It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:50 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Laser eye surgery

Grateful for any advice on the following.

In addition to being blessed with RR MS two years ago (age 39) I was blessed at age 15 with short-sightedness and astigmatism. This got worse in my 20's and levelled out in my 30s. In my mid 30s I got sick and tired of contact lenses and glasses and enquired about laser eye surgery. I was told by an eye surgeon who performed this procedure, that the ...
Read more : Laser eye surgery | Views : 3478 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Anti-Aging Molecule

OK, this isn't MS-specific, but it sounds very interesting.

Anti-Aging Molecule Discovered

Korean Times - A team of South Korean scientists on Sunday claimed to have created a ``cellular fountain of youth,’’ or a small molecule, which enables human cells to avoid aging and dying.

The team, headed by Prof. Kim Tae-kook at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, argued the newly-synthesized molecule, named CGK733, can even make cells younger.

The findings were ...
Read more : Anti-Aging Molecule | Views : 1248 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Research

An interview with the NMSS Head of Research.

http://skins.broadbandvideo.com/nmss/06 ... ipt_02.pdf
Read more : Research | Views : 854 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS-associated retrovirus

Another possible viral (retroviral) trigger?

Multiple sclerosis-associated retrovirus and optic neuritis.

Mult Scler. 2006 Jun;12(3):357-9.
Sotgiu S, Arru G, Soderstrom M, Mameli G, Serra C, Dolei A.
Institute of Clinical Neurology, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro 10, 07100 Sassari, Italy. stefanos@uniss.it

One prognostic factor for early multiple sclerosis (MS) patients to develop a definite MS may be the presence of the MS-associated retrovirus (MSRV) in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). ...
Read more : MS-associated retrovirus | Views : 874 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Research 2006

Nothing new - but an interesting interview with the NMSS Head of Research.

The Rituximab results should certainly be of interest for those with progressive forms of MS.

http://skins.broadbandvideo.com/nmss/06 ... ipt_01.pdf

Ian
Read more : Research 2006 | Views : 1419 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Wanna share your healthy diet recipes?

If you are into a healthy lifestyle, Beano is running a promotion right now called the Healthy Recipe Contest. Check it out @ www.beanogas.com . I am working on this promo on behalf of Beano.
Read more : Wanna share your healthy diet recipes? | Views : 1944 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

Newbie Hi

newbie here! just wanted to say hi...been lurking around for a bit and finally decided to join in. i'm looking forward in meeting you all. thanks!
Read more : Newbie Hi | Views : 1294 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Changing understanding of MS

Dear all,

I was dx just over 2 years ago. The neuro who gave me the news lacked any sort of sympathy. I remember him saying that MS "is an auto-immune disease where myelin is attacked". Two years later, and two years of spending too long on MS websites, revealed that the disease was much more complicated than this simple picture. Whilst a better understanding is good, in some ways as more is found out ...
Read more : Changing understanding of MS | Views : 931 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Balance

I've always thought that MS was a job creation scheme for researchers - this sort of research supports my view.

Ian

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14262
Read more : Balance | Views : 1105 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

TIM3

TIM3 - this is a new one on me!

I might fund my own research - the hypothesis 'MS is only found in countires where there are neurologists'. Moving to a country where there are not neurologists, before the age of 15, will protect you against being diagnosed with MS.

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14263
Read more : TIM3 | Views : 1095 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220832 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service