It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:34 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS drugs

Dear all,

The UK has an MS website called MSRC. They have a list of drugs (licenced and it trial) on the site. The list isn't anywhere near as comprehensive as Dignans, but when you click on each drug there is a link to press articles etc.

Tovaxin, Neurovax and Rituximab look the best of the bunch to me.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=57563484

Ian
Read more : MS drugs | Views : 1948 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Sativex Broadcast tonight

To: Division Communications Managers

All Ontario Staff

Ontario Chapter/ Unit Chairs

Ontario Chapter Administrators

Ontario Directors of Research Advocacy

Communications Update Special Distribution List

CBC will be broadcasting a story on the MS drug Sativex.

Date: The date of broadcast is Wednesday, January 12th, 2006

Time/Program:

CBC National TV: Canada Now with Ian Hanomansing, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
CBC Newsworld: in rotation, times unknown

Subject:

Sativex, an MS drug derived from cannibis and used for neuropathic ...
Read more : Sativex Broadcast tonight | Views : 947 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Suggestion for grouping discussion on research areas

Just an idea - for technical research discussions we might want to start some headers for topics of ongoing research, like infectious causes, mitochondrial dysfunction, endocrine dysfunction, metabolism issues, etc. Different people have different areas or research that they focus on, and it can get detailed. We are all working over different aspects of a very big elephant. So much get posted under "general discussion" and I can't remember the threads or where to go ...
Read more : Suggestion for grouping discussion on research areas | Views : 847 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

ACTS

Read more : ACTS | Views : 1114 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Rituximab

Read more : Rituximab | Views : 1284 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri Efficacy

Whether you believe Tysabri should come back or not, it is useful to understand the drug's efficacy. Elan did a presentation to an investor conference today, and there are some fascinating slides which illustrate the drug's effectiveness. The information is from the AFFIRM two year trial which compared Tysabri to placebo:

RELAPSES:
66% reduction in relapse rate in Year 1
67% reduction in relapse rate over Two Years
http://www.tixx.com/jpm2006/target14.html ...
Read more : Tysabri Efficacy | Views : 1872 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Rituxan Phase III for PPMS

I thought this was a typo a week or two ago when I saw mention of the latest Rituxan trial for PPMS being a Phase III trial, but this exerpt from a press release today says it again, so I guess it's not a typo.

Genentech Announces Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2005 Results

Tuesday January 10, 4:29 pm ET

Record Annual Revenues of $6.6 Billion Drive Year-Over-Year Non-GAAP EPS Growth of 54 Percent

SOUTH ...
Read more : Rituxan Phase III for PPMS | Views : 1542 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Advice on Supplements

Hello,

I am trying to add supplements to my diet that will benefit my health. Currently I am taking Copaxone, a multi-vitamin and cod liver oil.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything additional that may help me. I have been reading up on different supplements but there are so many I don't know where to start. If you could recommend your favorite supplements and tell me how they have helped you I would ...
Read more : Advice on Supplements | Views : 2831 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Natural Approach

fatigue

hey everyone,
can anyone give me a couple of suggestions to help with fatigue.i been having a heck of a time with the being tired all the time..no matter how much i rest take naps go to bed early i just cant seem to be rested or more my self....i thought i had experienced fatgue when my kids were babys and colicy.. but that was nothing compared to what i have now..i was just wondering ...
Read more : fatigue | Views : 1874 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Where are most of the patients on LDN?

I went to meeting last night and no one had ever heard of LDN. I had not either until looking at this site. Where are you all located? I am in Southeastern USA and want to know if there are others in the USA or is this a Canada or England thing?
Read more : Where are most of the patients on LDN? | Views : 3008 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219354 • Total topics 22635 • Total members 14268

Contact us | Terms of Service