It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Biogen Sponsored Talks

I'm interested in attending an MS talk sponsored by MS Active Source (Biogen). I was wondering if anyone has been to these Biogen sponsored talks and what their experience has been. For example, are they actually informative, i.e., are they willing to discuss CAM treatments and other experimental therapies, or are they just reiterating the message that can be found in the CRAB literature?

Thanks, NHE
Read more : Biogen Sponsored Talks | Views : 1185 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Family/Celiac/multiple sclerosis

Not terribly exciting. But I was recently in contact with my brother, a rather infrequent occurance, and communicated to him that I may have MS, as useful family medical information. He responded that he has recently been diagnosed with celiac disease. That means three of four siblings in my family have a confirmed autoimmune disease. And my mother died two years ago in a confusion of conflicting diagnoses including RA and Lupus. Anyhow. I believe ...
Read more : Family/Celiac/multiple sclerosis | Views : 3046 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes

Her goal: Put MS out of business

Martha Crowninshield brokered high-stakes business deals all the time as a venture capitalist.

But never before had she been involved in a deal with a payoff that could help millions of people worldwide. Crowninshield is a major player in a landmark effort to search the human genome for genes that put people at risk for multiple sclerosis.

There's no cure for MS today, and even with the ...
Read more : Genes | Views : 859 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Harry Potter

Dear all,

I've always thought that we would need a wizard to crack this disease. J K Rowling is helping fund an MS research centre in Scotland.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edi ... 924202.stm
Read more : Harry Potter | Views : 936 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Apology to Sharon

In a response to another post on a different thread I made a sarcastic comment which, in retrospect, did nothing but contribute to the problem I was supposedly addressing: to promote a healthy community of discussion and information sharing. I apologize for this to Sharon and any others effected by it. Every time I "dash off" quick internet responses I find I may yield to impulse rather than thoughtfulness.

Sharon's response, however, contained other concerns ...
Read more : Apology to Sharon | Views : 1808 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Research on family members with and without MS

Interesting findings, but they haven't quite figured out what to make of them yet...

Italians make MS breakthrough

ANSA - April 19 - Italian scientists have made a breakthrough in multiple sclerosis research, showing that healthy relatives may hold the key to a long-elusive cure for the often devastating condition .

The brains of healthy family members have similar lesions to their relatives with MS but their cerebral tissue seems to have reacted to protect ...
Read more : Research on family members with and without MS | Views : 1090 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

vitamin YAY!!!!!!!!

ok get this: i was getting slowly better but then my daily b complex pill pushed my folic acid over the top and i started itching like mad.

i dropped the daily b complex to 3x/wk, and kept on with the b12. then i noticed that my last problem to resolve had taken a turn for the worse. my hands felt like dead slabs of meat on the ends of my arms (i could still ...
Read more : vitamin YAY!!!!!!!! | Views : 4545 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Regimens

MS & Lyme

Has anyone here tried the Salt & Vitamin C Protocol that is used for Lyme disease?
Read more : MS & Lyme | Views : 2074 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Natural Approach

Intrathecal Methotrexate

Is anyone else on this treatment? I have received two infusions so far with no adverse effects. My neurologist STRONGLY recommended that I start this unapproved treatment. I did really well on Mito, but I have reached the maximum number of doses - and my MRI is a mess again. He feels these treatments will keep my disease in check until tyserbi reaches the market. I still feel like a guinea pig, starting a new ...
Read more : Intrathecal Methotrexate | Views : 2395 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221802 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service