It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:58 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BCP link/infxn in MS

This link tells of work that indicates that the human immune system is a perfect balance that is designed to precisely defeat bugs without causing self attack. It indicates that chronic infection might lead to autoimmune disease like MS and RA. Another link in the chain.
http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... ode=nested

Add to this the Prineas and Barnett work that says that MS is not autoimmune and you have a picture ...
Read more : BCP link/infxn in MS | Views : 1297 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Recovery

You know it might be interesting for people to document their efforts at physical therapy (physio in UK I think). One thing I saw here in the US is that we had a congressional hearing on stem cells .Two young women who had spinal cord injuries went out of country to get stem cell treatment, which was apparently successful as they could stand and modestly walk. Oddly, they felt the way the US let them ...
Read more : Recovery | Views : 1312 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

quitting Rebif??

Hi Everyone. This is the first post I am making as I just registered. I was diagnosed with MS June 6/05. I had symptoms for a year before I was diagnosed. I had severe tingling in my legs (that started only in 1), severe tremor of my right hand, numbness in my chest only on one side. Because of my age (24 at the time), I am not overweight (ideal weight), and I do not ...
Read more : quitting Rebif?? | Views : 4500 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

Research on CPn

Read more : Research on CPn | Views : 1407 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

MS and dignity

MS can rob one of dignity (bladder / bowel problems etc). So to add to our sorry state, someone has developed the cooling vest. Would you wear it? Really?

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j398459118&w=464753
Read more : MS and dignity | Views : 1138 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Schering / Campath

It's good to see that someone benefits from MS therapies - the companies who produce them. But also of interest, is that a Phase III study for Campath will commence in 2006.

Bromley

AFX News Limited
Schering confirms 18 pct opg margin target in 2006; 16.5-17.0 pct in 2005
09.29.2005, 07:55 AM

MUNICH (AFX) - Schering AG reiterated its target to achieve an 18 pct operating margin in 2006 as well as its 16.5-17.0 pct ...
Read more : Schering / Campath | Views : 745 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Adherence to MS therapy

The researchers can always come up with another research project. A large scale study is to examine adherence and non-adherence with MS therapies. Now I'm not a scientist, and I must have lost a few brain cells to this disease, but my wild guess for non-adherence could be that people don't like sticking needles into themselves with drugs that have horrible side effects and have limited efficacy. Of course I might be wrong, so X,000 ...
Read more : Adherence to MS therapy | Views : 1055 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Inherited enzyme defects and MS? Any research into this?

In my searching the MS literature, I sometimes branch out and look at what is being done in other diseases that have some characteristics in common with MS.

There has been a lot of recent research in various inherited demyelinating diseases. In particular, there was an article in USA Today this week about an inherited disease called adrenoleukodystrophy, of ALD, which is an X-linked recessive disease impacting boys, because they only have one X chromosome. ...
Read more : Inherited enzyme defects and MS? Any research into this? | Views : 968 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN & a glass of wine

Can I ? :?
I am starting LDN this weekend. Considering what Naltrexone is usually used for, I was wondering if alcohol is a no no ? Only talking about a max of 2 glasses of wine...

Thanks
Smyelin :P
Read more : LDN & a glass of wine | Views : 2437 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216312 • Total topics 22105 • Total members 13901