It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Body by Jake

Jake,

Good to meet you. Your fears are my fears - I often make lists of all the things that I won't (or don't think) I'll be doing with my five year old son that I planned to do (teach him tennis, scuba diving, go camping). And the worse thing is watching all the smoking / beer-bellied dads who turn up to my son's (and their son's) football (soccer in the US) each week. The ...
Read more : Body by Jake | Views : 1710 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Piggy brain cells

Dear all,

If you're going to replace lost brain cells why not make a pig of yourself (literally)! See attached link.

This method is being used for another CNS disease but no doubt will come to the aid of MS in due course. With pig brain cells and goat serum, I don't think I'll be able to tick 'human' in my next passport application.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4137466.stm

Bromley

PS I'm on ...
Read more : Piggy brain cells | Views : 812 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

How many DX w/ MS are on the antibiotics regimens

Hello Folks.

I'm new to this board and am looking forward to getting started on the antibiotics regimen but first I need to finish up a few things w/ a drug study for Rituxan that I'm involved in @ Vandy.

So I have a couple weeks before that is over with and thought I'd try to do a little survey to see how many of us DX w/ MS and what type of MS - ...
Read more : How many DX w/ MS are on the antibiotics regimens | Views : 2605 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Regimens

My Adventures in MS

Dear LifeontheIce

I just found a message for you answering your question a month ago. I believe I have sasid a few times that I am rether inept on the computer and I really had to laugh at that - I sent it to myself! I very much appreciated your inquiry and apologize for the late response.

The question was about my acquisition of my antibiotics.

My husband is a pediatrician and my regular doctor ...
Read more : My Adventures in MS | Views : 2814 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Regimens

Interesting drugs companies

Dear all,

In addition to the big drugs companies who have made lots of money out of MS, there are a number of smaller companies doing novel things (e.g. my previous postings on a NZ company called Neuren).

Attached is the link to another company (Accordia Therapeutics) who are doing some interesting work in relation to MS.

http://www.acorda.com/

Some of their pipleine therapies look interesting.

Bromley
Read more : Interesting drugs companies | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

NMSS awards $15.6 mil for neuroprotection & repair resea

Look Bromley, somebody is listening!

$30 Million "Promise 2010" Initiative Launched to Propel MS Research and Care

$15.6 Million Awarded for Nervous System Repair in MS—largest amount in history to go to targeted MS research

August 10, 2005—The largest awards ever made for research aimed at protecting and reversing neurological damage and restoring function in people with multiple sclerosis (MS) are going to four teams in the U.S. and Europe, who will use $15.6 million ...
Read more : NMSS awards $15.6 mil for neuroprotection & repair resea | Views : 1028 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Promise 2010

Dear all,

As usual the US always does things bigger and better. The following is from the US MS Society website and announces a massive amount of funding for research. I note that the Canadian and UK MS Societies have recently introduced new initiatives (e.g the Cambridge Myelin Repair project) but the sums involved are tiny compared to the US. In addition, there are other projects such as the Myelin Repair Foundation which are pushing ...
Read more : Promise 2010 | Views : 1093 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Second anniversary since starting treatment

Copied from the Regimens section, because I don't want the bit about pseudo relapses versus real relapses to go unmissed.

Either Monday or yesterday was exactly two years since starting the antibiotic treatment. These last two years have been very strange ones, to say the least. Not being someone generally inclined to post on forums or either look at them come to that, six months into the treatment, with an amazingly improved MRI scan (for ...
Read more : Second anniversary since starting treatment | Views : 4658 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Antibiotics

Tovaxin

Dear all,

Results from the Phase I / II Tovaxin trial are to be presented at the ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS conference at the end of September / early October 2005. Tim who is participating in the trial has posted his experience on this site - and has seen good results. Unlike the ABCRs this treatment does appear to improve EDSS ratings which, to me, is more important than relapse rates (although Tim has not experienced ...
Read more : Tovaxin | Views : 1477 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Introduction

Hello. I'm new here too. This is a really neat site!! I appreciate all the info that's posted and the articles and research. I was diagonsed with MS 2 years ago this month. I was 28 years old. I have RRMS and I'm still trying to get use to it. It's been up and down, but I'm starting to accept it. I'm glad to be part of a community of people who know MS and ...
Read more : Introduction | Views : 1376 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216351 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13904