It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:23 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Says it all

I saw an article about the benefits of turkey (or the chemical in turkey which helps reduce inflammation). The following message was posted under the article and pretty much says it all about the current state of decent MS treatments.

Gerry McCready Nov, 23 2005
As a long time MS sufferer, one half of me gets excited when I read of new developments like this. However, I find it discouraging to think I have waited ...
Read more : Says it all | Views : 1299 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

FLT3 and MS

Nice that they are looking at different angles of attack on autoimmune disorders...

Dendritic Cells Offer New Therapeutic Target for Drugs to Treat MS

November 30, 2005 - Newswise - Scientists at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center have found that a gene pathway linked to a deadly form of leukemia may provide a new way to treat autoimmune diseases, including multiple sclerosis. Their tests in cell cultures and mice suggest that blocking the pathway ...
Read more : FLT3 and MS | Views : 1107 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell trial starting

A trial is starting in the UK early next year to repair damage in the spinal cord. This will not involve MS patients yet but at least things are starting. The research behind this approach has been going on for years so hopefully some will see some benefit soon

Ian

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/ ... 60,00.html
Read more : Stem cell trial starting | Views : 897 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

dignan, about alferon

Here's an update:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/conf ... ill_en.pdf , see p 17

Alferon N, or interferon alfa N-3, is in phase IIa testing by Hemispherx Biopharma. This form of interferon is derived from human leukocytes and contains at least 14 alpha interferon molecules. In a retrospective, uncontrolled study, brain MRI with gadolinium contrast enhancement was performed in 69 patients treated with MS, including 38 who declined treatment with interferon alfa-n3, and ...
Read more : dignan, about alferon | Views : 1270 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Going to the doctor is bad for your (mental) health

I had been living in Ontario last summer when I was diagnosed. I moved to Nova Scotia this past summer and today was my first appointment with an MS doctor from the clinic. I was put off by him immediately because when he called me into his office he just kind of grunted and nodded to the open door then when I entered and sat down he didn’t say a word to me while he ...
Read more : Going to the doctor is bad for your (mental) health | Views : 2793 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Help for PattiD

My husband has been on the protocol about 6 weeks, and his progression seems to have increased. His walking seems so tenuous, and his balance has deteriated more. He is falling more.

He quite the Copaxone that he felt was not doing much when he started the protocol. He finished his first flagyl pulse last week.

We are trying to stay positive, but we are fearing this progression will continue. Did anyone have this difficulty ...
Read more : Help for PattiD | Views : 1704 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Glucosamine

Dignan has already highlighted the research about this supplement. Here is another summary of the research:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=34218

By coincidence I found a jar in my bathroom cabinet so I have started taking them. Has anyone who has taken them noticed any improvements?

Ian
Read more : Glucosamine | Views : 2146 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Sad story

A sad story from the UK which shows how vile this disease can be. But the sufferer has donated his tissue to research fo hopefully his life and suffering will not have been in vain.

Professor Reynolds is a UK MS expert responsible for the UK MS tissue bank (and had a relative with MS).

<shortened url>
Read more : Sad story | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Accelerated Cure Project

The Accelerated Cure Project (formerly Boston Cure Project) is amking some headway.

It's interesting that the ACP is also looking at EBV as a possible trigger / cause.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051128/nem021.html?.v=32
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project | Views : 1078 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Continued Progresson on protocol

My husband has been on the protocol about 6 weeks, and his progression seems to have increased. His walking seems so tenuous, and his balance has deteriated more. He is falling more.

He quite the Copanxone that he felt was not doing much when he started the protocol. He finished his first flagg pulse last week.

We are trying to stay positive, but we are fearing this progression will continue. Did anyone have this difficulty ...
Read more : Continued Progresson on protocol | Views : 5792 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218697 • Total topics 22538 • Total members 14184