It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:47 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi! I am Jyn.

I found this site last night after searching for troubleshooting tips on my Rebif auto-injector (I posted my issue under the Rebif subject) and I have enjoyed reading the many posts and articles.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago when I was 29 years old. Mostly my vision has been affected: Optic Neuritis, Double Vision, Vertigo. Otherwise, this disease has definitely played havoc with my cognitive abilities. Have you heard of ...
Read more : Newbie | Views : 1970 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Problems with Auto-Injector

I have been on Rebif for 2 weeks. Everything has worked fine until last night.

I loaded the syringe into the auto-injector, and as I pulled the cap remover off, the entire syringe went flying across the room (fortunately no one was hurt). OK, just one syringe wasted.

I decided to try a second time, thinking maybe it was user error. The same thing happened again. OK, now I'm pissed, I just wasted two.

I ...
Read more : Problems with Auto-Injector | Views : 3387 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Disability and T2 lesions: 20-year follow-up in RRMS ... stractPlus

Clinically isolated syndromes (CIS), such as optic neuritis, brainstem or spinal cord syndromes are frequently the first clinical presentations of multiple sclerosis. However, not all CIS patients develop multiple sclerosis and in those who do, disability is highly variable. In previous follow-up studies, brain lesions on T(2)-weighted MRI are associated with increased risk of multiple sclerosis and to an extent disability. We evaluated the longitudinal ...
Read more : Disability and T2 lesions: 20-year follow-up in RRMS | Views : 1539 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone marrows stem cells convert to oligodendrocytes
The group harvested stem cells from the bone marrow of mice and humans, then inserted them into the brains of mice with a disease that closely resembles MS in humans. They found that the stem cells changed into several different kinds of cells: most importantly, many converted into cells called oligodendrocytes,which manufacture 'white matter'.
But the experiments suggest only areas of fresh damage might be treatable. In the mice tested, the loss of myelin appeared ...
Read more : Bone marrows stem cells convert to oligodendrocytes | Views : 1679 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hi, I'm Breeze

Hi - I hope I am doing this correctly..My name is Breeze and I just located this website. I am an RN on retirement disability thanks to "You Know What". I am married, have three grown sons who are off into the world. I am on Betaseron d/t experiencing site reactions from Rebif after a few years. So far, so good. Well, I'm off to see if this works. GWG
Read more : Hi, I'm Breeze | Views : 1750 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

LDN newbie

Hi Managed to get a prescription from my Doctor for LDN and will hopefully start sometime next week. Iam starting on 3mg liquid format.

Thought this was going to be mission impossible to obtain but fingers crossed no problems so far.
First I asked my Neuro about LDN and he stated that there is no evidence or findings of its treatment and also mentioned that it is only available in 50mg tablets, but had no ...
Read more : LDN newbie | Views : 3634 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Molecular Mimicry-thanks, NHE

Thanks for the explanation, NHE.

In my year of studying, I had not read such a clear description of this process. It must be frustrating for the elders on ThisisMS to have to continually answer newbie questions. I appreciate your time and patience and repetition.

The real irony in all of this is that my husband is actually OK with his diagnosis, and is dealing with it. He's ...
Read more : Molecular Mimicry-thanks, NHE | Views : 1695 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MN 166

This should cheer you up. ... 1&w=464753

Read more : MN 166 | Views : 1780 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I know there are various products on the market now using glucosamine as a supplement. My question is, what effects does glucosamine have and is it beneficial?
Read more : Glucosamine? | Views : 1675 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234635 • Total topics 25265 • Total members 16465

Contact us | Terms of Service