It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:02 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hey there, my name is Tracy

Hey there, my name is Tracy. I've been a watcher for sometime on this site. I've had diagnosed MS since '98. I've had a great doctor since '99, Dr. William Stuart. I've pinned all my hopes on the drug Tysabri, managed to get a couple doses in last year.
However my sight is worsening every week, apparently my optic nerve is flaring, causeing me to not be able to focus. I'd already given up reading ...
Read more : Hey there, my name is Tracy | Views : 1373 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Tysabri re-release

I lost my pipeline of informations regarding Tysabri, when my Dr. had by-pass surgery. I am looking ofr any information regarding its re-release. The news I got form my Dr.s RN was pretty discouraging.

Tracy Taggart
Read more : Tysabri re-release | Views : 1484 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Copaxone Site Pain

My wife has recently begun Copaxone. I am her caregiver, and give the injections. She is rebelling at receiving these, because of the bee-sting pain she feels afterwards. The RN who coached me recommended heat before and cold after. I have been told that my atitude is gentle, but am at my wit's end. Any comments are welcome...
Read more : Copaxone Site Pain | Views : 3264 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Copaxone

2006 - Good Year?

Dear all,

As you Canadians emerge from you igloos, think of me returning today from ten days in paradise - Mauritius. For the price of half a year's interferon I got - more Vit D than I could handle, a testosterone boost (girls in bikinis), lovely vegetables and fruit (Swank diet for ten days), and best of all, massages from someone trained in traditional Indian massage - US$15 for an hour). But I'll stop boasting. ...
Read more : 2006 - Good Year? | Views : 1381 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Refrigeration-free Betaseron

Not sure if this was a big concern for those of you on Betaseron, but here's some new info

Safety and tolerability of a 'refrigeration-free' formulation of interferon beta-1b--results of a double-blind, multicentre, comparative study in patients with relapsing-remitting or secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.

Baum K; Mannitol Formulation Study Group.

Hennigsdorf Hospital, Free University, Berlin, Germany. k.baum1@gmx.de

The original glucose-based formulation of Betaferon/Betaseron (interferon beta-1b) requires refrigerated storage. A refrigeration-free ...
Read more : Refrigeration-free Betaseron | Views : 3278 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

MRI Comparison - before & after LDN

I've just been to the neuro, asked to have my films from a previous MRI (taken just before I started LDN) sent to where I live now to compare them against films from a MRI I had in Jan. (after 11 months on LDN).

There were some new lesions, some of the same ones, some have shrunk, some have seemingly disappeared.

So, all in all I'm not too sure what to think. I've read that ...
Read more : MRI Comparison - before & after LDN | Views : 3711 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

no so good news

well have been on here the last couple of weeks reading everything but haven't had anything to report..just went to my neurologist this week..who first off is now sending me to a nerologist optomoligist...oh what fun to start all over with a new guy just isnt something i am excited about..but we were talk about that then he wanted to do a quick exam on me..okay no big deal..he checked my eyes and also my ...
Read more : no so good news | Views : 1531 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

In Children with Autoimmune Disease, Response Starts Early

Nick's foreword

The following information is very important for a variety of reasons.

• It reinforces the strong relationship between type 1 diabetes and MS. This studyby Winer et al in 2001 that found striking similarities between IDDM and MS. In essence, the two diseases are, in a test tube, virtually identical. It’s only their final expression of what self tissue is attacked which differs.
  • It compliments the research by Guggenmos et al by ...
Read more : In Children with Autoimmune Disease, Response Starts Early | Views : 2000 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

Beta Inteferon & PPMS

Hi Folks, looking for some guidance and help: have close family member who was diagnosed some 24-30 months ago with MS, I've recently understood it to be PPMS and have been doing some background understanding on the same; his MS Consultant has suggested trying Beta Interferon to try to slow/stop the deterioration in his mobility, which we're looking at ways of funding etc - does anyone here have any feedback on the success of BI ...
Read more : Beta Inteferon & PPMS | Views : 1376 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Antibiotics post a risk for increased lung infections?

Posted on ThisIsMS' articles page is the following: "Recent interest in antibiotics as a potential treatment for MS have brought this class of therapeutics into our sphere of interest. A new study shows that acne sufferers, a group that often uses long-term antibiotics of the tetracycline family have an elevated risk for developing upper respiratory tract infections.
More specifically, for patients using topical or internal antibiotics for longer than six weeks, the risk for an ...
Read more : Antibiotics post a risk for increased lung infections? | Views : 5243 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219376 • Total topics 22639 • Total members 14270

Contact us | Terms of Service