It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Allergy to Pennicillin and .....

I am very interested in this abx approach to MS, but I need some questions answered.

First I have an anaphylactic reaction to pennicillin, so I cannot take it ever again. So how can I take this treatment, are there drugs that will work that are not akin to pennicillin???

And every time I take vitamins they put right to sleep, almost every vitamin I have ever taken has done this to me. It must ...
Read more : Allergy to Pennicillin and ..... | Views : 2102 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Oral drugs

Here's a summary of some of the oral drugs in the pipeline.

Is an Oral Disease-Modifying Drug on the Horizon? 14 February 2006

For over a decade now, we have had the benefit of PDA-approved disease-modifying drugs: the beta interferons (Betaseron, Avonex, and Rebif), glatiramer acetate (Copaxone), and, more recently, mitoxantrone (Novantrone). All are injected-under the skin, into muscle, or into a vein. Natalizumab (Tysabri), which is currently under a new FDA review, is also ...
Read more : Oral drugs | Views : 1193 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Interferons

Here is some research on the beta-interferons.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... _with.html

More importantly, I met Jaded today and treated her to lunch (nothing to do with Valentines day tomorrow - I'm very happily married and just a generous kind of guy). Last month I met Raven and treated him to a coffee (another example of my generosity). It's really nice to put a face to the posters on this site. ...
Read more : Interferons | Views : 978 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

I removed my post

I removed my post
Read more : I removed my post | Views : 1067 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Axonal protection

Dear all,

It is now generally accepted that the loss of / damage to axons is the cause of permanent disability in MS. The drugs companies have focused primarily on therapies to reduce relapses / inflammation. Thankfully, there are academic researchers looking into other therapies. Attached is a summary of work being done by Professor Ken Smith in the UK on axonal protection. He says his work has identified a therapy to slow axonal degenration ...
Read more : Axonal protection | Views : 1746 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Promising info on Symadex

Click below:

<shortened url>
Read more : Promising info on Symadex | Views : 1228 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

thisisms

Dear all,

'This is MS is an unbiased, unaffiliated site dedicated to eradicating Multiple Sclerosis. We offer an open-minded approach to *all* potentially viable treatments, ranging from the FDA-approved disease-modifying drugs such as Copaxone to alternative treatments such as Low Dose Naltrexone'.

The great strength of this site is that it is not associated with any ms drugs companies or any particular therapies. Anyone visiting the site can look into a range of therapies e.g. ...
Read more : thisisms | Views : 1828 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Virus-induced autoimmunity

This abstract seems to do a really good job of summing up a reasonable explanation for virus-induced autoimmunity...

Multiple sclerosis and virus induced immune responses: Autoimmunity can be primed by molecular mimicry and augmented by bystander activation.

Autoimmunity. 2006 Feb;39(1):9-19.
McCoy L, Tsunoda I, Fujinami RS.
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, 30 North 1900 East, Room 3R330, Salt Lake City, UT, 84132 2305, USA.

Polymicrobial infections have been associated with plausible ...
Read more : Virus-induced autoimmunity | Views : 1035 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Bits and pieces

Dear all,

Today the MS nurse came round to teach me to inject, I asked her lots of questions as she knew most of the MS consultants working at the Institute of Neurology in London and has been working with MS patients for years and years.

- I found the injection fine (using the auto-injector). I am now waiting for the flu symptoms.

- My area in London is where Aimspro (goats serum) was given ...
Read more : Bits and pieces | Views : 1727 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218644 • Total topics 22528 • Total members 14175