It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Another EBV MS link

Epstein-Barr Virus Could Boost Multiple Sclerosis Risk
04.10.06, 12:00 AM ET

MONDAY, April 10 (HealthDay News) -- Exposure to the Epstein-Barr virus, which often causes mononucleosis in young adults, may double the risk of developing multiple sclerosis (MS) 15 to 20 years later, researchers report.

In the United States, as many as 96 percent of adults between 35 and 40 years of age have been infected with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Many children become infected with ...
Read more : Another EBV MS link | Views : 889 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MCT-125

Trial drug for treatment of fatigue in MS. Don't know what their other MS drugs are or what phase they are in.

MultiCell to Present Company's Portfolio of Novel Drug Candidates at BIO 2006 Conference; Company President Dr. Stephen Chang to Discuss Novel Therapeutic Candidates Targeting Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes and Other Medical Needs

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 10, 2006 - MultiCell Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:MCET), developer of therapeutics for the treatment of degenerative neurological diseases, metabolic and ...
Read more : MCT-125 | Views : 1222 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

NeuroVax

News about NeuroVax at the AAN. Sounds promising but I didn't read anything about disability progression.

The Immune Response Corporation's NeuroVax Restores FOXP3+ T-Cell Levels Believed to Help in Multiple Sclerosis
Oral Presentation at American Academy of Neurology

CARLSBAD, C.A. -- April 10, 2006 -- The Immune Response Corporation (OTCBB:IMNR.OB) announced that its T-cell receptor peptide vaccine candidate, NeuroVax™, induces increased FOXP3 expression resulting in re-establishment of normal levels of the FOXP3+ regulatory T-cells believed ...
Read more : NeuroVax | Views : 1685 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

new Ask the Expert tool

Thought some of you might be interested if this has not already been posted.This link works the one further down the page does not

http://www.msanswers.ca/?L=2

Dear JOHN,

Learning for Life is a new, client-focused educational series, developed to find new ways to reach the MS community – especially those living with MS in remote areas of Canada.

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is thrilled to announce the launch ...
Read more : new Ask the Expert tool | Views : 970 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

black patent shoes - dancing with ms

by eva marsh. basically spans 1963-1994. an encouraging read. focusses on determined physio/visualization for remyelination.

good to be able to relate. one of her attacks was just like this first one of mine.

particularly killer for me because of the connections - same locations in ontario, same hospital, same lots of things. i kept having this book recommended to me by people who know the author. my brother showed up with a copy on friday, ...
Read more : black patent shoes - dancing with ms | Views : 2437 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Hello everyone

Hi

Just wanted to introduce myself - I just joined today.

My name is Denise, I live in Glasgow, Scotland, married with two gorgeous sons (age 7 and 3) and was dx in October 05 (first problems in October 04). Due to start Avonex in a week or so and thought I'd have a look round here as I think peoples experiences are better than any health leaflets available personally.

Look forward to talking to ...
Read more : Hello everyone | Views : 1536 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Considering ABX

Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with MS (2 months ago) with the usual litany of symptoms: disturbed gait, muscle stiffness, some loss of sensation, fatigue, heat sensitivity. My symptoms have improved in this time, although I still am unable to run and find myself getting tired very easily. I find it hard to walk for more than a kilometre or so, and walk "like a robot". Compared to many my symptoms are mild, but ...
Read more : Considering ABX | Views : 2111 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

ABX data

See this link... May be relevant to those who are looking in to CPn and ABX..

<shortened url>
Read more : ABX data | Views : 1780 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

FREE Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo group!

There is a great group of people with over 400 members, all with MS.

Great polls, the best links, symptoms database which lists member symptoms.

For people with MS only. If you have not joined already here is the link:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mu ... osispolls/
Read more : FREE Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo group! | Views : 932 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

avonex + intrathecal Methotrexate

Is anyone else getting intracath Methotrexate? I am going for my second infusion of this med next week. I have not noticed any beneficial effects yet. Is anyone else getting an immunosuppressant injected directly into their spine? I could not find any research supporting my neurologist’s STRONG recommendation to be on this med.
Read more : avonex + intrathecal Methotrexate | Views : 3384 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219652 • Total topics 22679 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service