It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

The real deal MS diagnosis facts

This article is rather interesting, disturbing and encouraging.

So much pain and anxiety could be spared if more doctors were direct. It's worth the money, energy and time to seek out MS expert, not a neurologist who may claim to be an expert, as there is a distinction.

<shortened url>
Read more : The real deal MS diagnosis facts | Views : 1844 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi from Bulgaria

Hello all, I am 38 yo female, was dx 2007 but had had 3 relapses in 4 years prior to this, they were like tingling, although each time a new symptom was added, light vertigo, numbness, all these were minor troubles and used to go away by themselves. I saw a neuro 1st time, prescribed some vitamins and in short time it was all back to normal, 2nd time didn't even see one, it was ...
Read more : Hi from Bulgaria | Views : 1277 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Hi from Louisiana

Hi, I am a SAHM of three boys (15, 14 & 11) with possible MS. I am in limbo riding the diagnosis merry-go-round at this time.
Read more : Hi from Louisiana | Views : 1402 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

FTY 720/Fingolimod for Primary Progressive Trial

A little more detail obtained from my research nurse Friday: Three-Five year study, placebo vs. 1.25 mg. The initial screening was described to me and sounds just like what Carolew posted previously for her extension phase. One week of visits to include eyes, pulmonary function, heart function, dermatology, baseline MRI, baseline blood work. I will have to get all tests done with doctors near the MS clinic who have agreed to see patients in this ...
Read more : FTY 720/Fingolimod for Primary Progressive Trial | Views : 2318 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Flingolimod results

Oral Multiple Sclerosis Drug More Effective, According to Trial Results
Thursday January 8, 2009
Fingolimod, an oral drug under development for treating multiple sclerosis, was shown to be more effective than current treatments in a recent trial.

The trial consisted of over 1,200 individuals receiving either fingolimod or Avonex. On average, the people receiving Avonex had 0.33 relapses per year while the people on fingolimod had between 0.16 and 0.20 relapses (depending on dosage tested). ...
Read more : Flingolimod results | Views : 2060 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

robbie

I haven't seen Robbie on here in quite some time. Has anyone else or am I just missing his posts? A little worried about him!
Lori
Read more : robbie | Views : 4188 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

Spasticity questions

Hi all.

I have been reading about the several methods for "treating" spasticity. I have some questions that would like to ask all of you who experience this symptom.

Spasticity interferes with mobility. Anti-spasticity drugs cause weakness, due to their mechanism of action. Spasticity impairs mobility, anti-spasticity drugs impair mobility through their action. Have you found them of any use, in terms of mobility? I consider the brain who had the idea of adding weakness ...
Read more : Spasticity questions | Views : 3175 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

big pharma

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/po ... s_industry

WASHINGTON—A two-year investigation conducted in five major cities has exposed a widespread campaign by the formidable Rest and Fluids industry to infiltrate thousands of doctors' offices and dictate how they treat minor illnesses.
Enlarge Image Doctor

This physician enjoyed an all-expenses-paid trip to Aspen, just for telling his patients to "relax."

The investigation—the full details of which will be disclosed in this newspaper over the coming ...
Read more : big pharma | Views : 1320 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Calcium inhibiting ABX and other drugs

Hi,

I recently came across some articles like this one:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/calcium-000945.htm

How do you think about the relevance of the inhibiting effect of Calcium on drugs? Does anyone know what evidence is on the basis of this assertion - in vitro model, animal studies, human trials?

Thanks
--Frank
Read more : Calcium inhibiting ABX and other drugs | Views : 2456 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242896 • Total topics 26661 • Total members 17824

Contact us | Terms of Service