It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

abx

Here we go , I started doxy on Sat. working up to 200 mgs by yesterday as pharmacy wanted me to work up slowly due to questionable allergy problems to tetracycline as a child.

So far so good, I felt like I was coming down with cold first day and it went away.

I meet with my doctor next week to discuss addition of zithromax, I wrote her a 3 page letter explaining I need ...
Read more : abx | Views : 14239 | Replies : 59 | Forum : Regimens

Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Charlotte, but you can call me Char. I live in a North Central Tx.. 51, divorced, 2 children, 4 grand children. Whom keep me very busy! They are a blast. I am looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

I was Dx'd 08-2001 however, its thought that I've had MS much longer, my Neuro. and PC. Dr's say that I have Lupus as well . Rhumy Doc., says No, you have RA. ...
Read more : Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself. | Views : 1726 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Higher dose of Copaxone in clinical trials

I guess it's good news, just not as exciting as a treatment that might actually be a breakthrough. I'm not complaining though...and now there's something new to add to the phase III section of the list.

Teva Announces That Higher Dose of Copaxone Showed Increased Efficacy in Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

BUSINESS WIRE - April 5, 2006 - A new, higher dose of Copaxone (glatiramer acetate injection) showed promising results in the treatment of patients with ...
Read more : Higher dose of Copaxone in clinical trials | Views : 1284 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Avonex plus Doxycycline trial preliminary results

An abstract from the AAN meeting about the combination trial of doxycycline and Avonex. The preliminary, small sample results look promising.

Combination Therapy with Intramuscular Interferon Beta-1a and Oral Doxycycline in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis: An Open-Label Trial

Alireza Minagar, J. Steven Alexander, Rhonda Brooks, Roger E. Kelley, Robert N. Schwendimann, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Dana Merrill Bryan, Shreveport, LA

OBJECTIVE: To determine the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of doxycycline combined with intramuscular (IM) interferon beta-1a (IFNb-1a) ...
Read more : Avonex plus Doxycycline trial preliminary results | Views : 4784 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Interesting use of technology from the AAN Meeting

This abstract talks about using chip arrays to look at CSF. It seems that technology like this should enable a more thorough analysis of what's really going on at a protein-level...I think...

Identification of CSF Proteome Modifications in Multiple Sclerosis Using a Protein Chip Array Technology

Arnaud Lacour, Lille, Nord, France, Didier Lefranc, Jerome De Seze, Brigitte Onraed, Sylvain Dubucquoi, Gilbert Briand, Lionel Prin, Patrick Vermersch, Lille, France

OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study ...
Read more : Interesting use of technology from the AAN Meeting | Views : 937 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell treatment in Holland

Read more : Stem cell treatment in Holland | Views : 1390 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Testosterone

Dear all,

I am off to Mauritius on Wednesday so will not be logging on again until after Easter (admit it you're all jealous).

The research is coming in thick and fast so I'll be interested to see what else has arrived when I return.

But here's one for my best friend Sharon - she's big on hormones and it looks like she's be barking up the right tree. As usual a small trial, but ...
Read more : Testosterone | Views : 1286 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Sixteen-Year Follow-up Study

First Avonex, then Rebif now Betaseron... next we need some "new" info on Copaxone.

Sixteen-Year Follow-up Study Reinforces Betaseron(R) Long-Term Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability in Multiple Sclerosis
Efficacy in relapse rate reduction beyond five years shown for the first time

Berlex announced today that Betaseron® (interferon beta 1b) remained consistently safe, effective and well tolerated over the long term, according to results of the Betaseron 16-Year Long-Term Follow-up (16-Year LTF) Study presented at the 58th ...
Read more : Sixteen-Year Follow-up Study | Views : 4525 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Betaseron

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219533 • Total topics 22662 • Total members 14279

Contact us | Terms of Service