It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New, easy to navigate david wheldon site

Finally, after many months of hinting, David has redesigned his site, to make it much easier to navigate:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

It did start out as just one page but over the last couple of years more pages have been added, then more pages tagged on to those pages and so on. Now everything radiates neatly from the index, just like on my site, so when I suggest someone looks at such and such a page, it ...
Read more : New, easy to navigate david wheldon site | Views : 5238 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Asymtomatic brain damage in relatives of MS

Interesting.

Asymptomatic first-degree relatives of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) demonstrate focal brain tissue abnormalities indistinguishable from those of MS, researchers reported in April in Annals of Neurology journal.

http://www.ms-network.com/intl/msnetwork/general/news_and_views/news/news/tcm_4159.jsp
Read more : Asymtomatic brain damage in relatives of MS | Views : 1334 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Accidents

I think I could have worked this one out in 5 mins even with a reducing brain. Did they really need to do research on it?

<shortened url>
Read more : Accidents | Views : 1128 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

How long before side effects?

I was wondering, how long was it before you started experiencing flu like symptoms from Rebif?

Honestly, I wasn't expecting side effects for a little while, at least until I stepped up to 44 mcg full dose...

I've only had three shots, and I'm wondering if this is normal? My throat's sore, and I've got a small fever....and it's not strep throat (which I've been exposed to), I was just at a doctor's yesterday!
Read more : How long before side effects? | Views : 3817 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

Ion Channel Knowledgebase

This isn't a breakthrough press release or anything, but I'm glad to read that an "Ion Channel Knowledgebase" exists because it seems there's something funny going on with our ion channels.

Aureus Pharma Licenses AurSCOPE Ion Channel Knowledgebase to Xention

June 29, 2006 -- PRNewswire -- Aureus Pharma a leading provider of knowledge management solutions to accelerate discovery in the life sciences industry, announces that Xention, a drug discovery and development company focusing on ion ...
Read more : Ion Channel Knowledgebase | Views : 953 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

coping

Dear all,

I would like to hear from others about how they cope with the losses and uncertainty related to this disease. I was dx two years ago with RR at 39. Completely out of the blue. Walking is now not great and my hobbies have all been lost (running, scuba diving, tennis). I like, all with this disease, have to deal with changing symptoms / daily embarassments etc etc.

In the two years, I ...
Read more : coping | Views : 4751 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Daily Life

ATL1102 Phase II trial starting

Antisense is finally restarting their phase II trial after getting caught in the tysabri whirlwind.

Commencement of dosing of patients in Phase IIa Multiple Sclerosis trial

June 21, 2006 - Press Release from Antisense Therapeutics - Antisense Therapeutics is pleased to report that dosing has commenced in the Phase IIa clinical trial of ATL1102 in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS).

The study, a multi-centre, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial in approximately 80 patients ...
Read more : ATL1102 Phase II trial starting | Views : 2298 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri in Europe

TYSABRI(R) Receives Approval in European Union for the Treatment of Relapsing Remitting Forms of Multiple Sclerosis

Biogen Idec and Elan Corporation, plc today announced that they received approval from the European Commission to market TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab) as a treatment for relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) to delay the progression of disability and reduce the frequency of relapses. TYSABRI is indicated as a single disease modifying therapy in highly active relapsing remitting MS for patients with ...
Read more : Tysabri in Europe | Views : 1335 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

living

Hi everybody, there´s a new forum here and I can share with you my "living problem". My boyfriend and me want to leave together (perhaps for all life : and we are in age to wonder about our together living.

But there´s my disease, you know. And I think I should take into account my perhaps disability in future. I know maybe it never come, but there´s a probability.

Does anybody solve similar problem as ...
Read more : living | Views : 1711 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Cannabinoids for PPMS trial

Cannabinoids for PPMS. I can't tell for sure if it's a large phase IIb, or a phase III study. I guess I'll say it's phase II unless somebody knows otherwise.

CUPID: Welcome to the CUPID study

What is CUPID?
CUPID stands for Cannabinoid Use in Progressive Inflammatory brain Disease. CUPID is a clinical trial which will evaluate whether THC, one of many chemical compounds (cannabinoids) found in the cannabis plant, might slow the development of ...
Read more : Cannabinoids for PPMS trial | Views : 1494 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222308 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service