It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:13 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Mike's 100 Day Story

Howdy all,

I'm a few days early here but what the heck!

My MS:
I am 42 years old and my first MS attack was in October 2003 and the actual MS diagnosis came during my second attack in August 2004. The majority of my lesions are in my spinal cord so my symptoms are exclusively motor and sensory and manifest as problems with stamina in my legs, overall balance problems, sluggish left hand and ...
Read more : Mike's 100 Day Story | Views : 6202 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

President Signs the ADA Amendments Act — a Bill Reaffirming

Oct 06, 2008

President Signs the ADA Amendments Act — a Bill Reaffirming Protections for People with Disabilities

The power of the Society’s MS activist network to help move public policy legislation forward was dramatically illustrated with the recent passage and signing of the ADA Amendments Act, which brings millions of people back under the protection of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

When originally signed into law in 1990, the ADA made it clear that ...

Phase III trial details?

Does anyone have details about the phase III trials? Specifically, will the protocol contain a placebo arm?

Cyclops
Read more : Phase III trial details? | Views : 1995 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

endothelin 1 - natural inhibitors

Here's some more reasons to have quercetin and green tea:

1: Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Oct;88(4):1018-25. Links
Pure dietary flavonoids quercetin and (-)-epicatechin augment nitric oxide products and reduce endothelin-1 acutely in healthy men.Loke WM, Hodgson JM, Proudfoot JM, McKinley AJ, Puddey IB, Croft KD.
School of Medicine and Pharmacology and the School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia.

BACKGROUND: Dietary flavonoids may improve endothelial function and ...
Read more : endothelin 1 - natural inhibitors | Views : 2700 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

Step towards understanding MS's variability

How often have we wondered why the course of MS varies so much from person to person, and why we respond so differently to various treatments? This new discovery might be a step towards understanding that:
Public release date: 13-Oct-2008

amaxmen@rockefeller.edu
212-327-8393
Rockefeller University Press
Response to immune protein determines pathology of multiple sclerosis

New research ...
Read more : Step towards understanding MS's variability | Views : 1914 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Bionomics and Merck Serono

Bionomics, a small Australian company trying to develop Kv1.3 inhibitors, signed a development agreement with Merck Serono in June.

Merck Serono and Bionomics Announce Multiple Sclerosis Development and Licensing Agreement

June 19, 2008

- Bionomics and Merck Serono to collaborate to discover and develop novel, oral treatment for MS
- Collaboration based on novel compounds that allow selective inhibition of the immune cells which cause nerve cell damage in patients with MS

Geneva, Switzerland, 19 ...
Read more : Bionomics and Merck Serono | Views : 1743 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Economic meltdown effects on MS treatments?

I have no idea, but i think it naive not to think the current climate will not have any effect on MS treatments. I am thinking people will be more restrained with investing in medical treatments in the pipeline that MAY turn out big later.
Read more : Economic meltdown effects on MS treatments? | Views : 1427 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline Promising for Fragile X Syndrome - autism, MMP-9

Forgive me if this is already covered -- I did search for "autism" in the Antibiotics forum and got zero results. So, this may be very interesting news...

UCR Researchers Propose Minocycline as a Promising Drug for Patients with Fragile X Syndrome

RIVERSIDE, Calif. – A UC Riverside-led team of biomedical scientists has found that a readily available drug called minocycline, used widely to treat acne and skin infections, can be used to treat Fragile ...
Read more : Minocycline Promising for Fragile X Syndrome - autism, MMP-9 | Views : 3474 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

3 month follow-up MRI

I got the results back from my 3 month follow-up MRI.

NO NEW LESIONS!!

NO ENHANCING LESIONS!!

And the report said "SLIGHT" improvement on previous lesions!!

I don't have the report in front of me (left it in friend's car)....but it wasn't bad news.

No lesions whatsoever on cervical or thoracic spine (had had C-spine MRI once...but never T spine).

I'm quite happy - as my last MRI had 2 new lesions...

Appt with my ...
Read more : 3 month follow-up MRI | Views : 2063 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240807 • Total topics 26327 • Total members 17539

Contact us | Terms of Service