It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Biogen results

Avonex sales up and hoping to see a return of Tysabri next year. The deal with Protein Design Labs is (I think) for Dacluzimab.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j412664438&w=464753
Read more : Biogen results | Views : 962 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition

DIRECT-MS would like to offer their latest presentation, Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition. The format is a Voiced PowerPoint presentation (‘Webcast’) and the discussion is narrated by Reinhold Vieth of the departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.

Dr. Vieth addresses the topics of:
Vitamin D and Human Evolution
Clinical relevance of higher vitamin D intakes
Toxicology of Vitamin D

Cheers
Nick
Read more : Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition | Views : 1829 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition

DIRECT-MS would like to offer their latest presentation, Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition. The format is a Voiced PowerPoint presentation (‘Webcast’) and the discussion is narrated by Reinhold Vieth of the departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.

Dr. Vieth addresses the topics of:
Vitamin D and Human Evolution
Clinical relevance of higher vitamin D intakes
Toxicology of Vitamin D

Cheers
Nick
Read more : Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition | Views : 782 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN and leg twitching

I have been on LDN 4.0 mg for almost 2 weeks and am experiencing tolerable (but noticable) leg spasms at night. I had similar symptoms prior to LDN but definitely feel the spasms have increased since starting LDN. The twitching doesn't bother me at all but I'm fearful that increased spasms are suggestive of increased disease progression. Since spasms are caused by demyelination isn't it reasonable to assume that increased spasms are a result of ...
Read more : LDN and leg twitching | Views : 2079 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

DNA and the HapMap

Some good progress in decoding DNA...

New map of DNA variations should hasten discovery of disease-related genes

Canadian Press - October 26, 2005 - International researchers, including Canadians, have developed a map of the minute DNA variations that differentiate one person from another, a catalogue that will help scientists tease out the genes that underlie such diseases as diabetes, cancer and heart disease.

"It's a big turning point in the field of human genetics and ...
Read more : DNA and the HapMap | Views : 677 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri

This is my first post and I don't really have a clue what I am doing! I came across this "lead-in" article on the "news for the day", i.e., current, New England Journal website. It costs $29.95 to read the entire article and I really don't want to make the investment. Perhaps some of you know what this means:

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy, Natalizumab, and Multiple Sclerosis

To the Editor: According to the established definition of ...
Read more : Tysabri | Views : 1574 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New home for Squiffy's House of Fun - Laughter for MS

Have moved the House of Fun to it's own domain and have increased the size of the place considerably.

Have a look and see what you think, and have a laugh as well (I hope)

http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/

squiffs :P
Read more : New home for Squiffy's House of Fun - Laughter for MS | Views : 1751 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Rebiject II issues -Need tips!

Hey all,

I have been taking Rebif a few weeks now. I prefer to use the Rebiject for the normal reasons. However, I noticed something every time I inject, and the RN's always give me conflicting answers, so I am hoping to get some help from "real" people (nothing against the nurses).

I load the syringe into the housing until it clicks. When I remove the needle cap, there is not just a drop on ...
Read more : Rebiject II issues -Need tips! | Views : 4610 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216305 • Total topics 22104 • Total members 13901