It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

CF101

This is primarily in testing for RA, but they are planning trials in MS patients too...

CanFite BioPharma aims to raise NIS 50 million

May 9, 2006 - Israel Business Arena Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge - Drug development company Can Fite BioPharma Ltd. published a draft flotation prospectus on Sunday for the raising of NIS 30 million and a further NIS 20 million in a future offering through the exercising of warrants. Founded in 2000 ...
Read more : CF101 | Views : 1131 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

SOCS1 and interferon gamma

A bit more insight into the role of interferon gamma...

SOCS1

May 9, 2006 - Eurekalert - Selectively blocking inflammatory signals may protect mice from MS A new way to preserve the cells that surround and protect nerves could lead to new treatments for demyelinating diseases such a multiple sclerosis, a research team reports in the May 10, 2006, issue of the Journal of Neuroscience.

The approach grew out of a novel explanation, quickly gaining ...
Read more : SOCS1 and interferon gamma | Views : 2081 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Wrong day/time

The day and time of posts show up incorrectly. It seems they are 12 hours ahead. This happened after we changed the time in April. How do I correct this?
Thanks
Lori
Read more : Wrong day/time | Views : 2332 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

Has anyone had this happen?

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice if possible.

I started Avonex 3 weeks ago. The fist 2 weeks were fine - no major side effects.

After the third one on Firday, I woke up Saturday morning unable to walk. Every time I went to put weight on my legs to walk to the bathroom, I felt as though I had no power in them. I also had a blinding headache above one eye.

Now, ...
Read more : Has anyone had this happen? | Views : 3703 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Avonex

Dendritic Cells

This could be a significant piece of research...

Knowledge of dendritic cells branches out

May 8th 2006 -- A new type of cell that generates crucial cells of the immune system has been discovered at The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute. With this new knowledge, medical researchers can begin to consider the development of customized immune therapies using this new cell to target specific infections such as HIV, malaria and influenza; certain cancers; and even ...
Read more : Dendritic Cells | Views : 807 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Images not already on web?

Is there a way to post an image into a forum reply, without it already being somewhere on the net?
Read more : Images not already on web? | Views : 2144 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

aricept side effects

Been taking Aricept for cognitive impairments for almost 2 years now. It along with Namenda has seemed to help get rid of the brain fog and make me able to think. But someone else told me they stopped taking it because it accentuated these problems for them: sensitivity to light, sensitivity to noise, and tinnitus.

Is there a pharmacological basis for this? I'll readily admit I don't know much about things like that, but I ...
Read more : aricept side effects | Views : 1626 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Insulin

I don't know if this abstract has been posted here before, but it looks interesting and may provide a potential role for insulin in reducing inflammation. By the way, the abstract can be found on page 9 of the linked document.

Macronutrient intake induces oxidative and inflammatory stress while insulin causes suppression of reactive oxygen species generation and inflamamtion
    Paresh Dandona, Kaleida Health, Buffalo, NY, USA

Following our original observation that the intake of 75g ...
Read more : Insulin | Views : 2788 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Diet

Seats for Segways!

At last!

I was searching online for the zillionth time recently to see if Segways were being made with seats yet. I was finally relieved to discover that, although the Segway company itself still doesn't offer that accessory, "SegSeats" were just coming out from another supplier. And I later found that Segway dealers carry them. (Well, I assume that if one does, they all do. I could be wrong.)

My life is so much better! ...
Read more : Seats for Segways! | Views : 3945 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shopping

Rituxin

Just for information:

I've been corresponding with my 'good' neuro about EBV and MS. I mentioned that some PP sufferers on another site were reporting good results from Rituxin (anectodal stuff, but many claimed progression had been halted).

This neuro said he was hopeful about Rituxin as it targets B-cells - one of the places where EBV lives. Just his opinion - but it will be interesting to see if the trial results (interim results) ...
Read more : Rituxin | Views : 1295 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220865 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14456

Contact us | Terms of Service