It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Paralysed rat

This is the NMSS article on the paralysed rat research that I posted earlier this week.

Ian

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Resear ... June22.asp
Read more : Paralysed rat | Views : 832 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Vit D - one for Jimmylegs

Jimmylegs,

Research on Vit D. Now I don't want to hear anymore about bloody Vit D.

Jimmylegs is off to Western Australia for six months where temperatures can hit 110F. Have a nice time.

Ian

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... nd_ms.html
Read more : Vit D - one for Jimmylegs | Views : 1237 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

To Jimmylegs

Jimmy--how do I email you directly??? Wanted to give you the lastest on my daughter, Suzy. We live in South Carolina (where the heat and humidity is brutal). As I said, she and her husband are camping this week. Temps are hitting 97-98. The heat does not bother her at all anymore!!! She called last night and said she has been overly-emotional and can't stop crying. She does not know why. Maybe a change in ...
Read more : To Jimmylegs | Views : 1444 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

Searching forums and site

Aaron,

I just tried a search of the forums fo SAM-e and it didnt seem to return an appropriate result.

I Tried "SAM-e" and this didnt work either. Is there a way to force it to look for a phrase? for example "hello there"?
Read more : Searching forums and site | Views : 2996 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Support

I eliminated my post

I eliminated this post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 2032 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

PS from Netherlands Daughter

To all the naysayers regarding nutrition and illness...how do you address Lorenzo's Oil? This "diet" regimen completely "cures" a fatal childhood disease. Absolutely nothing but nutrition! And this disease destroys the nerves. When one has high cholesteral, the first recommended change is "diet". There are so many, many examples of nutrition and illnesses, I could just go on and on! As I said, I DO believe in traditional medicine--truly I do! Had my daughter had ...
Read more : PS from Netherlands Daughter | Views : 1523 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

Is a treatment working?

I really like the Canadian MS Society website's 'Ask the Expert' section.

Today's question and answer may be of interest:

Q :
How do we know if the disease-modifying drug is working? I had a major relapse while on, and am still on, mine and questions have arisen whether the drug is actually doing something or the relapse would have been worse if i had not been using the injectable.

A :
This is an ...
Read more : Is a treatment working? | Views : 1098 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk

Not MS, but who knows.
But as usual, more years of research is needed.

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk

(CBS) WASHINGTON Scientists have used stem cells and a soup of nerve-friendly chemicals to not just bridge a damaged spinal cord but actually regrow the circuitry needed to move a muscle, helping partially paralyzed rats walk.

Years of additional research is needed before such an experiment could be attempted in people.

But the work marks ...
Read more : Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk | Views : 1517 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Methylthioadenosine

Another promising compound to add to the pre-clinical list.

Methylthioadenosine reverses brain autoimmune disease.

Ann Neurol. 2006 Jun 19;
Moreno B, Hevia H, Santamaria M, Sepulcre J, Munoz J, Garcia-Trevijano ER, Berasain C, Corrales FJ, Avila MA, Villoslada P.
Neuroscience and Gene Therapy Division, Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Navarra, Spain.

OBJECTIVE: To assess the immunomodulatory activity of methylthioadenosine (MTA) in rodent experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) and in patients with multiple sclerosis. ...
Read more : Methylthioadenosine | Views : 1145 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221725 • Total topics 23019 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service