It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Finished Ten Days IV Steroids, Intense PT...

Well, I'm back from my two week hospital adventure, which included ten days of Solumedrol and five days of physical and occupational therapy. I started off in a local hospital, where they started the IV, and then transfered to the Helen Hayes Rehab Hospital in Rockland County, New York.

The effect has been remarkable. I was quite skeptical that the steroids would have much effect, as their reputation with PPMS is poor, but my improvement ...
Read more : Finished Ten Days IV Steroids, Intense PT... | Views : 907 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

More than just depressed.

Psychiatric Conditions Other Than Depression Common in Multiple Sclerosis Patients: Presented at ENS

By Norra MacReady

LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND -- June 1, 2006 -- Contrary to conventional wisdom, depression is not necessarily the most common neuropyschiatric disorder observed in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), according to a poster presentation at the 16th Annual Meeting of the European Neurological Society (ENS).

It has been estimated that depression occurs in 40% of the MS patient population. The overall ...
Read more : More than just depressed. | Views : 934 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Chlamydiae

This is from the Univesity of Texas Medical Branch, part of a slightly out of date microbook, but still very interesting, explaining the differences between the different chlamydiae and with some very good diagrams and micrographs. It was written by a well regarded virologist, Yechiel Becker of the Hebrew University, Jerusalem and was written before CPn had even been considered as maybe having a link to the development of MS.......Sarah

http://gsbs.utmb.edu/microbook/ch039.htm

Pathogenesis

Spread of Agents ...
Read more : Chlamydiae | Views : 1480 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hints for Double Vision?

I'M HAVING DOUBLE VISION FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT'S LASTED 2 WEEKS SO FAR. I KNOW PATCHING HELPS FOR SHORT PERIODS OF TIME. JUST WONDERING HOW LONG OTHER'S BOUTS WITH IT HAVE LASTED...I KNOW EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT...ANY INFO ON EXERCISES FOR MY EYES TO HELP GET THE MUSCLE STRENGTH BACK QUICKER?
I THINK IT'S MY LEFT EYE...CRANIAL NERVE VI. I'M NOT DRIVING BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I CAN CLOSE ONE EYE AND SEE FINE IN FRONT ...
Read more : Hints for Double Vision? | Views : 1408 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Potential New Virus Identified in MS

Potential Animal (Zoonotic) Virus Identified in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis and Epilepsy

NEEDHAM, Mass., May 31 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Recent independent scientific research funded by the National CFIDS Foundation, Inc. (NCF) of Needham, MA provided preliminary confirmation of a new virus identified in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The Foundation's medical research dovetails with that completed to date by Cryptic Afflictions, LLC (1), a private company.

Dr. Steven J. Robbins, virologist and ...
Read more : Potential New Virus Identified in MS | Views : 5353 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

niacin

hi i searched this forum for niacin/b3 and got no results. is anyone taking niacin as an alternative to, or in combination with, prescription statins?
Read more : niacin | Views : 5355 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Statins

Higher dose Copaxone

Read more : Higher dose Copaxone | Views : 2407 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Copaxone

Better than Avonex

Don't you just love these head to head battles. Might it have something to do with Tysabri coming back onto the market? The CRABs on average reduce relapses by 30%. It's amazing how these other trials can show such dramatic improvements in efficacy. I've got to the stage where I don't believe a word of this sort of research

Teva says its MS drug works after Biogen drug fails

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. said ...
Read more : Better than Avonex | Views : 2496 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220774 • Total topics 22875 • Total members 14445

Contact us | Terms of Service