It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Serono fined!

Serono, the makers of Rebif, have just run into a little bit of trouble with the law in this country. I certainly hope they didn't apply this practice towards Rebif as well!

Harry

Drugmaker to pay $704M for fraud

WASHINGTON -- The Swiss manufacturer of the AIDS treatment drug Serostim agreed Monday to pay $704 million and plead guilty to scheming to boost sagging sales by, among other things, offering kickbacks to doctors to ...
Read more : Serono fined! | Views : 2922 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Interferon Beta 1a

Okay, I have a stupid question...

If Avonex and Rebif are the same drug (interferon beta 1a) and the difference is the way it is injected (IM vs. SC), then why couldn't someone buy a months supply of Rebif (which is approximately the same price as Avonex) and simply inject 2/3 of the 44mcg dose IM? For the same price (appoximately) you would have 3 months worth of drugs?

Just a silly thought...

Thanks,
Aaron
Read more : Interferon Beta 1a | Views : 2873 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

S. Korea Lab Aims to Be Global Supplier of Stem Cells

S. Korea Lab Aims to Be Global Supplier of Stem Cells (Update2)
Oct. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Researchers in South Korea said they will make the human embryonic stem-cell advances that caused a stir in recent months available to laboratories in the U.S. and elsewhere.

A new center called the World Stem Cell Hub under the direction of Hwang Woo Suk at the Seoul National University Hospital will create and store human embryonic stem cells for ...
Read more : S. Korea Lab Aims to Be Global Supplier of Stem Cells | Views : 1119 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Nice story

A nice MS story - for a change

<shortened url>
Read more : Nice story | Views : 996 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

How squid will cure MS

OK, maybe not CURE MS, but deciphering their genome might help a bit...

Scientists get on squid's nerves

18 Oct 2005 - The next time you bite into a tasty order of fried calamari, consider this: scientists are interested in the calamari squid not for dinner, but for all it is teaching them about nerve cells and the neurological conditions that result when nerve cells malfunction.

That's why scientists at the Marine Biology Lab (MBL) ...
Read more : How squid will cure MS | Views : 857 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Progesterone Cream and Remission

I have done a little reasearch about Natural Progesterone and the idea that if your pregnant and your body produces more progesterone and your MS goes into remission; why can't you use the natural plant derivative of soybeans or mexican wild yam root to put your self into remission?
Has anyone gotten any good reasearch on this subject?
I understand the carcenogenic effect on synthic progesterone and the drug companies don't want you to know ...
Read more : Progesterone Cream and Remission | Views : 1864 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Bee stings

Bees stings for MS don't work

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... d_cro.html

Bromley

PS I've heard that bite of the King Cobra stops MS in its tracks.
Read more : Bee stings | Views : 1131 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

magnitization transfer histograms

I haven't a clue what this research actually found, but I'm glad to see that it kept ten reseachers employed (which is the whole point of MS).

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... histo.html

Bromley
Read more : magnitization transfer histograms | Views : 707 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone marrow transplantation

I wish I was a mouse - the researchers have managed to cure EAE in mice using bone marrow transplantation. Think of all the savings the mice in the world could make by not wasting all their money on the CRAB drugs now there is a cure.

However, given that EAE is a piss poor imitation of MS, I don't think these researchers will be finding anything for our condition.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ...
Read more : Bone marrow transplantation | Views : 764 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Worst nightmare

I could cope with a limp, fuzziness in the fingers, a need to visit the toilet in a hurry, but the nightmare scenario for me is anything which affects my cognitive functioning. This research article, like many others, notes the loss of grey matter in addition to white matter (myelin).

As usual observations rather than explanations.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... r_pro.html

Bromley

Does this research call into question the notion that ...
Read more : Worst nightmare | Views : 827 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216330 • Total topics 22108 • Total members 13902