It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

mri question

hi :)

so i was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago. in the last week, my lhermitte's sign went away. so i'm curious - will the lesion that caused the lhermitte's still show up on the mri, or do lesions go back to looking like healthy tissue between attacks?
Read more : mri question | Views : 2286 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Low Dose Naltrexone Conference April 7th

Advocates, Physicians and Entertainers to Gather for Low Dose Naltrexone Conference

Monday March 13, 9:47 am ET

BETHESDA, Md., March 13 /PRNewswire/ -- On April 7, 2006, physicians, patient advocates and entertainers will gather at the Second Annual Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) Conference http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org to bring awareness to a promising treatment for HIV/AIDS, cancer, multiple sclerosis (MS), autism and a host of other life-altering autoimmune conditions.

Naltrexone was originally ...
Read more : Low Dose Naltrexone Conference April 7th | Views : 2367 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

OT:: Statins and heart disease

This is a little off topic but it was a lead on the BBC this morning so thought I'd share it here>

Drugs 'can reverse heart disease'

Statins can lower cholesterol
Intensive therapy with statin drugs may not just stall deterioration of the arteries but actually reverse it, research suggests.
The build-up of fatty deposits inside the arteries - atherosclerosis - can trigger cardiovascular disease.

An international study of 349 patients over two years ...
Read more : OT:: Statins and heart disease | Views : 2810 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Statins

Time of day to take statins

Just got back from a pharmacy, where i chatted with the pharmacist about when to take statins. I have seen the question on this site before.

He told me that Lipitor can be taken at any time during the day, but simvastatin is best taken at night. The reason being that simvastatin (Zucor) relies on some enzyme. which is obviously at its highest point at night.
Read more : Time of day to take statins | Views : 3188 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Statins

LDN and pregnancy

I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject.
My partner and I are about to start trying for a baby,

I came off copaxone about a month ago but haven't stopped taking 3mg LDN.

From what I've been able to find out there are problems at very high doses (tested on mice).

many thanks :)
Read more : LDN and pregnancy | Views : 3951 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Dr Calabresi webcast

The NMSS has a webcast today (as part of MS week) featuring Dr Calabresi - 'Repair of MS damage and Protection of the Nervous System'.

Attached is the transcript.

Not too much new stuff but it looks like they are looking at existing drugs which should speed up the work.

Ian

http://skins.broadbandvideo.com/nmss2/2 ... script.pdf
Read more : Dr Calabresi webcast | Views : 1189 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MBP8298 For RRMS

BioMS Plans Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Trial

- MBP8298 to be tested in a second major MS patient population -

EDMONTON, Alberta, March 13, 2006 – BioMS Medical Corp (TSX: MS), a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), today announced that it is expanding the clinical development program for its lead drug candidate MBP8298. The drug is currently undergoing an international pivotal phase II/III clinical trial with secondary progressive MS patients (SPMS). BioMS ...
Read more : MBP8298 For RRMS | Views : 1360 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gemacbio

I think the following is old news. Unfortunately, no details about how effective the treatment is - but I like the three pronged approach. It's very safe (but so is eating spinach)!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j485748659&w=464753
Read more : Gemacbio | Views : 1176 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Abx sojourn

Ok, here goes, it's time to start a treatment log.

I already keep one on CPn Help.org which is mostly for myself. This one I will keep for others.

First, a little about us. J is my husband diagnosed in May 2004. Prior to his exacerbation he had eye floaters (while jogging), numbness in his pinky side of his right hand, interminent color change (for years) and a swallowing issue. All of these were dismissed by ...
Read more : Abx sojourn | Views : 6057 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Regimens

IV steroids and immunosuppression

I had a round of IV steroids in December 2005. The steroids didn't really help but they appear to have left me with some big problems. Apparently, they suppressed my immune system to a point that my digestive tract has been overrun by an infection that it can't seem to fight off. For weeks I have suffered symptoms like severe pain and bloating every time I tried to eat. The pain at times was so ...
Read more : IV steroids and immunosuppression | Views : 1247 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220817 • Total topics 22883 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service