It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Low dose pesticides

Here's an interesting discussion from the BBC's Farming Today This Week programme. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/fttw

You hear a contributor, a lady with MS, describing a cluster of people, 5 in all, from a small village in the South of England each of whom contracted MS. She attributes this to the use and drift of pesticides locally.
Read more : Low dose pesticides | Views : 1348 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

2nd MSRC Stem Cell Therapy Chat Session

Dear All,

It is becoming obvious that there is a great need and demand for another of our very successful SCT live chat sessions, therefore I would like to propose next Sunday 2nd April at 6.30pm UK Summer time. If you are abroad I am not sure what time that will be for you as not sure when individual countries change their clocks. To give you some idea I am posting this at 3.55pm uk ...
Read more : 2nd MSRC Stem Cell Therapy Chat Session | Views : 1414 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

acupuncture

has anyone tried acupuncture for ms? trying to find out more on the topic. seems it could help w/energy and lessening pain.. linda
Read more : acupuncture | Views : 1624 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

marble on mri

seems we're all in hibernation for the winter. just wanted to check in on how everyone is doing.

had an mri w/contrast recently. number and location of white spots were unchanged... but a spot on the left side of my brain showed up. neuro said it's about the size of a marble, and definitely active disease. have been feeling worse for a while.

neuro leaving meds (statin, copaxone, cymbalta) the same. few if any new ...
Read more : marble on mri | Views : 3576 | Replies : 2 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Balls

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive but would women really want their brains repaired with stem-cells from testicles?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4841786.stm
Read more : Balls | Views : 3028 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

NNZ-2566

This is one of the drugs in the pipeline at Neuren. It is a neuro-protective drug and pre-clinical results look promising. I think it has just entered into Phase 1 human trials.

See 22 March news on the company's website.

Let's hope that the human trial results are as good

<shortened url>
Read more : NNZ-2566 | Views : 1314 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Epidemiology Task Force

An epidemiology task force is being set up to look at numbers with MS / clusters etc.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research-2006Mar24.asp
Read more : Epidemiology Task Force | Views : 813 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anti-bodies

In my view, some of the research that holds most promise is the research on tissue from MS sufferers. A talk by the UK MS Tissue Bank is taking place next week (I can't attend but will try to get hold of the material or see what is posted on the UK MS website). I'm particularly interested in the third element of the presentation - the antibodies produced within the CNS. If such anti-bodies were ...
Read more : Anti-bodies | Views : 955 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

PARACTIN

After new articles on the potential benefits of PPARgamma agonists, I looked for "natural" PPARgamma agonists and found a product called "PARACTIN". They clame to be a natural PPARgamma agonist, also used for arthritis etc....

Anyone heart of PARACTIN before ?

Regards,
Degerlache
Read more : PARACTIN | Views : 1759 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Hormones and pregnancy

A nice story - although it also shows what a vile disease this is.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j494245796&w=464753
Read more : Hormones and pregnancy | Views : 955 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220978 • Total topics 22910 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service