It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:39 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Stem cell transplant for different disease

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j588239398&w=464753

Appears to be similar to the Bone Marrow Transplantion project in Canada being overseen by Dr Freedman.

Ian
Read more : Stem cell transplant for different disease | Views : 1431 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Bush has done it again!!!

Wow...does this guy ever do anything that I agree with? Ya...nope!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193998.stm
Read more : Bush has done it again!!! | Views : 1370 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Reflexes

Hi guys,

Has anyone here ever had ABSENT reflexes in some areas because I have some areas of absent, diminished and others pathologically brisk.

This still leaves the possible ms scenario in question as I thought with ms brisk reflexes was the norm.

Any advice,

Thanks,

Jane.
Read more : Reflexes | Views : 1453 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS life conference

Dear all,

The UK MS Society held a conference in April - I posted some of the presentations (powerpoint). Some of the speakers did not have electronic presentations (or did not provide them to the UK MS Society). Two of the key presenters were Professor Compston and Professor Neil Scolding. Someone who attended the conference took notes of the presentations which are both very interesting and I thought worth sharing. Prof Scolding is one of ...
Read more : MS life conference | Views : 1353 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Have you got this?

Gary is affected by a skin condition mostly around the back of his ears and in his beard and mustache. It is like the skin sheds in flakes and builds up. It is a lot like psorisas, but not quite. It flares up in the winter and when his MS seems more active. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this.
Read more : Have you got this? | Views : 1691 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Combo treatment

Dear all,

Saw this and couldn't resist posting despite saying I'd take a 3 month break.

There is one school of thought that if you treat the early stages of this disease aggressively that you might prevent / significantly delay the progressve stage of the disease. Campath is currently in trial to test this theory and another approach is showing some success. Dr Mike Boggild is a very well respected neuro with a specific interest ...
Read more : Combo treatment | Views : 9258 | Replies : 85 | Forum : General Discussion

Diagnosis "possible ms"????

Hello there everybody,

Just thought I would come in and say hi and tell you a bit about myself. I have been having problems for a few years now. Started with severe fatigue, tingling in toes, numb hand, swallowing issues.

I then had an attack of vertigo and an ongoing feeling of unsteadiness which lasted for months. Failed neuro exam pathologically brisk reflexes, positive rhombergs, etc. Mri came back clear and neuro said must be ...
Read more : Diagnosis "possible ms"???? | Views : 2166 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

I am the Netherlands Daughter

I am coming here to share my story with you so that you may benefit from what I am doing also. I "accidentaly" found out about this treatment that I am doing now - and PRAISE GOD THAT I FOUND IT!!! I had my first MS symptoms in 1999. I then experienced what I know now were relapse of my MS for the following 5 years. I was diagnosed with RRMS on May 17, 2004. ...
Read more : I am the Netherlands Daughter | Views : 1963 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

who has experienced hair loss with Avonex?

Hi everyone
I complained about my hair loss on "daily life" already but I just wanted to know who else out there on Avonex has lost thier hair??? Did you have to switch drugs? Did it stop after a while? How much of your hair did you lose?
Read more : who has experienced hair loss with Avonex? | Views : 3435 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Virus Info for Bromley

Ian

Here's some more info reinforcing (I think) a potential link between viruses and a subset of people with RRMS.

Subtype of MS Defined by An Activated Immune Defense Program
We conclude that the transcriptional signature of the PB cells reflects the heterogeneity of MS and defines a sub-population of RRMS patients, who exhibit an activated immune defense program that resembles a virus response program, which is supportive for a link between viruses and MS
Read more : Virus Info for Bromley | Views : 883 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222331 • Total topics 23091 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service