It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Laquimod

Some trial results for an oral drug - Laquimod

The results are to be presented during the ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS conference which takes place in the latter half of this week. No doubt other trial results will be presented - results for Tovaxin and NeuroVax are being presented.

Bromley

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j397362690&w=464753
Read more : Laquimod | Views : 1469 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Spinal cord injuries

This article isn't MS specific but there is some read across eg macrophages, scarring. Also Dr Fawcett is one of the leading lights in terms of brain repair.

Bromley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4283474.stm
Read more : Spinal cord injuries | Views : 876 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello Everyone!

I am new here and so happy to have found this board. I was dx'd with m.s. 3 yrs ago and have always been suspicious of a chronic infection link to my m.s.

I used to lurk on Lyme Disease boards, as my symptoms were so similar.
I had painful inflammation of both knees limiting my mobility 2 yrs before my m.s. dx. Doc's always downplayed the significance.

After a neg. Lyme titer test, I ...
Read more : Hello Everyone! | Views : 1669 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

MultiCell Technologies

Attached is the investor presentation given by MultiCell Technoloiges. MS is one of the diseases which the company is focusing on. Not too much information but at least another company involved in MS therapies.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j397024085&w=464753

Bromley
Read more : MultiCell Technologies | Views : 1164 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Another genetic research project

Another genetic research project to identify the genes involved in various diseases (including MS).

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 40,00.html

Bromley
Read more : Another genetic research project | Views : 5241 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

I have MS

Hi all, I was diagnosed with MS in April. After reading up on the disease I discovered I probably had my first symptom 4 years ago in 2001. Numbness in the finger tips. In 2004 before going o/s and feeling rather stressed I noticed I wasn't exactly walking in a straight line - thought I was tired!. Then in 2005 - hey Bingo! I woke up with Diplopia! Off to the neurologist, MRI and VER. ...
Read more : I have MS | Views : 3566 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Diet

Statin Dosages

Who or what dictates that a certain dosage of a particular statin drug is required to be effective? Before my Dx of MS in 2000 I had been taking Zocor for a 327 cholesterol level (Thank Ben&Jerry's Ice cream for that! Yummy!) but found that my liver couldn't tolerate it. Was switched to Lipitor 10 mg qd and my cholesterol level shot down to 143!! miracle stuff for sure. The reason my doc put me ...
Read more : Statin Dosages | Views : 4315 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Statins

CSF ingredients?

Hi all.

I would like to ask some questions about the CSF. (cerebospinal fluid)

I was wondering what is the normal pH of CSF. I found some studies indicating that altering the CSF pH leads to death of neurons and CNS atrophy! It reminds me of something...

This makes me believe that :

1. Immune system attacks myelin, because it is "spoiled" by some factor that I am not aware of. (Relapse)
2. "Debris" of ...
Read more : CSF ingredients? | Views : 1818 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Evacuating Rita with MS

We left Houston at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday and finally arrived in Boerne, TX (about 200 miles) at 2:00 a.m. Friday morning. We had our family (my husband, me, and 2 teenagers) as well as our two cats in the van and we were pulling our 21-ft trailer behind. It was so hot on Thursday and we were going soooo slow or not at all that we couldn't run the AC. My kids would run ...
Read more : Evacuating Rita with MS | Views : 1151 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216634 • Total topics 22133 • Total members 13919