It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Possible move to USA

Hi everyone
After 18 years of living in lovely Canada, I just can't take the cold anymore. Now that I have MS and know that heat might bother me, I have decided to move to a warmer climate. That's not so dumb if you knew that it was always my dream to live somewhere warmer so that I could go out whenever I want to. It's getting pretty warm around here but I also want ...
Read more : Possible move to USA | Views : 2145 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

oo
Read more : Avatars | Views : 2912 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Support

ivig and pinched nerve

started my second month w/intravenousimmunoglobulin drips. has seemed to help, especially w/cognitive. have at least 2 more months of drips.

new major trouble has appeared, which is setting me way back. have been favoring right leg because of ms numbness and heaviness. developed fullblown excruciating pain in left lower back & thigh plus feeling like left leg is numb or falling asleep.. so now have pinched nerve/herniated disc which is probably back to ms acting ...
Read more : ivig and pinched nerve | Views : 3588 | Replies : 2 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Vit D and NZ

Study seeks to link MS and climate
A major New Zealand study into multiple sclerosis (MS) may confirm suspicions that South Islanders are more likely to get the disease than those from the North.
The degenerative disease, which affects an estimated 3500 New Zealanders, appears to strike more often in populations further from the equator, with Scotland reporting one of the highest rates of MS in the world.

A New Zealand study has found people ...
Read more : Vit D and NZ | Views : 1397 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Woman with MS fired for defying dress code

I felt that this article was important to share with the group...

Woman fired for defying dress code
    MS patient with walking aid can't wear dresses

Amber Shortt, The Edmonton Journal
    Published: Thursday, July 20, 2006

EDMONTON - A longtime employee of Weight Watchers has filed a complaint with the Alberta Human Rights and Citizenship Commission after she was fired for not complying with the company dress code that requires her to wear a skirt ...
Read more : Woman with MS fired for defying dress code | Views : 1877 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MS/Shistosoma: mutually exclusive

oo
Read more : MS/Shistosoma: mutually exclusive | Views : 1447 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone with any experience with Glyconutrients?

I have just joined and this is my first post! 8O

I have had MS since Christmas 2000 and only recently been really working with it. I suffered a downturn in 2003 and put it down to my crazy life, wasn't until I couldn't push myself anymore I started hearing and seeing all the obvious signs. So I gave up work 3 weeks ago and signed up ...
Read more : Anyone with any experience with Glyconutrients? | Views : 2894 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Natural Approach

Myelin Repair Foundation

I have not posted for awhile - thought everyone might be interested in the new report from the Myelin Repair Foundation.

Myelin Repair Foundation Research Progress Report – Spring 2006

Plans for the 2006-2007 Research year The Myelin Repair Foundation research team continues to make excellent progress in understanding the biological processes that result in the formation of myelin, both in early development of the central nervous system and in repair after damage by disease. ...
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 2036 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell transplant for different disease

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j588239398&w=464753

Appears to be similar to the Bone Marrow Transplantion project in Canada being overseen by Dr Freedman.

Ian
Read more : Stem cell transplant for different disease | Views : 1417 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Bush has done it again!!!

Wow...does this guy ever do anything that I agree with? Ya...nope!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193998.stm
Read more : Bush has done it again!!! | Views : 1357 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221016 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service