It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:52 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing.

Call for tests to avoid misdiagnosis of MS
(Filed: 31/07/2006)

Two decades after a British doctor discovered a syndrome that can easily be mistaken for multiple sclerosis, he warns today that hundreds of people may still be wrongly diagnosed because simple tests are not offered as a matter of routine.

The rheumatologist Dr Graham Hughes reported in the British Medical Journal in 1983 that he had identified the syndrome - now called Hughes Syndrome - ...
Read more : MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing. | Views : 4727 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

seeking feedback on iv steroids

Hi, i've been a member of this website for some time but have never before posted a message. I'm a 43yr old male diagnosed with MS five years ago with one attack at the beginning. I haven't experienced any other major attacks but in the last 2 years my legs have become increasingly stiff and my mobility more limited even though my MRIs have shown no new lesions. My new neuro has asked me to ...
Read more : seeking feedback on iv steroids | Views : 1727 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell transplant for PPMS

Seems encouraging but of course nothing concrete yet...

Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for progressive multiple sclerosis: report of efficacy and safety at three yr of follow up in 21 patients.

Ni XS, Ouyang J, Zhu WH, Wang C, Chen B.

Department of Neurology, Shanghai First People's Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China.

To observe the efficacy and toxicity of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in progressive multiple sclerosis (PMS). Twenty-one patients with ...
Read more : Stem cell transplant for PPMS | Views : 1541 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Question about possible tremors

I'm a fairly new diagnosis and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not sure if it would be considered a tremor. Best way to describe it---sort of like a grand version of what most people consider a "chill". It tends to happen mostly when I am sitting and leaning my head or neck back. I feel a slow sinking feeling, kind of like an elevator or slow roller coaster. It builds in intensity ...
Read more : Question about possible tremors | Views : 2615 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

S1P1

Dignan,

Couldn't see this one on your list - similar mode of action as FTY720

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j597776484&w=464753
Read more : S1P1 | Views : 1217 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Another new Diagnosis and introduction

Hi everyone,
Add me to the list of new MS folks. Been lurking for a while and wanted to introduce myself and especially thank the moderators for this wonderful site.
I got the official diagnosis one month ago(day before my birthday...some present,huh?) Like most, my story is long and frustrating so I will try to be brief. I am a professional pianist and director of music for a school system. Have always had problems with ...
Read more : Another new Diagnosis and introduction | Views : 1643 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Value of CRABs

The UK health system is very different from the US - all services (operations etc) are free. No insurance claims etc.

When the CRAB drugs were introduced their cost-effectiveness was questioned. The National Health Service buys all the drugs before distributing them to patients and set up a risk sharing scheme with the CRAB companies. The effectiveness of the CRAB drugs are being monitored and if after ten years are shown not be effective (or ...
Read more : Value of CRABs | Views : 4461 | Replies : 31 | Forum : General Discussion

T Cell vs B Cell Thearpies

My husband has tried all the ABC drugs, Lipitor, ABX protocol, high dose chemo, and steriods iv with no positive change-we are doubtful about any treatment at this point. Docs want him on Tysabri, but we live in rural Alaska and will not have access to Tysabri until the hospital is certified.

His MS doc in Seattle sent a link to a discussion about T cell vs B cell thearpies that I thought this group ...
Read more : T Cell vs B Cell Thearpies | Views : 1475 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222474 • Total topics 23109 • Total members 14628

Contact us | Terms of Service