It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Pictures

Arron would it be possible to make it so all the members could post pics with their posts so we could be closer. I think seeing one another would bring a personal touch to this great web site. People with M.S need that personal feeling instead of that far away feeling we get when we leave the neurologists office, thx. rob
Read more : Pictures | Views : 59752 | Replies : 589 | Forum : General Discussion

Obtaining Social Security Disability

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone heres from Oregon? If not, that's fine too but I was curious to ask all of you how difficult was it to obtain social security disability benefits for yourselves? Oh, and what symptoms did you have at the time and the amount of time it took to go through the application process? Im now approaching a year and a half and still haven't had my time in front ...
Read more : Obtaining Social Security Disability | Views : 1386 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Agent Orange and it's relationship to MS

I am a Vietnam Veteran and have been diagnosed with MS over 3 years. Due to the VA's "7 year rule" I cannot get compensation for my disease. The "7 year rule" has no basis other than if you do not have a diagnosis of MS within 7 years after your discharge from the service you do not qualify for compensation. I am trying to go back and link any symtoms I had after my ...
Read more : Agent Orange and it's relationship to MS | Views : 2179 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Difference between RR and PP MS

http://jnnp.bmjjournals.com/cgi/rapidpd ... 6.094748v1

They are very good at measuring things but never seem to get to the bottom of what is causing the problem in the first place!

Ian
Read more : Difference between RR and PP MS | Views : 925 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Disability

Pyramidal tract mapping by diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging in multiple sclerosis: improving correlations with disability.

by Wilson M, Tench CR, Morgan PS, Blumhardt LD.
Division of Clinical Neurology, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham University, Nottingham, UK.

doctormartin.wilson@virgin.net

BACKGROUND: Current magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) outcome measures such as T2 lesion load correlate poorly with disability in multiple sclerosis. Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) of the brain can provide unique information regarding the ...
Read more : Disability | Views : 907 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New Diagnosis

Hello everyone,

I'm was diagnosed with MS on June 20. It's been a real shock, because although I've had problems with extreme fatigue, weakness, muscle aches, twitches, blurred vision, dizziness, and difficulty with concentration and memory, and have been worked up for everything under the sun in the last five years, (or so I thought), nobody ever mentioned MS. I went to the doctor in June with what I thought was the worst sinus headache ...
Read more : New Diagnosis | Views : 1884 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

upcoming challenge! eek!

okay, well i've slowly built up my walking over the last six months. i still find that my lower back and butt gets tingly when i walk, even for just a few minutes - particularly on paved surfaces. and i don't tend to walk for more than an hour or two at once even when i'm on a nice soft trail. these days, i can climb out of pretty deep ravines without my legs getting ...
Read more : upcoming challenge! eek! | Views : 2113 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Daily Life

Dignan's famous

Surfing on the web I came across the list that Dignan created - I think in Arabic.

You should be getting royalites Dignan.

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : Dignan's famous | Views : 1668 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

pirfenidone

Treatment for MS - Hope

For years, Sarah Moore endured slurred speech, difficulty moving and constant exhaustion after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1975.
Desperate for any way to stop the disease's progression, the former teacher was the first user of Deskar, an investigational drug developed by Dallas pharmacologist Solomon B. Margolin and tested by neurologist Dr. Jonathan E. Walker, medical director at Neuroscience Centers in Dallas.

Now Moore, who had to use a ...
Read more : pirfenidone | Views : 1177 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Cladribine

I recently received the following invite to apply to take part in a clinical trial and was wondering if anyone had either heard of it or had any views on it.

The CLARITY Study

It’s about the freedom to choose the treatment that works best for you. That’s why researchers are studying an oral form of an investigational medicine (a tablet) to determine whether it is safe and effective in treating relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.

The ...
Read more : Cladribine | Views : 1370 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220833 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service