It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:38 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Is this spasticity?

Having a hard time finding a truly enlightening definition, so here's what I've been experiencing.

Painful sensations in thigh. Tend to move around. Sometimes feels like knee is swollen (bad knee to begin with). Weird sensation on sole of foot. At its worst, weird sensation also felt around elbow of arm on the same side. Tends to be worse during sleep, presumably from lying on affected areas. Muscular tightness in thigh relieved somewhat by stretching ...
Read more : Is this spasticity? | Views : 2413 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello new to board

8O
Gosh, Hi! My name is Marie. I am a nurse and I've had MS for about 15 years. I am about an edss 4. I read pubmed all the time and am into the non autoimmune model for MS (big believer) and am also into antioxidants and other supplements. I also use LDN. It makes me have a sense of well being and improves my sleep ...
Read more : Hello new to board | Views : 1996 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Spouses that ALSO have MS

Last week, we started a very interesting thread in the Inroductions section regarding how often we should expect to see MS occur in BOTH a husband and a wife (or significant other). VladFT did an excellent
analysis of the statistics and came up with the expected number of such situations in the USA.

His conclusion:

"The total number of marriages with both partners having MS MUST be less then 114"

The entire thread, and his ...
Read more : Spouses that ALSO have MS | Views : 1145 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Private Messages

Hey Arron?

Lately, I've noticed that I've been getting a few emails notifying me that I have "private messages" waiting for me here, but when I check, there aren't any.

Weird............

Deb
Read more : Private Messages | Views : 2289 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

Aimspro injection. What to expect?

Hi all,

I have managed to get Aimspro, that will be delivered in the comming days.

I was hoping to get some information from someone else who has used it.

I am wondering what I can expect from injecting something that has JUST defrosted from -20C. What is it like injecting something that is SOOOOO cold into warm flesh?

I currently inject rebif 44 three times a week, after it has warmed to room temp. ...
Read more : Aimspro injection. What to expect? | Views : 5729 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Aimspro

Always an Anecdote

I started writing here in:

"Treating for Chlamydia Pneumoniae - a possible cause of MS"
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-1992.html#1992

Then changed to:

"Anecdote's Personal Treatment Regime"
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-600-0.html

Then started this new post:

An overdue update, whilst still waiting for my next MRI scan. I am starting a completely new posting because I seem to spend much of my time directing people to the following information, which can now be found in a separate posting in the Antibiotics section: ...
Read more : Always an Anecdote | Views : 24913 | Replies : 89 | Forum : Regimens

NEJM articles and editorial

Hi Everyone -

Thought I would point out that the New England Journal of Medicine out today has three articles following up on Tysabri and PML along with an editorial. I only get the abstracts and can't really tell what the key points are, but maybe one of you has better access or better insight into what is written.

- Arcee
Read more : NEJM articles and editorial | Views : 1781 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

worse straight after

Within a few minutes of injecting rebif, my symptoms (ie balance and weakness) are MUCH worse. does everyone get this same reaction?

I have been using rebif for the past 3.5 months.
Read more : worse straight after | Views : 2780 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Stem cells create functioning brain cells

Progress on neural stem cells seem to be picking up.

Scientists create working brain cells

July 28, 2005 -- Reuters -- Swedish researchers have created new functioning brain cells from stem cells drawn from the brains of living adults, sparking hope that effective treatments for devastating illnesses like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's could be at hand, media reported overnight.

Neurosurgeons withdrew the stem cells from the brains of adults during routine surgery for hydrocephalus, or water ...
Read more : Stem cells create functioning brain cells | Views : 1692 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS

Dear all,

The annual ECTRIMS / ACTRIMS get together is taking place in Greece in late September. For those interested I attach a link which sets out the programme. Neuro-protection is being discussed - which is good. As usual the same old companies are sponsoring the event. I particular like the tours that are offered.

http://www.akm.ch/ectrims2005/

Bromley
Read more : ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS | Views : 1776 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216314 • Total topics 22105 • Total members 13901