It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

My Pharmacist's take on LDN

After finishing my first 3-month supply of LDN I phoned in my refill to my compounding pharmacy today. The pharmacist asked me how I felt and I told him that since I started taking LDN I have had no MS symptoms and my energy levels have returned to normal. I also added that I understand that this could be totally normal in RRMS and LDN may or may not be attributable to my symptom improvement. ...
Read more : My Pharmacist's take on LDN | Views : 2580 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Categorizing pain?

From reading this forum, I understand that nobody's MS is the same and perhaps I am still in partial denial of my DX. I believe that the numbness and tingling I have in my hands and arms are attributed to MS. Sometimes they will ache also. I have tingling and numbness in my feet. I have had deep aching in my lower legs, occasional cramping in my feet. I attribute this to MS. I cannot ...
Read more : Categorizing pain? | Views : 1295 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from Washington Coast

I have been reading information on this site, searching for answers, since my "definite" diagnosis a year ago. I'm 43, married 25 years to a good man, two wonderful children, 23 and 20. Have four cats, one longhair domestic, a long hair Manx and two Bengal's. Also have three dogs, a mastiff and two border collies. In the past three years I have gone from being in excellent physical shape, able to run a mile ...
Read more : Hello from Washington Coast | Views : 1610 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Unraveling how brain insulation is damaged

Here's an interesting article I just ran across.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/nationa ... 51221.html

Dunmann.
Read more : Unraveling how brain insulation is damaged | Views : 1212 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Immunology Database

Interesting effort from an unexpected source...

Northrop Grumman, UT Southwestern Build Biodefense Resources

December 21, 2005 - Fighting bioterrorism and infectious disease is not part of the usual IT job description. But Northrop Grumman’s IT sector routinely moves beyond the usual, having garnered two multimillion-dollar bioinformatics development contracts since 2004.

ImmPort, Immunology Database and Analysis Portal, is the result of a six-year, $29.6 million contract awarded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases ...
Read more : Immunology Database | Views : 918 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

pins & needles

new symptom appeared today... pins & needles on right hand and arm up to elbow. read this is a common symptom of ms. just never had it before anyone else having this? my right leg and back have been the problem areas. so now my right arm? also been having bad cramping of both feet. could it be the cold weather bringing out these new surprises? linda
Read more : pins & needles | Views : 10243 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cells

Dear all,

Stem cells are often suggested as being a potential future treatment for MS. One of the UK's leading experts (MS and stem cells is Professor Neil Scolding). The UK MS Society recently held a question and answer session with Professor Scolding - see link below. My questions are under the name Bickley.

Hope it is of interest.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/application ... _id=101215

Ian
Read more : Stem Cells | Views : 2279 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Nutra Pharma Reports Discovery of New Gene Involved in MS

This came out today!

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 19, 2005--Nutra Pharma Corp., (OTCBB:NPHC) a biotechnology holding company that owns rights to intellectual property related to the development of drugs for HIV and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) has announced that their continuing microarray studies have identified a new gene involved in the disease process of Multiple Sclerosis. Although the gene and some of its functions are already known, this is the first evidence of involvement with the ...
Read more : Nutra Pharma Reports Discovery of New Gene Involved in MS | Views : 1229 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

BHT-3009

This is old news, but Bayhill just decided to do this press release I guess...

Scientists Demonstrate Investigational MS Drug Down Regulates the Underlying Cause Believed Responsible for Multiple Sclerosis

BUSINESS WIRE - Dec. 19, 2005 - Scientists at Bayhill Therapeutics report promising findings for an investigational multiple sclerosis (MS) drug, BHT-3009, which represents a novel DNA plasmid-based approach for the treatment of the life-threatening disease.

In a number of patients with myelin basic protein ...
Read more : BHT-3009 | Views : 2298 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Alcohol and Chocolate are good for you :}

Heres a good short article on how not to believe all you read:

A wee dram cuts obesity risk? It's not that simple

Ben Goldacre
Saturday December 17, 2005
The Guardian

Christmas is a time for pedantic family disputes, and newspaper stories about how alcohol and chocolate are good for you. This week, the Daily Mail reported on a scientific study which reported an observation from survey data: that people who drink alcohol in moderation ...
Read more : Alcohol and Chocolate are good for you :} | Views : 925 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218765 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14196