It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hello! Newbie here!

Hi,

My name is George, I'm 25 and I am in the process of being diagnosed. I have been told to expect a diagnosis of MS but have not had the diagnosis because the neurologist I first saw didn't want to get involved as I was moving.

I first developed Optic Neuritis in my R eye in April and in October I developed a number of other symptoms which can be summed up as my ...
Read more : Hello! Newbie here! | Views : 1692 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Delicate Protein Balance Behind Immune System Response Uncov

I think this is new...

TOL

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 214715.htm

Delicate Protein Balance Behind Immune System Response Uncovered

ScienceDaily (Dec. 10, 2007) — A team of researchers from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine has identified the protein interactions involved in the immune system process that fights infection yet, in certain inflammatory diseases, runs amok and attacks friendly tissue.

The Penn team, led by Christopher Hunter, chair of ...
Read more : Delicate Protein Balance Behind Immune System Response Uncov | Views : 1312 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

An Eye Question

Alright, I think I'm at the point where my ON eye is not getting any better. My question would be will the bad vision in my left eye cause my right eye to strain itself? Should I see an ophthalmologist to get glasses or something?

Not only am I knew to my MS but also to vision problems, it used to be perfect and I've never had problems before this.
Read more : An Eye Question | Views : 1804 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Interferon Beta 1-A + Doxycycline

Combination Therapy With Interferon Beta-1a and Doxycycline in Multiple Sclerosis 10 December 2007

A preliminary study suggests that combining a medication currently used to treat multiple sclerosis with an antibiotic may slow the progress of the disease, according to an article posted online today that will appear in the February 2008 print issue of Archives of Neurology, one of the JAMA/Archives journals.

“Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an immune-mediated disorder that affects genetically susceptible individuals ...
Read more : Interferon Beta 1-A + Doxycycline | Views : 4553 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Remyelination

Mice again I know but maybe it will lead to something... It is from the Mayo Clinic

December 09, '07: Antibody Repairs Myelin Sheath in Multiple Sclerosis
Category: M.S. Research Study Reports Posted by: stuart
Obtained from the Virtual Medical Ctr website

Antibody Repairs Myelin Sheath in Multiple Sclerosis

Abstract
Mayo Clinic researchers have found that a human antibody administered in a single low dose in laboratory mouse models can repair myelin, the insulating covering ...
Read more : Remyelination | Views : 2653 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Blood Test?

Hey everyone and glad i found this forum. I was reading on the Phoenix Business Journal about a company in Tucson (MSDx) that had developed a Blood test for MS where you won't need an MRI or Spinal Tap for a diagnosis. Has anyone or their doctor(s) heard about this yet.

I went to their web site for more info and they didn't state a time frame on this. I'll post the article also but ...
Read more : MS Blood Test? | Views : 1714 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

FTY 720 Trial for PPMS Shaping Up?

Does anyone know if Novartis has published the protocol for the arm of the FTY 720 study involving primary progressive patients? Where I can look it up? The trial should start recruiting in January so surely the information is somewhere!

PS: Do you guys agree the research looks good?
Read more : FTY 720 Trial for PPMS Shaping Up? | Views : 4115 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Southfield workshop uses yoga to ease MS

"Krentzin credits the yoga class with improving her balance and reducing her fatigue and pain. Multiple sclerosis is a chronic neurological disease that affects the central nervous system.

"So many people think they can't do this, but they can," Krentzin said. "For me to be able to do this is a big thing."

Link
Read more : Southfield workshop uses yoga to ease MS | Views : 1446 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Peer review process

(This is somewhat off-topic from the original thread "EBV and MS" so I moved it out.)

Bob,

Regarding the peer review process: Arrr!!! Me thinks you have some misgivings about the pirates' code!

Some might think of it as a necessary evil, but overall it works well. What would be the alternatives? You have a boiling pot of good and bad science, big egos versus bigger egos, lots of time and careers invested with publication ...
Read more : Peer review process | Views : 1747 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234319 • Total topics 25197 • Total members 16414

Contact us | Terms of Service