It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:29 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Private Messages

Hey Arron?

Lately, I've noticed that I've been getting a few emails notifying me that I have "private messages" waiting for me here, but when I check, there aren't any.

Weird............

Deb
Read more : Private Messages | Views : 2291 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

Aimspro injection. What to expect?

Hi all,

I have managed to get Aimspro, that will be delivered in the comming days.

I was hoping to get some information from someone else who has used it.

I am wondering what I can expect from injecting something that has JUST defrosted from -20C. What is it like injecting something that is SOOOOO cold into warm flesh?

I currently inject rebif 44 three times a week, after it has warmed to room temp. ...
Read more : Aimspro injection. What to expect? | Views : 5733 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Aimspro

Always an Anecdote

I started writing here in:

"Treating for Chlamydia Pneumoniae - a possible cause of MS"
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-1992.html#1992

Then changed to:

"Anecdote's Personal Treatment Regime"
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-600-0.html

Then started this new post:

An overdue update, whilst still waiting for my next MRI scan. I am starting a completely new posting because I seem to spend much of my time directing people to the following information, which can now be found in a separate posting in the Antibiotics section: ...
Read more : Always an Anecdote | Views : 24926 | Replies : 89 | Forum : Regimens

NEJM articles and editorial

Hi Everyone -

Thought I would point out that the New England Journal of Medicine out today has three articles following up on Tysabri and PML along with an editorial. I only get the abstracts and can't really tell what the key points are, but maybe one of you has better access or better insight into what is written.

- Arcee
Read more : NEJM articles and editorial | Views : 1784 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

worse straight after

Within a few minutes of injecting rebif, my symptoms (ie balance and weakness) are MUCH worse. does everyone get this same reaction?

I have been using rebif for the past 3.5 months.
Read more : worse straight after | Views : 2780 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Stem cells create functioning brain cells

Progress on neural stem cells seem to be picking up.

Scientists create working brain cells

July 28, 2005 -- Reuters -- Swedish researchers have created new functioning brain cells from stem cells drawn from the brains of living adults, sparking hope that effective treatments for devastating illnesses like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's could be at hand, media reported overnight.

Neurosurgeons withdrew the stem cells from the brains of adults during routine surgery for hydrocephalus, or water ...
Read more : Stem cells create functioning brain cells | Views : 1693 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS

Dear all,

The annual ECTRIMS / ACTRIMS get together is taking place in Greece in late September. For those interested I attach a link which sets out the programme. Neuro-protection is being discussed - which is good. As usual the same old companies are sponsoring the event. I particular like the tours that are offered.

http://www.akm.ch/ectrims2005/

Bromley
Read more : ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS | Views : 1778 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Additions to David Wheldon's MS pages.

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

Over the last little while, my husband, David Wheldon has made many adjustments and fine tunings to his MS pages, so it might be worth re-reading them to keep up to date. For instance, the adjuncts section has been much changed, using the both of us, for testing purposes, as the guinea pigs. I copy it here, but there is much more new.

Adjuncts

The brain has extraordinary powers of repair, but must be ...
Read more : Additions to David Wheldon's MS pages. | Views : 2191 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

From The Radical Academy....................

Just for the fun of it! After all --The Human Condition needs some lighter fare now and then, so..................

"Think before you do bad things!"

Read more : From The Radical Academy.................... | Views : 1754 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Myelin development protein identified

Maybe myelin isn't the only thing going wrong in MS, but a better understanding of its development should still be important for MS researchers.

NUS scientists discover protein

July 27, 2005 -- Today -- Scientists from the National University of Singapore (NUS) have discovered a novel protein that can provide fundamental clues to better understanding of neurological disorders such as schizophrenia and multiple sclerosis.

The team of scientists from the Department of Anatomy at the ...
Read more : Myelin development protein identified | Views : 948 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216424 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13903