It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Great! All the main pieces are together.

The Roxithromycin, the last of the antibiotics arrived in the post today.

Was going to wait till I had my LP to get a baseline to compare to but it seems like my condition is spiraling downward very quickly. I don't believe I have the luxury to wait for the LP. So I'm going to give the antibiotics a shot tomorrow morning with the intention of arresting the spiral downfall @ least but hopefully much ...
Read more : Great! All the main pieces are together. | Views : 2467 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Regimens

MS and viruses

Dear all,

Many researchers in the past have suggested that MS may be triggered by a virus / or that a virus might be involved somehow. To date no specific virus has been proved although EBV seems to be a strong contender (my only teenage illness was a bad bout of Glandular Fever). Outbreaks of MS might also suggest a virus (or CPn). The following paper is about MS and viruses in Scotland where the ...
Read more : MS and viruses | Views : 1147 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Back late 05 or early 06?

A link to another Tysabri article. This one (like some others) considers that the treatment could be re-introduced in the US in late 05 or early 06.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j372244535&w=464753

Try some HarryZ - you know you want to! :lol:

Bromley
Read more : Back late 05 or early 06? | Views : 2042 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

More collaboration to understand the brain

Another really promising international collaboration...

Global scientific research project launched to improve understanding of the human brain

(2005-08-11)

Seven member countries of the OECD's Global Science Forum have launched a project to promote international collaboration among scientists and create new ways of sharing and analysing data to improve our understanding of how the human brain works.

Advances in information technology are enabling scientists to develop increasingly sophisticated methods of measuring a brain's functions. To spur ...
Read more : More collaboration to understand the brain | Views : 852 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New from Lisbon

Hi!

I’m new in this forum and I have been reading your post with interest. I would like to introduce myself. I’m 45 years old women, live in Lisbon and I have MS since 1989. Since 2000, I think MS became progressive.
My brain it’s not been affected (until now) and my big problem is my legs, I need canes to walk and I get tired very soon. I’m always trying to find something new ...
Read more : New from Lisbon | Views : 5083 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Antibiotics

V. significant research

BBC are reporting "The world's first pure batch of nerve stem cells made from human stem cells has been created at Edinburgh University". See Bromley's post in the Stem Cell forum http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1412.

(Thought this story deserved wider attention :) )
Read more : V. significant research | Views : 914 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Neural stem cells

Dear all,

Another advance in nerve stem cells. This is one area where advances are being reported almost every week. Somewhere along the line this must benefit us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4155016.stm

Bromley
Read more : Neural stem cells | Views : 1562 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Lamictal

Anybody ever taken Lamictal?
Read more : Lamictal | Views : 909 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

What is LDN

Hi everyone I am very new to all of this. I hear alot about LDN but have never really heard what it is. I have a box of Avonex in my fridge and after 2 months still haven't tried it. It cost me $615.00, the Drs. just scared me so much into ordering it and once it got here I started to freak out.

It seems like the side effects could be so hard on ...
Read more : What is LDN | Views : 1839 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Anti-biotics - had your fill of them?

Dear all,

The great plus point about this site is it's scientific approach and the fact that debates are undertaken on a range of issues. Current and possible future treatments are discussed e.g. stem cells, statins. Dignan's work on all the treatments currently in trial provides us with hope and a good source of information when we visits our neuros to discuss treatment options. Well informed discussions have also taken place on the Tysabri fiasco. ...
Read more : Anti-biotics - had your fill of them? | Views : 7993 | Replies : 46 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216586 • Total topics 22129 • Total members 13918