It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

echinacea for ms!?!

i think i'm going to guinea pig myself and try it! if the auto-immune theory is disputed, and if the home page article says more natural killer cells are good, then hell yea! i'd say that speaks to the good ol' virus theory, wot wot? i'm throwing immune system caution to the wind and takin me some echinacea.

Biogerontology. 2005;6(3):157-63.
Enhancement of natural killer cells and increased survival of aging mice fed daily Echinacea root ...
Read more : echinacea for ms!?! | Views : 1890 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Understanding MS 101: Doctor Talk and People Talk

In trying to explore various issues relating to supplements, I realized that I needed a more detailed understanding of just how exactly MS works and demyelination comes to be. So this is a thread that is strictly for trying to understand what is known and unknown about how the disease process happens. I realize that a lot of you understand all this, but for me (and I figure there are a few more others like ...
Read more : Understanding MS 101: Doctor Talk and People Talk | Views : 12119 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

More research

The NMSS has announced even more funding for MS research. You can't say they aren't trying!

Ian

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research-2006Mar30.asp
Read more : More research | Views : 944 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Any SP MSer's take Tysabri?

Did anyone take Tysabri that was SP? And did it improve you any? I thought I had read about some that did.
Read more : Any SP MSer's take Tysabri? | Views : 2693 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Bone marrow transplant

The Canadian MS society has been funding a bone marrow transplant project -run by Dr Mark Freedman. They take away some bone marrow and freeze it and then kill off your immune system with chemo drugs. The bone marrow is then used to give you a new immune system - hopefully free of the immune cells that are thought to cause MS. The treatment is pretty extreme and one brave patient died. To date some ...
Read more : Bone marrow transplant | Views : 1959 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Experiences with Rebif

This is a call for our members who currently are, or previously have taken, Rebif for the treatment of MS to please share your experiences with the therapy at a new project that has sprung out of our work at This is MS, aptly titled "the Experience Project"

Born out of our experiences (no pun intended) here at This is MS, where a wonderful community has formed based (originally) on shared and common experience, the ...
Read more : Experiences with Rebif | Views : 6472 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Rebif

Experiences with Statins for MS

This is a call for our members who currently are, or previously have taken, Statins for the treatment of MS to please post your experiences with the therapy at a new project that has sprung out of our work at This is MS, aptly titled "the Experience Project"

Born out of our experiences (no pun intended) here at This is MS, where a wonderful community has formed based (originally) on shared and common experience, the ...
Read more : Experiences with Statins for MS | Views : 7829 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Statins

cannabis may work

Cannabis truly helps people with multiple sclerosis 30 March 2006
Cannabis may loosen the stiff and spastic muscles of people with multiple sclerosis, and not just their minds, a follow-up study has found.
The results contradict findings from the first phase of the study, where improvements seemed to be largely due to "good moods".

“There does seem to be evidence of some benefit from cannabis in the longer term that we didn’t anticipate in the ...
Read more : cannabis may work | Views : 1056 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Experiences with Avonex

This is a call for our members who currently are, or previously have taken, Avonex for the treatment of MS to please share your experiences with the therapy at an exciting new project that has sprung out of our work at This is MS, aptly titled "the Experience Project"

Born out of our experiences (no pun intended) here at This is MS, where a wonderful community has formed based (originally) on shared and common experience, ...
Read more : Experiences with Avonex | Views : 9380 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Avonex

Hi Everyone

Hi I'm Julie, I'm 26 & from Leeds (UK).
I don't actually suffer from MS myself but my partner was diagnosed with it in 2002 & is currently on Rebif. I also have a four year old daughter.

Look forward to chatting with you all :D .
Read more : Hi Everyone | Views : 1402 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221014 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service