It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Bursting the elementary bodies

David has done a lot of work to his web site, which is worth a look http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html
This page is especially worth a look:

Easing mitochondrial stress in chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infections: the use of dietary supplements

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/supplement_rationale.html

and especially this:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/NAC.html

Bursting the elementary bodies

The protein coat which surrounds and protects the chlamydial elementary body relies on disulphide bonds within and between macromolecules to maintain its conformity. Reduction of these bonds disrupts the ...
Read more : Bursting the elementary bodies | Views : 1595 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Antibiotics

Surprising Brain Effects From Pot-Like Drug

The neuroprotective aspects of cannabinoids seem to be supported by an ever-increasing pile of evidence...

Surprising Brain Effects From Pot-Like Drug

WebMD Medical News - October 13, 2005 - A drug modeled on marijuana's active ingredient increased brain cells and appeared to cut anxious, depressed behavior in rats, researchers report.

The drug is called HU210. It's a synthetic drug that is chemically similar to pot's active ingredient and activates cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

But ...
Read more : Surprising Brain Effects From Pot-Like Drug | Views : 1045 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

New booklet from DIRECT-MS

DIRECT-MS has recently added a new booklet to our home page entitled The Alberta Disadvantage. This brochure demonstrates that the province of Alberta, Canada, the home of DIRECT-MS, has by far the highest rates of MS in the world: Prevalence 340/1000,000 ; Incidence 20/100,000.

Data and arguments are provided to support the argument that the main reason for the “MS Epidemic” is that all the main causal factors are present in Alberta, with low vitamin ...
Read more : New booklet from DIRECT-MS | Views : 1196 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Ok, here goes...

Hi. My name is Ronnie, and I have had MS since 1990 (optic neuritis), although I didn't get a real diagnosis until 1994.

I have a daughter who will turn 13 in December. I am 45 going on 46, and I feel like I am 45 going on 46. I teach computer graphics part time at San Antonio College. My husband teaches full time at the same college. He teaches three-dimensional computer animation, using the ...
Read more : Ok, here goes... | Views : 1588 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Where Did MS Come From?

Where Did MS Come From?

By Ashton Embry

As part of my MS literature research I have tried to answer big questions such as “what causes MS?” and “where did MS come from?”. It has always seemed to me that answers to such questions would be very helpful for developing effective therapies for both the prevention and treatment of MS. In this column I will summarize my answers to these important, yet rarely addressed, ...
Read more : Where Did MS Come From? | Views : 2929 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Location and MS Risk in Canada

A study in Canada which shows MS risks based on province, with a speculative link to mercury (from coal-fired electrical generating plants).

The link.
<shortened url>

Dunmann.
Read more : Location and MS Risk in Canada | Views : 1518 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

ABX, W/ Rebif

Does anyone have any one have any casual recommendations as to what ABX to take, how much to take, and the frequency? I noticed that the trials running now only involve mino, or doxy, but I noticed several of you all posting that you are taking both? or other combo's? Why, what is the mode of action? As long as you are receiving the MMP's, isn't that what matters? Paratek is developing a non-antibiotic tetracycline, ...
Read more : ABX, W/ Rebif | Views : 1484 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Article on ms

The following article appeared in the Times (UK newspaper) last weekend.

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/recentst ... jsp?id=704

PS I haven't gone to sleep on identifying MS research articles. There's just nothing to report at the moment. I suspect that the recent ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS conference sucked in most research undertaken in the last year. The researchers will also be holding back some papers to justify a trip to the Australian MS Society ...
Read more : Article on ms | Views : 1170 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

heart today CNS tomorrow?

Trials starting on stem cells to repair heart tissue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4326698.stm
Read more : heart today CNS tomorrow? | Views : 1212 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

My regimen(s)

Hi all,

Realised I havnt had a single place just to let others know what I am taking, and how it is working for (on) me. You would quite literally have to look in a number of the forums to get the complete picture. I am hedging my bets.

First a quick overview of the past (rough dates).
1996 diagnosed with a peripheral neuropathy (autoimmune)
Used short Prednisone pulses of 75mg/day tapering down over a ...
Read more : My regimen(s) | Views : 36264 | Replies : 176 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216306 • Total topics 22104 • Total members 13901