It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:31 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Fampridine

Does anyone know when we can expect Fampridine to be approved for MS? The person who was screening trial participants a few months ago told me that it would be later this year.
Read more : Fampridine | Views : 3591 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

neural precursor cells

Israeli scientists have injected neural precursor cells into the brains of mice with EAE with some success. One of the authors was Ben-Hur - good to see that he does more than race chariots against the Romans.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... d_neu.html
Read more : neural precursor cells | Views : 1259 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

laquinimod

From memory this drug is in human trials but they are still testing it on mice, with the usual good results.

But I think what they are trying to say is you can take it with the interferons - in other words double your money for the drugs companies (but will be packaged as more effective combination treatments).

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... of_th.html
Read more : laquinimod | Views : 1379 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Patent for MS Diagnosis

This was posted on the MS News website (http://www.bostoncure.org:8080) but I thought it would be prudent to post it here as well.

This is a U.S. patent that "relates generally to the field of diagnosis, treatment assessment and prognosis." By means of "Peripheral blood cell markers." It's definitely worth a read as it attempts to explain my facets of MS.

http://www.freshpatents.com/Peripheral- ... 003327.php ...
Read more : Patent for MS Diagnosis | Views : 836 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another Tysabri article

Dear all,

Another Tysabri article, but it raises issues that have been discussed before - what sort of patients are enrolled into trials. Of course, the drug makers would prefer those with mild disease / early disease, then they could show that the patients didn't progress / had minimal relapses or inflammatory activity. It's a bit like some of the selective schools in the UK who only take on the brightest kids and then get ...
Read more : Another Tysabri article | Views : 2019 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

stem cells in US

The following article was posted on the MSRC website today.
At least the company is attempting to collect data on the patients - unlike, I understand, the stem cell company in Holland where several UK MS sufferers have gone.

But I'm still very cautious as to the real benefits from these procedures. Paying all that money to get cold feet doesn't strike me as value for money. UK neuro's are advising patients against such stem ...
Read more : stem cells in US | Views : 1403 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

JOINT PAIN

Hi,

I have suffered with severe joint pain for around three years. My doctor recently did a bone density scan and that was ok. I upped my calcium intake anyway and within two days of doing so my pain had disappeared. I now take 2000 mg calcium daily and have been doing so for the past month and am still pain free. Don't understand why but it's wonderful to feel like moving around again. ...
Read more : JOINT PAIN | Views : 1219 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Help with MRI finding

Hello my name is Stephanie and I am new here ,, have a question
i just had a MRI with contrast and this is the finding ,,
6mm CSF signal intensity lesion involving the left temporal lobe medially and most likely related to a small choriod fissure cyst and an incidental finding
what it say what it say ???
thank you stephanie
does this have anything to do with ms
Read more : Help with MRI finding | Views : 1491 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Deep Brain Stimulation?

:?: Hi,new member here! Looks like a very useful website. I am looking for people who have had the Deep Brain Stimulatiion surgery done for MS tremor relief. My sister-in-law suffers badly from tremors and her neurologist is having her look into DBS. I know this has been done for Parkinson's but wanted to see if I could find anyone with MS with real-world experience in this ...
Read more : Deep Brain Stimulation? | Views : 880 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

B cells

To date much of the focus of MS research has been in relation to T cells. Several research papers have pointed to B cells as having an involvement in the pathogenesis of MS and perhaps in terms of axonal damage. I have previously posted on the drug Rituximab which depletes B cells and has shown promising results. This drug is being tested in RR, SP and PP MS.

The NMSS is funding research in relation ...
Read more : B cells | Views : 1104 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220105 • Total topics 22760 • Total members 14366

Contact us | Terms of Service