It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:20 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Stem cell treatment in Holland

Read more : Stem cell treatment in Holland | Views : 1392 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Testosterone

Dear all,

I am off to Mauritius on Wednesday so will not be logging on again until after Easter (admit it you're all jealous).

The research is coming in thick and fast so I'll be interested to see what else has arrived when I return.

But here's one for my best friend Sharon - she's big on hormones and it looks like she's be barking up the right tree. As usual a small trial, but ...
Read more : Testosterone | Views : 1289 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Sixteen-Year Follow-up Study

First Avonex, then Rebif now Betaseron... next we need some "new" info on Copaxone.

Sixteen-Year Follow-up Study Reinforces Betaseron(R) Long-Term Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability in Multiple Sclerosis
Efficacy in relapse rate reduction beyond five years shown for the first time

Berlex announced today that Betaseron® (interferon beta 1b) remained consistently safe, effective and well tolerated over the long term, according to results of the Betaseron 16-Year Long-Term Follow-up (16-Year LTF) Study presented at the 58th ...
Read more : Sixteen-Year Follow-up Study | Views : 4534 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Betaseron

BHT-3009 Meeting/Info Results

There's some great info about the drug below.

Bayhill Therapeutics, Inc. Research on Multiple Sclerosis Chosen as One of the Meeting's Scientific Program Highlights at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
4/4/2006 8:41:00 AM EST

Bayhill Therapeutics will make two presentations today at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology in San Diego in connection with development of the company's lead drug candidate, BHT-3009, for the treatment of ...
Read more : BHT-3009 Meeting/Info Results | Views : 1274 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Better Rebif

A new and improved Rebif. Can't really see if it actually does anything better for the disease.

It's funny that as new therapies are on the horizon that Biogen published info yesterday that Avonex after first CIS substantially delayed dx of MS and now Serono has come up with a better Rebif.

The only interesting part of the article was "Serono also is taking a leading role in developing an understanding of the role of ...
Read more : Better Rebif | Views : 1416 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Bladder

Not an MS stem cell story but big news today about the use of stem cells to create a bladder. It's good to know that lots of work is going on behind the scens which should, one day, hopefully be of use with this disease (to repair nerve fibres, or myelin. Or to grow another CNS).

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4871540.stm
Read more : Bladder | Views : 1310 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Avonex and CIS

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j501092293&w=464753

Perhaps if you started Avonex before the first CIS you might never get MS at all!

I imagine that Biogen must know that the FDA are going to restrict Tysabri to certain groups. So in future, once someone has a CIS they start on Avonex for five years, then when they develop MS proper they move to Tysabri, then once SP they can swap to Daclizumab or Rituximab. ...
Read more : Avonex and CIS | Views : 2976 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

EBV

I was in contact today with one of my neuros who is holding an EBV / MS think-tank in May. He said that a lot of research in this area had been undertaken by a Dr Sven haahr (Danish). I did a search on Dr haahr and the first article on the list was:

<shortened url>

I think the phrase is what goes around comes around!

Ian
Read more : EBV | Views : 1300 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219673 • Total topics 22681 • Total members 14297

Contact us | Terms of Service