It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:59 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tysabri article

Attached is an article on Tysabri written by a UK consultant neurologist.

The focus of the article is about the risks with fast-tracking therapies.

The author correctly (in my view) points out that EAE is a pretty useless model of MS. He also highlights the need for neuro-protective agents.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j468373541&w=464753

Harry Z - a late Christmas present from me to you
Read more : Tysabri article | Views : 2133 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

fear of politics

Hi everybody who are reading this piece.

I live in czech republic and I am realy frightned decisions of contemporary government. Minister of health startet to do realy unique things. He wants to save money in health resource. There are problems with CRAB wchich weren´t before, new patients are not cured. And patients who already had CRAB are afraid of not getting other.

New is, that he wants also economize on spas and so on. ...
Read more : fear of politics | Views : 1173 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

new mouse

They may not be able to cure this disease but they're very good at developing new mouse models.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j467570809&w=464753
Read more : new mouse | Views : 885 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

TYSABRI(R) Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS

http://www.elan.com/News/full.asp?ID=817575

TYSABRI® Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Trial Hold Lifted by FDA; Biogen Idec and Elan to Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 15, 2006--Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc. (NYSE: ELN) announced today that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) informed the companies that they have removed the hold on clinical trial dosing of TYSABRI® (natalizumab) in multiple sclerosis (MS) in the ...
Read more : TYSABRI(R) Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS | Views : 2527 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Lifting of the clinical hold on Tysabri

2/15/2006

Questions and Answers on Tysabri (natalizumab)
Regarding Lifting of the Clinical Hold

1) Why is FDA lifting the clinical hold?

We received detailed information on the extensive re-examination that Biogen and Elan undertook on all patients who had received natalizumab in clinical studies under an IND. No additional cases of PML were identified. The better understanding of the actual occurrence of PML in these patients permitted better estimation of the potential risk of PML ...
Read more : Lifting of the clinical hold on Tysabri | Views : 1380 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hello from Greece

I have been lurking around the site for quite a while, however today i made the "big" decision to register and in a way become an active member of the MS society.

Unfortunately as you can imagine I have been diagnosed with the silly-smart disease 2 years ago when I was 25 years old (what an age to be diagnosed hey), and have been fighting back.

Symptoms include feet numbness bad eyesight (nystagmous, diplopia) and ...
Read more : Hello from Greece | Views : 1359 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Campath update

From Genzyme's financial results yesterday...

Genzyme and Schering AG Germany await comments from the FDA, following which they hope to resume dosing soon in the Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating Campath for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. The companies submitted a risk-management plan to the FDA and the EMEA earlier this month, which was approved by the study's Data Safety Monitoring Board. Results from a pre-planned interim analysis of the Phase 2 trial were highly ...
Read more : Campath update | Views : 2225 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Related to Quitting Smoking not directly to MS

We received this from Kevin the site owner off woofmang which is a stop smoking support group I joined when John and I Quit smoking in 2004. Normally I wouldn't post it but thought some people might like to check it out if they are Quitting Smoking. Hope this isn't considered peddling anything and no I can't be a participant as I Quit Aug of 2004 so don't meet the criteria.

Posted: February 14, 2006 ...
Read more : Related to Quitting Smoking not directly to MS | Views : 1088 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi, i was diagnosed in 1998

I thought I'd better introduce myself. I promice none of my future posts will be this long!

My name is Laura, I live in California. I was dx in Nov 1998 and immediately started on Pred, then Solumedrol after I weaned off of Pred. Avonex followed but I quit that within a year. I've not been on meds since. Tried Marinol once or twice, hated it. I tried one Baclofen last week or so before ...
Read more : Hi, i was diagnosed in 1998 | Views : 1715 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

reducing postpartum exacerbations

Can anyone lead me to the latest on what, if anything, can be done to lessen the likelihood of an exacerbation after giving birth?

I found this article about a trial of intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) given at time of delivery, but it's from 2001:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/413713

And this from the NMSS:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/IMSApr03-MainEvent.asp

Mentions "an encouraging preliminary study on the use of IV immunoglobulin ...
Read more : reducing postpartum exacerbations | Views : 1293 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218778 • Total topics 22550 • Total members 14199