It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:07 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MRI after 10 months on LDN

Hi all.

On Thursday I got my MRI results. I had a brain and an upper spinal cord MRI last Monday. No new lesions in my spinal cord, 1 lesion went away from my brain, 1 has shrunk and is fading away and 1 new lesion, but I am sure it appeared while I was not on LDN, because the last time I had had a brain MRI was two years ago, March 2004.

A ...
Read more : MRI after 10 months on LDN | Views : 4613 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Established/Published Regimens

I'm interested in comparing a number of published regimens to see how they compare and contrast and then study the differences. Meaning, I'm looking for ones that are "publicly out there" and have had a good bit of public scrutiny. I've identified 3 so far:

The one in the Allen Bowling book
The best bet one the Direct-ms website
The one in the Judy Graham book

I'm not interested in ones that are developed by ...
Read more : Established/Published Regimens | Views : 1960 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Lipitor

The following news of a trial of copaxone and lipitor was posted on the general discussion thread.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j489237112&w=464753

I know that human trials are on-going. I have an appointment with my neurologist next Wednesday and will ask about Lipitor (I am taking Rebif). I am going to ask him what are the reasons for not starting Lipitor. He tends to be very evidence-based and will say that there haven't ...
Read more : Lipitor | Views : 4163 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Statins

How We Get Fooled

Well, here I am going to talk only about how we get fooled by research on anything but for us specifically CRABS. I've wanted to do this for a long time. I am taking abx, but this is not related so if that's not your thing read on with confidence, it's about trials and how they work. People put huge faith in trials, less in personal experiences. This seems scientific and wise. But do we ...
Read more : How We Get Fooled | Views : 3324 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Figuring out viruses

Hopefully one day in the not-too-distant future they can apply this technology to some of the viruses implicated in MS like EBV and HHV6a.

Supercomputer builds a virus - Vast simulation captures molecules in motion.

Nature - One of the world's most powerful supercomputers has conjured a fleeting moment in the life of a virus. The researchers say the simulation is the first to capture a whole biological organism in such intricate molecular detail.

The ...
Read more : Figuring out viruses | Views : 1032 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Dr Steinman webcast

Transcript of Friday's NMSS webcast is attached. Ths one is with Dr Steinman and is about discovering better treatments. He mentions a DNA vaccine in trail and another trial of Altered Peptide Ligand (hope I've got the spelling right and that it wasn't the APL trial that was recently pulled). he also mentions FTY720.

On the down side he was asked why different sufferers have different responses to treatments. He said that it can depend ...
Read more : Dr Steinman webcast | Views : 1142 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Sativex - not much use for spasticity

GW Pharma slumped today after the maker of cannabis medicines revealed some disappointing results from a recent Sativex study.
The company reported that results from Phase III studies into the cannabis-based medicine Sativex failed to reach statistical significance.

The trial was supposed to identify whether Sativex could be used to treat the relief of spasticity in people with Multiple Sclerosis.

"Analysis of the Intention to Treat population - incorporating all patients regardless of whether they ...
Read more : Sativex - not much use for spasticity | Views : 1209 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

HTML?

I'm confused. My profile is set to always allow html yet when I go to make a post, it indicates that html is off. Is there a way to enable html? It would be great to use it to create <sup>superscript</sup> and <sub>subscript</sub> characters (assuming the preceeding formatting would work correctly within the forum).

Thanks, NHE
Read more : HTML? | Views : 2095 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

Headaches

I've suffered from headaches since I was a teenager. I used to think they were sinus headaches and always medicated myself accordingly. I had a headache for months after my first MS attack. I finally went to ENT who told me my headaches were from muscle tension. This seems consistent with my other symptoms but I would like to hear from someone else who has MS and headaches. Do you have headaches and if so, ...
Read more : Headaches | Views : 1540 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Not sure if this has been posted

Public release date: 16-Mar-2006

press_releases@the-jci.org
212-342-9006
Journal of Clinical Investigation

Combining multiple treatments improves multiple sclerosis therapy
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory autoimmune disease of the central nervous system (CNS) in which white blood cells known as lymphocytes attack the myelin insulation on nerves in the spinal cord and brain. Glatiramer acetate (GA) is a drug ...
Read more : Not sure if this has been posted | Views : 1628 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220832 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service