It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS and Colds

Recently I read few posts suggesting that people with MS are less susceptible to regular colds. The hypothesis was that a hyper-active immune system associated with MS is protective against regular colds. Is this a myth or a fact? Some of these messages further suggested that the return of cold symptoms (after long periods without colds) are indicative of a successful treatment (ABCR). I would be interested to hear personal opinions or any information of ...
Read more : MS and Colds | Views : 1463 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Another research finding

Given that Christmas is coming, the researchers are pushing out the boat to endure they receive their Christmas bonuses.

<shortened url>
Read more : Another research finding | Views : 961 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

cannaboids

I hope I haven't posted this before:

Marijuana derivatives or "cannabinoids" taken for one year for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) may reduce muscle spasms and other aspects of disability, results of a UK study suggest.

Dr. J. P. Zajicek, from Peninsula Medical School in Plymouth and colleagues previously reported that cannabinoids taken for 14 weeks appeared to improve mobility and patients' perception of their MS symptoms. In an extension study, 80 percent of ...
Read more : cannaboids | Views : 1498 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

hibernation and ms

It seems the colder and more wintery it gets here in NJ, the more time i spend horizontal. Walking w/definite limp of affected leg and tipping over on occasion. Makes me hesitant to go outside because of winter weather. More comfortable horizontal and taking naps. Hot summer weather knocked me out too. Is this normal for ms? Is it forever? I was diagnosed definitely in July, so still a little new at it. On copaxone ...
Read more : hibernation and ms | Views : 1382 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

CCR2 antagonists

They are offering me a study on this now. Does anyone know of this category of meds. I read a bit on them on the net. They have one made by Pfizer called INCB3284. Apparently it stops the macrophages from causing too
much damage at the site of the inflammation. Little side effects reported.
Given by infusion.... My neurologist decided not to do the study on FTY720! (very upsetting)

so, they offer me this..Any info ...
Read more : CCR2 antagonists | Views : 2561 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Prognosis for future patients

Is the general feeling that those who will be diagnosed 5 years from today will benefit greatly from todays drug pipeline and perhaps never see any significant disability? It seems as if the scientific community has learned more about MS over the past 10 years than the past 100 years prior to that and hopefully one of the drugs in dignan's pipeline is the breakthrough that stops MS progression (and not just reduces relapses by ...
Read more : Prognosis for future patients | Views : 3984 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem Cells Questions

The UK MS Society is holding an ask the expert session with Dr Neil Scolding who is undertaking research on stem cells to repair myelin etc.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/application ... _id=101215

Anyone can register and then ask a question. Not all are answered but the questions that are, and the answers, are posted on the site.

Ian
Read more : Stem Cells Questions | Views : 1193 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Tem nets

Hi everybody,
I know my question doesn´t belong to this forum, but maybe somebody can help me.

I´m an europien patient with MS, I don´t spek english as a mother tongue. Today we got in a school Topics for essay writeing( I have one course in English language)

The topic is:
"Team nets
how to work effectively, well and co-operatively
networks of people in teams, crossing traditional boundaries, the co-opetition dynamic, cooperation/competition- intristic in every ...
Read more : Tem nets | Views : 1169 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Alpha4 intergrin

Some research on Alpha4 integrin. Point to note that guinea pigs were used!

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... _of_a.html
Read more : Alpha4 intergrin | Views : 916 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Research

Read more : Research | Views : 3218 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218670 • Total topics 22533 • Total members 14180