It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Difficult decisions

I've been on Rebif for 11 months now and I am done. I just can't do it anymore as the side effects are just too bad. I am missing a tonne of work, and I am beyond stressed about that on top of the constant sickness. I cry some mornings because I don't want to get out of bed. :(

I have my yearly appointment with my ...
Read more : Difficult decisions | Views : 4955 | Replies : 26 | Forum : General Discussion

about lab results

hi there, this is something i've mentioned before but i'm just putting it up on its own, mostly for newbies who might not have had as much experience with tests and so forth. i figured it out since my dx; i apologize if i'm stating the obvious to some! so here goes:

if you ever get your blood tested for anything and the result comes back as "normal", that is normal as in statistics normal, ...
Read more : about lab results | Views : 1477 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

one for lynda carol

this is all i can get of this item, but it looks interesting, maybe can spark a search for related info

Studies on the development of an insulin resistant rat model by chronic feeding of low magnesium and high sucrose

A et Biotech -

Decreased insulin sensitivity is recognized as a major metabolic feature of type-2 diabetes and is one of the earliest detectable abnormalities in persons who are prone to develop type-2 diabetes. ...
Read more : one for lynda carol | Views : 1366 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Can I get tested for MRTCs ahead of the trial?

I'm thinking about taking part in an upcoming phase-III tovaxin trial.
Do you think it is realistic to assume that the phase-III could start mid 2009?
Can I expect that Opexa will establish studiy sites in germany?

To make sure I basicly meet the inclusion criteria of MRTCs it would be great if I could get tested in the near future.
I know that this test would not be relevant for the inclusion criteria ...
Read more : Can I get tested for MRTCs ahead of the trial? | Views : 2701 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

I have been doing Copaxone injections for almost 5 years. I have dealt with lipoatrophy (which I chalked it up to the price you have to pay with this drug) stinging injections, and some hives. None of this has caused me to want to stop because I have felt I have benefitted from this drug. But I nearly went through the roof with my injection last night! Injected into my thigh (as I have done ...
Read more : Ouch! | Views : 3646 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Copaxone

Fumarate trial Phase III - anyone on it?

Hi people
saw my neuro today to discuss post-birth treatment options. Looks like I qualify only for Copaxone again, but she did mention a trial, Fumarate.
As it's placebo controlled I'm taking a gamble if I were to opt for that over Copaxone, but just wondering is anyone participating in the trial and how are you doing on it?
I've seen some posts about Biogen/psoriasis etc but not much info as yet.
If I'm honest ...
Read more : Fumarate trial Phase III - anyone on it? | Views : 1702 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Nose-to-brain administration of drugs

Found this article...although it is about Alzheimer's disease, what stood out was the concept of administering meds via the nose and how it apparently circumvents the blood-brain barrier...has anyone heard of using this approach for a MS med?

Nose to brain is a promising path in Alzheimer's fight
Regions Hospital researcher's nasal-spray discoveries get renewed attention
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 02/03/2008 11:58:49 PM CST ...
Read more : Nose-to-brain administration of drugs | Views : 4985 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

"Corner Gas"

This has no connection to MS, except that even we folks with MS need to laugh once in a while. And I did this afternoon!!!

WGN (Chicago TV channel) showed episodes of the very funny Canadian program called "Corner Gas" for about 4 hours. I had not seen it before and I loved it! I laughed and laughed; it felt good.

I recommend this program!
Read more : "Corner Gas" | Views : 1682 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

I got a Power Port

I had my 17th infusion on Friday, 2/1. It was my first since getting a power port placed (surgically) in my right chest. I must say, my infusion was able to start sooner since my infusion nurse could just access the port instead of searching for a vein in my arm or hand.

Piece of Tysabri trivia. My nurse said that the Maxine Messinger MS infusion center in Houston where I go is among the ...
Read more : I got a Power Port | Views : 2164 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hi! I am Jyn.

I found this site last night after searching for troubleshooting tips on my Rebif auto-injector (I posted my issue under the Rebif subject) and I have enjoyed reading the many posts and articles.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago when I was 29 years old. Mostly my vision has been affected: Optic Neuritis, Double Vision, Vertigo. Otherwise, this disease has definitely played havoc with my cognitive abilities. Have you heard of ...
Read more : Newbie | Views : 1970 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234631 • Total topics 25264 • Total members 16465

Contact us | Terms of Service