It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:12 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Cytoxan and Novantrone

A research paper on Cytoxan and Novantrone.

<shortened url>

Both these treatments are cancer treatments. And also Campath and Caldribine are cancer drugs. This might be a stupid question - but what is cancer? Who says that MS isn't a blood cancer? It just seems odd that cancer treatments have some effect?

Ian
Read more : Cytoxan and Novantrone | Views : 1587 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

McAlpine's Multiple Sclerosis

The 4th edition is out, dated 2006. It's nearly 1000 pages of fine print and pictures. Scary and informative. Here is a list of the chapters:

The Story of Multiple Sclerosis
The Distribution of MS
THE Genetics of MS
The natural history of MS
The origins of MS: a synthesis
The symptoms and signs of MS
The diagnosis of MS
The differential diagnosis of MS
MS in the individual and in groups: A conspectus
The ...
Read more : McAlpine's Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 2534 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

RPI-78M

Sounds like they are going to be starting a phase I/II MS trial soon.

Nutra Pharma Announces Approval to Start Late Phase II Human Trials in England

05/09/2006 -- Nutra Pharma Corp., a biotechnology company that is developing drugs for HIV and Multiple Sclerosis, has announced that their holding, ReceptoPharm, has received approval from the Medicines Health and Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for its application of human clinical trials for the treatment of Adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN). The ...
Read more : RPI-78M | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

CF101

This is primarily in testing for RA, but they are planning trials in MS patients too...

CanFite BioPharma aims to raise NIS 50 million

May 9, 2006 - Israel Business Arena Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge - Drug development company Can Fite BioPharma Ltd. published a draft flotation prospectus on Sunday for the raising of NIS 30 million and a further NIS 20 million in a future offering through the exercising of warrants. Founded in 2000 ...
Read more : CF101 | Views : 1136 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

SOCS1 and interferon gamma

A bit more insight into the role of interferon gamma...

SOCS1

May 9, 2006 - Eurekalert - Selectively blocking inflammatory signals may protect mice from MS A new way to preserve the cells that surround and protect nerves could lead to new treatments for demyelinating diseases such a multiple sclerosis, a research team reports in the May 10, 2006, issue of the Journal of Neuroscience.

The approach grew out of a novel explanation, quickly gaining ...
Read more : SOCS1 and interferon gamma | Views : 2085 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Wrong day/time

The day and time of posts show up incorrectly. It seems they are 12 hours ahead. This happened after we changed the time in April. How do I correct this?
Thanks
Lori
Read more : Wrong day/time | Views : 2337 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

Has anyone had this happen?

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice if possible.

I started Avonex 3 weeks ago. The fist 2 weeks were fine - no major side effects.

After the third one on Firday, I woke up Saturday morning unable to walk. Every time I went to put weight on my legs to walk to the bathroom, I felt as though I had no power in them. I also had a blinding headache above one eye.

Now, ...
Read more : Has anyone had this happen? | Views : 3706 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Avonex

Dendritic Cells

This could be a significant piece of research...

Knowledge of dendritic cells branches out

May 8th 2006 -- A new type of cell that generates crucial cells of the immune system has been discovered at The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute. With this new knowledge, medical researchers can begin to consider the development of customized immune therapies using this new cell to target specific infections such as HIV, malaria and influenza; certain cancers; and even ...
Read more : Dendritic Cells | Views : 808 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Images not already on web?

Is there a way to post an image into a forum reply, without it already being somewhere on the net?
Read more : Images not already on web? | Views : 2147 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

aricept side effects

Been taking Aricept for cognitive impairments for almost 2 years now. It along with Namenda has seemed to help get rid of the brain fog and make me able to think. But someone else told me they stopped taking it because it accentuated these problems for them: sensitivity to light, sensitivity to noise, and tinnitus.

Is there a pharmacological basis for this? I'll readily admit I don't know much about things like that, but I ...
Read more : aricept side effects | Views : 1630 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221008 • Total topics 22915 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service