It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Bone Marrow Transplantation

The following appeared on the Canada MS Society 'Ask an Expert' section. The answer was given by Dr Mark Freedman who is oversseing the project. It's good to see that those who have been througt it have not seen a recurrence of their MS and some have seen improvements.

Ian

Q :

A few months ago I saw a program on W-5 about MS patients who were undergoing bone marrow transplantation. Can you tell me ...
Read more : Bone Marrow Transplantation | Views : 1171 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem cell therapeutics

Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp. ("SCT") is pleased to announce that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has granted U.S. Patent 7,048,934 to the company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Stem Cell Therapeutics Inc. The patent, entitled "Combined Regulation of Neural Cell Production", protects novel methods of treating patients suffering from a variety of central nervous system (CNS) disorders including stroke, brain injury, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, Huntington's disease, and others.

The combined regulation method of neural cell production ...
Read more : Stem cell therapeutics | Views : 1117 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

joint pain - offer any ideas?

I promise. Someday I will stop asking just questions about MY OWN problems and actually contribute productively to these forums. But I am still awaiting an appointment with the UCSF MS clinic and I'm just hanging out feeling worried.

The scenario: I've been on ABX, during the last Flagyl pulse I had "yelping" pains in some joints (wrists, knees, neck) which stopped as suddenly as they came. Now they've come back, without Flagyl, at a ...
Read more : joint pain - offer any ideas? | Views : 1486 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

"Stem Cell Swindle"

The BBC has broadcast an expose of Biomark now trading in Europe as ACT (Zurich), well worth a listen.

Award-winning medical journalist Matthew Hill investigates the people and the companies offering stem cell treatment. He looks at case studies that provide disturbing results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/noscript.shtml?/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/stemcellswindle

To listen you will need to have a programme called RealPlayer installed
on your computer. Download it from our the BBC help page -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/audiohelp.shtml
Read more : "Stem Cell Swindle" | Views : 1393 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Ask the expert

The Canadian MS Society website has added a useful ask the expert section.

Ian

http://www.msanswers.ca/?L=2
Read more : Ask the expert | Views : 1127 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Fatigue?

Hi

I posted previously about weird side effects with Avonex.

Now, my GP seems to think I may have labrythinitis and a viral infection (both not treatable) - all based on what I told her, no actual exmainastion! Apparently I just have to wait it out and let it run its course.

Anyway, I decided to keep on with the injections.

Went to see the physio during the week as I felt was though my ...
Read more : Fatigue? | Views : 4493 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

LDN Study results on Crohn's published

A big accomplishment for the LDN community-- with hopes that a similar, more strenuous, trial is conducted for MS'ers.

Crohn's Trial for Low Dose Naltrexone
Read more : LDN Study results on Crohn's published | Views : 2078 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Happy birthday

I'm not on Avonex, but it's good to see that Biogen are celebrating its tenth anniversary.

Ian

AVONEX(R), the Most Prescribed Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Worldwide, Celebrates 10th Anniversary

May 19th - Biogen Idec today marks the 10th anniversary of AVONEX(R) (Interferon beta-1a), the most prescribed multiple sclerosis (MS) therapy worldwide, as the company's CEO James Mullen, rings the NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell. AVONEX, manufactured by Biogen Idec, was approved for relapsing forms of ...
Read more : Happy birthday | Views : 2175 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

Allon drugs

Scientific Paper Confirms Mechanism of Allon's Drugs

Allon Therapeutics Inc., The Neuro Protection Company(TM), today announced that results of a preclinical study published in the Journal of Molecular Neuroscience demonstrate that the cellular mechanism that gives neuroprotective properties to its clinical-stage products also occurs in the Company's pipeline of preclinical-stage product candidates.
Dr. Illana Gozes, Chief Scientific Officer of Allon and the corresponding author for the study, said the neuroprotective activity of the Company's ...
Read more : Allon drugs | Views : 1182 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

WHO clinical trials database

uuuuuhhhhh...is it just me or is this WHO clinical trials database about 30 years overdue?!

Pharma firms told to end secrecy in drug trials

The World Health Organization (WHO) has rebuffed requests from the pharmaceutical industry to tone down its plans for openness in drug testing.

Industry groups had asked for critical details about clinical trials to be omitted from a new WHO database, which will bring together information on trials from around the world ...
Read more : WHO clinical trials database | Views : 1203 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220774 • Total topics 22875 • Total members 14445

Contact us | Terms of Service