It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:48 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS and Lyme

Read more : MS and Lyme | Views : 1228 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Smoking

This sort of research really annoys me as someone who never smoked.

Smoking Increases Risk of Multiple Sclerosis -Study

Smokers are up to three times as likely to develop multiple sclerosis than nonsmokers, according to researchers.

Researchers at the University of Bergen in Norway and Harvard University in Massachusetts surveyed 22,000 people aged 40 to 47 from 1997 to 1999 and found the risk of developing multiple sclerosis nearly three times higher for men ...
Read more : Smoking | Views : 1283 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

future help with walking

Homemade walking aid tackles MS

A scientist whose wife has multiple sclerosis has developed a walking aid that has been shortlisted for an award. Ken Armitage and wife Anne were trying to reach a pub on Dartmoor in time for a cream tea. Mr Armitage improvised using his rucksack and a bungee strap, and the couple made it in time for tea.

His MuSmate walking aid was in line for a best new product ...
Read more : future help with walking | Views : 1325 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Fluo something or other

Read more : Fluo something or other | Views : 1352 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Sunshine and doxycycline

Copied from "Antibiotics"

Along with the seasonal change in the northern hemisphere to longer, sunnier days, I thought it might be wise to remind people taking doxycycline that they should avoid prolonged unprotected exposure to the sun. Although on vacation at the moment, David went in to the hospital today to check his mail and found a few people experiencing rashes and suchlike, so please remember your sunscreen and/or sunhats and long sleeves.

Sarah ...
Read more : Sunshine and doxycycline | Views : 2226 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Sunshine and doxycycline

Along with the seasonal change in the northern hemisphere to longer, sunnier days, I thought it might be wise to remind people taking doxycycline that they should avoid prolonged unprotected exposure to the sun. Although on vacation at the moment, David went in to the hospital today to check his mail and found a few people experiencing rashes and suchlike, so please remember your sunscreen and/or sunhats and long sleeves.

Sarah ...
Read more : Sunshine and doxycycline | Views : 7335 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Stem Cell Innovations

Stem Cell Innovations, Inc. files patents relating to production of human motor neurons and progenitors

Cells may be useful in therapies for ALS, Parkinson´s, Multiple Sclerosis and other Neuroodegenerative Diseases.

Stem Cell Innovations, Inc. has filed a patent application protecting the differentiation of its proprietary human pluripotent stem cells (PCs) into neural progenitor cells and purified populations of motor neurons. These cells will initially be used in the Company´s core drug discovery and toxicology platform. ...
Read more : Stem Cell Innovations | Views : 1517 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

EU recommends restricted availability

Recommendations on Tysabri release restriction

28 April 2006 11:56

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has recommended that the multiple sclerosis treatment drug, Tysabri, should be made available to patients on a restricted basis.

Tysabri was withdrawn from the market early in 2005 after some US patients who had been treated with the drug in combination with other medication developed the brain disease, PML.

The decision led to the collapse of Élan's share price.

Since then ...
Read more : EU recommends restricted availability | Views : 1376 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Avonex v/s Copaxone in SPMS

I've been Googling all day. I'm not finding much. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd love to have some links. Our Neuro is recommending getting off Avonex and onto Copaxone and maybe adding Novantrone. Right now I'm mainly interested in trying to weigh Avonex v/s Copaxone. I'm not interested in side effects, the goal is walking. Problem is Secondary Progressive MS.

Here's what I've found so far:

1) Avonex is generally ...
Read more : Avonex v/s Copaxone in SPMS | Views : 1690 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

12 tesla MRI

I guess this will help with MS research.

OHSU Joins The NIH In Obtaining A "two-of-a-kind" MRI Magnet

27 Apr 2006 - As OHSU's new Advanced Imaging Research Center (AIRC) continues its expansion, the major component of the final, and most unique instrument for the world-class facility has arrived. On Saturday, April 22, the AIRC took delivery of a 12Tesla (T) magnet, the centerpiece of a rare and cutting-edge MRI system.

"This state-of-the-art 12T system ...
Read more : 12 tesla MRI | Views : 2870 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220876 • Total topics 22893 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service