for too many months, I was diagnosed with RRMS on 08/23/04. I have been on Avonex since then and, doing quite well.

My exercise and diet has changed drastically since 2004. Even the products I use to clean my house has changed. I once was a meat eating, dairy loving person who is now a full-fledged vegan. I also ...
Read more : newbie | Views : 1418 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions


No Shoes

I got a leg brace yesterday and it is massively helping me to walk in a straight line and use my foot better. The physio told me that it would fit inside my usual shoes.

Bollocks - I went to work today with 1 flipflop & 1 bare (braced) foot!

I had to go shoe shopping tonight and eventually ended up with a pair of trrainers a size bigger than my usual - I don't ...
Read more : No Shoes | Views : 2655 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Daily Life


National MS Walk

allright You wonderful people :D reach way down in your pockets and donate 8)
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/ ... fr_id=8287
Read more : National MS Walk | Views : 1522 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion


double dose

When I miss an injection, I thought of doing 2 in the next 24 hours. Has anyone done this? Also, I heard their is a trial on this concept but can not find it.
Read more : double dose | Views : 2793 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone


 

Login  •  Register


Statistics

Total posts 236296 • Total topics 25598 • Total members 16898


Contact us | Terms of Service