It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rituxumab Study for PPMS (OLYMPUS Trial): When will we know?

The OLYMPUS Trial officially ended this month. Does anyone know why this study was extended? Was it a FDA decision? I was told today of the extension by a chief clinical investigator who said the study will not be unblinded until all results are in and that will be within a year. Anecdotally the results seem positive, so I don't get it.
Read more : Rituxumab Study for PPMS (OLYMPUS Trial): When will we know? | Views : 8932 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Vibraslim Vibration Exercise Equipment

Hi Everyone,

Wow! :o I purchased one about 2 week ago, fairly expensive but worth every penny $1,760.00 including shipping. I have RRMS DX 2001. Can walk short distances only within my home and only with the aid of a walker. I can stand holding onto my walker for 10 to 12 minutes. Well I have gained weight and tryed PT for stiff legs and my arms ...
Read more : Vibraslim Vibration Exercise Equipment | Views : 4129 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Is there anything you can do to offset post-birth relapses?

Hi all
some of you have wished me well on this pregnancy after a fair few miscarriages....currently 24 wks pregnant and doing ok. A bit of spasticity in my legs and the "blue spot of death" in my eye, but otherwise I'm ignoring the MS for the moment!
I know my rate for a relapse goes up by 70% or so after I give birth - MS always has THE most awful timing!

Just wondering ...
Read more : Is there anything you can do to offset post-birth relapses? | Views : 2307 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Health Insurance Denial

Hey guys,

I have a little snit to get off my chest. I was reading threads out here and saw in the little advertisement window at the top a link to "MONTEL WILLIAMS SCLEROSIS" for health insurance quotes. I just wanted to get an idea what policies would cost were I to go out today with my diagosis to get health insurance for my family (I currently have insurance so I was really just curious), ...
Read more : Health Insurance Denial | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Structural insight into the role of myelin basic protein...
...This change in MBP conformation would free the epitope for T cell recognition and suggests a mechanism of action potentially initiated by alterations in myelin structure. This hypothesis is supported by a recent study describing antibody enzymes (abzymes) that catalyze MBP in a site-specific degradation (3). The C8 MBP isoform is also more abundant in immature myelin, and results of this study support the hypothesis that myelin structure in MS is developmentally immature (4), contributing ...
Read more : Structural insight into the role of myelin basic protein... | Views : 1443 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Therapies for MS

The UK MS Society has launched a new facility on its website about therapies such as LDN and Aimspro:
Read more : Therapies for MS | Views : 2185 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Private Messages

Is there a trick to getting you PM's to go? I've had one in my outbox for about 24 hours. Do I need to log out?
Read more : Private Messages | Views : 1755 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

An interesting article about depression

I always felt my husband's depression was caused directly by his illness rather than because he felt bad because he knew he was ill...if you know what I mean: ... sed_brain/
Read more : An interesting article about depression | Views : 1504 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm kinda reticent to do this, because I'm sensitive to everyone's varying levels of ability/disability and in general, I'm a bit wary of making proclamations... but I had a mini revelation this week...

We had a good report from my husband's neurologist. She's pleased with his lack of exacerbations or attacks since his dx last March. In trying to understand why his function is so high, especially with his high lesion load (over 20 on ...
Read more : Music... | Views : 1842 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234593 • Total topics 25253 • Total members 16462

Contact us | Terms of Service