It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

12 tesla MRI

I guess this will help with MS research.

OHSU Joins The NIH In Obtaining A "two-of-a-kind" MRI Magnet

27 Apr 2006 - As OHSU's new Advanced Imaging Research Center (AIRC) continues its expansion, the major component of the final, and most unique instrument for the world-class facility has arrived. On Saturday, April 22, the AIRC took delivery of a 12Tesla (T) magnet, the centerpiece of a rare and cutting-edge MRI system.

"This state-of-the-art 12T system ...
Read more : 12 tesla MRI | Views : 2852 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Chiropractic medicine

Not looking for a MS cure...but I have a lot of muscle tension and pain in my back and hips...numbness/tingling in my hands...any experience with chiropractic adjustment?

Wendy
Read more : Chiropractic medicine | Views : 1367 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Is MRI really effective in diagnosing MS?

Very interesting information. See link. I would consider this to be very important.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/MultipleSclerosis/tb/2929
Read more : Is MRI really effective in diagnosing MS? | Views : 1408 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Aimspro available in the UK

This article was on the MSRC site but it looks like advertising - so please delete Arron if it breaches any rules.

The area where I live in London is where a GP was giving out Aimspro on an informed consent basis. My MS nurse told me that a couple of her patients had used it and she had seen no positive effect on them.

The price seems high for a drug that has not ...
Read more : Aimspro available in the UK | Views : 5719 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Aimspro

Neurons

Given that the Swedes gave us MS (according to some researchers who have tracked the spread), it's good to see that they are doing something to rectify the situation:

Neurons In CNS Can Regulate Immune System And Suppress Inflammatory Conditions Of CNS

The neurons in the central nervous system (CNS) are reported to have a previously unknown ability to regulate the immune system and suppress inflammatory conditions of the CNS.

This was published by ...
Read more : Neurons | Views : 861 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

History of EBV and MS

The association between Epstein-Barr Virus and MS has been studied for a long time and continues to be a topic of significant interest. I was curious to see just how long this has been going on. References to EBV and MS in Pubmed start in the mid-1970s.

Anyhow, just for fun (ok, maybe not fun...) here are a few examples of Pubmed article abstracts that are all AT LEAST 20 years old:

Arch Neurol. 1980 ...
Read more : History of EBV and MS | Views : 2011 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

SAVE THE INTERNET

To all:
Contact your rep today as bill may go through today or tomorrow giving the internet over to CEO's of big business whom can decide what and how much to charge users to see information, instead of people like us whom want to share information FREELY and without PARTIALITY!

http://action.freepress.net/campaign/savethenet/

P.S.---Just to let you know, my story of reversing MS, the website info and my membership has ...
Read more : SAVE THE INTERNET | Views : 1029 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

My up-date

Hi all,
There is quite some time that I don't show up. I started the antibiotics treatment in May of '05 (doxycycline 200mg and
roxithromycin 300mg per day) and since August of'05 flagyl with the help of my GP . Until now I have done 10 flagyl pulses.

I did not react much to the two first antibiotics. But when I add the flagyl
pulses and felt very tired, sleepy, with stomach pain and with ...
Read more : My up-date | Views : 4603 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Antibiotics

CD83

Well, at least there are a lot of early-stage treatments getting mentioned in the press right now -- it's better than nothing...

Argos Therapeutics, Beckman Coulter Sign License Agreement; CD83 Licensure to Advance Work on Autoimmune Disorders, Transplant Rejection Therapy

BUSINESS WIRE - April 26, 2006 - Argos Therapeutics, a company pioneering new approaches in immunotherapy, announced today that it has entered into an agreement with California-based Beckman Coulter granting Argos exclusive therapeutic use rights ...
Read more : CD83 | Views : 1139 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hyperbaric oxygen

Has anyone here tried Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (breathing oxygen in a high pressure chamber)?

Does anyone know of any research into its efficacy?

I just started a course of treatment (1 dx for 3 weeks). The centre I'm going to makes no great claims, only that about 1 in 3 see an improvement in symptoms specifically improved bladder function (frequency and urgency) and improve fatigue levels. Since my current routine is to start yawning at ...
Read more : Hyperbaric oxygen | Views : 3434 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220074 • Total topics 22753 • Total members 14362

Contact us | Terms of Service