It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

My Adventures in MS

MY adventures! I am certainly not alone. This amzing group has life at its worst and best. With such a gathering of minds perhaps I can get a sounding for a dilemma which will just color things up a bit.

In Feb 05 I quit my cholesterol-lowering drug because my liver functions were so high. For a month I was off Rifampin and Doxy and Flagyl, then started again when they went down. Last month ...
Read more : My Adventures in MS | Views : 2996 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Personal Data collection

This is a call to all abx users to begin to collect data. This will give more objective feedback as to how people are doing on the regimen and will provide the incentive to fund more trials.

I have kept personal data on my own ability to perform activity at the gym on the crossrobics or the elipse for several years. I did this because I read that ALCAR (acetyl l-carnitine) could help stroke victims ...
Read more : Personal Data collection | Views : 2679 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

Early treatment

I read everywhere that the earlier you get on a treatment plan the better your results. My Question is what is considered early and where are you sitting on the EDSS scale to be early enough? Hubby had his first attack in 1998 but was not diagnosed till Jan 2005 after his second attack in Aug of 2004. It then took till July 4 2005 to be finally put on treatment. He is 2.5 on ...
Read more : Early treatment | Views : 2255 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Officials to study multiple sclerosis in Lorain County

More From The Plain Dealer | Subscribe To The Plain Dealer
Officials to study multiple sclerosis in Lorain County
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Molly Kavanaugh
Plain Dealer Reporter
Carlisle Township - Lorain County, home to an unusually high rate of multiple sclerosis, will be part of a groundbreaking national study examin ing environmental and genetic factors that may lead to the disease.

Federal, state and local health officials announced the three-year project Wednesday as they ...
Read more : Officials to study multiple sclerosis in Lorain County | Views : 1181 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline - stomach

My 20 year old daughter just started the Minocycline a month ago but is now complaining of severe heartburn, upset stomach, etc. Does anyone on the Minocycline have this problem & what have you used to help. Over the counter antacids don't work. Taking the Minocycline 100 mg x2 a day, she is also taking aspirin x2 a day (was on provigil but was told to try the aspirin for fatigue), she is still doing ...
Read more : Minocycline - stomach | Views : 1996 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Biogen, Elan sued for allegedly concealing MS drug risks

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stori ... 1752087487

Boston Business Journal

A patient is suing Biogen Idec and Elan Corp. PLC, accusing them of concealing risks of their multiple-sclerosis drug Tysabri before withdrawing it from the market.

Bloomberg News reported that the patient filed a federal court suit in San Francisco claiming both companies knew the ...

Watching viruses at work

Better understanding of viruses...maybe we'll actually be able to figure out what their role is in MS.

The Deadly Art of Viral Cinema

Her studio is a biophysics lab, her camera a microscope. And she's changing the way we see - and fight - disease.

August 3, 2005 - Wired - By Jonathon Keats

Xiaowei Zhuang makes snuff films. First, she isolates her victims. Then she forces them into a closed chamber, surrounds them with ...
Read more : Watching viruses at work | Views : 1001 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

true story

So, like I begged and whined to my company that I really wanted a fancy PDA/phone. I thought it would help me keep track of things and deal with my MS shortcomings. At first, they gave me an old one, a Treo 300. I liked it okay but the funny thing is that one day I left it on top of the van when I was putting my kids into the van. I confessed to ...
Read more : true story | Views : 1962 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Not sure if it has been posted as of yet

Do Bacteria or Viruses Cause MS?

by John C. Martin
Article Date: 07-08-05

The origins of multiple sclerosis apparently lie in an abnormal assault by the body's immune system against certain parts of the central nervous system, which include the brain and spinal cord.1

Similar Proteins Targeted?
Though it hasn't been clear as to the cause of this immune system miscue, a new study from Switzerland suggests that a certain bacterium or virus may be ...
Read more : Not sure if it has been posted as of yet | Views : 1220 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Very Mind Opening

Faith and the Placebo Effect by Lolette Kuby. The author's personal experience was with cancer, but her theories apply to every health condition.

With MS we get so scattered and fragmented keeping up with research, changing our individual tactics, etc. This author's ideas have helped me streamline some of the mental clutter and focus on the larger most important part of the picture.

Don't be put off by the title. Well researched, well written.
Read more : Very Mind Opening | Views : 2224 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216288 • Total topics 22099 • Total members 13898