It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Deep Brain Stimulation?

:?: Hi,new member here! Looks like a very useful website. I am looking for people who have had the Deep Brain Stimulatiion surgery done for MS tremor relief. My sister-in-law suffers badly from tremors and her neurologist is having her look into DBS. I know this has been done for Parkinson's but wanted to see if I could find anyone with MS with real-world experience in this ...
Read more : Deep Brain Stimulation? | Views : 871 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

B cells

To date much of the focus of MS research has been in relation to T cells. Several research papers have pointed to B cells as having an involvement in the pathogenesis of MS and perhaps in terms of axonal damage. I have previously posted on the drug Rituximab which depletes B cells and has shown promising results. This drug is being tested in RR, SP and PP MS.

The NMSS is funding research in relation ...
Read more : B cells | Views : 1088 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hives

My wife, dxd for 4 years, has come down with a nasty case of hives per her gp (our neuro doesn't work on Friday's, what a gig). She's taking methotrexate, adderall, prozac and folic acid. The gp say's anything could have triggered it; the weather change, what she ate, any number of things. I'm suspicious (paranoid?). Comments anyone?
Read more : Hives | Views : 1622 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Spinal cord repair

We're getting closer every day to spinal cord repair...

Engineering nerve jumper cables for spinal cord repair in animal model
Technique holds promise for spinal cord repair in humans

Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine have created – in a rodent model – a completely new way to engineer nerve structures, or constructs, in culture. This proof-of-principle research has implications for eventually becoming a new method to repair spinal cord injury in ...
Read more : Spinal cord repair | Views : 1202 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

NMSS - hope

Dear all,

Early this year I received an e-mail from Joyce Nelson, President and CEO of the NMSS. The e-mail was sent to all on the NMSS mailing list (I can't remember how I got on it). The e-mail set out what had happened in Ms Nelson's first year in post and asked for feedback. I sent a response which picked up all my usual moans - that research did not appear to have advanced ...
Read more : NMSS - hope | Views : 1575 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Evidence of link between exposure to aluminium and MS

Is this, as they allude to in the article, the environmental link?

Evidence of link between exposure to aluminium and multiple sclerosis
Medical Research News
Published: Thursday, 16-Feb-2006

Scientists at Keele University in Staffordshire have discovered the first evidence of a link between human exposure to aluminium and multiple sclerosis.

Their research has demonstrated very high (up to 40 times the control level) urinary excretion of aluminium in MS, particularly so in the relapsing-remitting form ...
Read more : Evidence of link between exposure to aluminium and MS | Views : 3221 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri article

Attached is an article on Tysabri written by a UK consultant neurologist.

The focus of the article is about the risks with fast-tracking therapies.

The author correctly (in my view) points out that EAE is a pretty useless model of MS. He also highlights the need for neuro-protective agents.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j468373541&w=464753

Harry Z - a late Christmas present from me to you
Read more : Tysabri article | Views : 2132 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

fear of politics

Hi everybody who are reading this piece.

I live in czech republic and I am realy frightned decisions of contemporary government. Minister of health startet to do realy unique things. He wants to save money in health resource. There are problems with CRAB wchich weren´t before, new patients are not cured. And patients who already had CRAB are afraid of not getting other.

New is, that he wants also economize on spas and so on. ...
Read more : fear of politics | Views : 1173 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

new mouse

They may not be able to cure this disease but they're very good at developing new mouse models.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j467570809&w=464753
Read more : new mouse | Views : 883 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

TYSABRI(R) Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS

http://www.elan.com/News/full.asp?ID=817575

TYSABRI® Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Trial Hold Lifted by FDA; Biogen Idec and Elan to Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 15, 2006--Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc. (NYSE: ELN) announced today that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) informed the companies that they have removed the hold on clinical trial dosing of TYSABRI® (natalizumab) in multiple sclerosis (MS) in the ...
Read more : TYSABRI(R) Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS | Views : 2525 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218748 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192