It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hypothyroidism and Rebif

Hi! My mom has MS and hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's specifically). She's been on Copaxone but she just had a scan and they found new lesions, so they're thinking of switching her. But she's read that you shouldn't take Rebif if you have thyroid problems.

Does anyone have experience dealing with both a thyroid problem and Rebif?

Also, has anyone had problems with their white blood cell count being too low?

Thanks so much for your help!
Read more : Hypothyroidism and Rebif | Views : 5636 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Are these relapses?

I was diagnosed over a year ago and have been pretty lucky I think. I had a distinct problem that led to diagnosis, double vision that cleared up within about a month and some spotty numbness through my legs that went on for a few months at the same time and again (numbness) when starting LDN a year ago...but that went away pretty quickly.

Since my initial attack I haven't had any symptons that have ...
Read more : Are these relapses? | Views : 1534 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Immunosenescence:ported answer

I ported my response to Shayk on the general forum under the topic
"Immunosenescence..." here because I am so being a CPn apologist and did not wan to be hijacking the general thread. PLEASE READ THE EARLIER POSTS THERE FIRST..marie

Sharon
You are thinking long about this subject. this is what's fun about this board where we can talk and think all we want about this most important subject. We have to base treatment decisions ...
Read more : Immunosenescence:ported answer | Views : 2072 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

California insurance cost--need advice

For anyone who lives in California and can offer advice, please contact me.

We are a small business group of two. Both my husband and I need injectables for different diseases (mine is Avonex for MS; his is Enbrel for Psoriatic Arthritis). The out-of-pocket costs between the insurance plan itself and Blue Shield PPO requiring us to pay 30% of the cost of the drugs is coming to around $1,500 a month. (That's not a ...
Read more : California insurance cost--need advice | Views : 1189 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Thank goodness for books to keep you busy!

I have always enjoyed fiction; but since my diagnosis of MS, I seem to gravitate to nonfiction. In recent years I have read and recommend John Adams by David McCullough, April 1865 by Jay Winik, too.

I found The Autoimmune Connection by Rita Baron-Faust and Jill Buyon, M.D. to be educational, but lacking information on hyperinsulinemia. I first came across that topic in Protein Power by Michael Eades, M.D. and wife Mary Dan Eades, M.D., ...
Read more : Thank goodness for books to keep you busy! | Views : 3833 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Reading Nook

Newbie Question about Abx

Am interested in the Wheldon protocol as it turns out I found out I had demyelination while complaining about chronic sinusitus and dizziness.

My question is I have to go off Rebif while I follow it ? :?:
Read more : Newbie Question about Abx | Views : 4387 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Antibiotics

MSRC MS Review of the year 2005

Hi all,

I have put together a MS review of the year 2005, which I hope you will find both useful and informative.

There have been some significant breakthroughs in MS treatment and research and this review will hopefully bring most, if not all of them, to you to read at your leisure.

Please go to MSRC: Latest MS News : 2005 MS News in review - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=57563484 ...
Read more : MSRC MS Review of the year 2005 | Views : 1040 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act, by Ashton Embry PhD.

This article featured in New Pathways magazine, Nov/Dec edition 2005.

The Swank Research & Diet

The role of fats in MS has been passionately debated for over 50 years. It all began over 50 years ago when Dr Roy Swank published a paper in 1950 claiming that saturated fat was an important factor in MS.

Saturated fat is one of four main types of ...
Read more : MS and Fats - A Balancing Act | Views : 2270 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act, by Ashton Embry PhD.

This article featured in New Pathways magazine, Nov/Dec edition 2005.

The Swank Research & Diet

The role of fats in MS has been passionately debated for over 50 years. It all began over 50 years ago when Dr Roy Swank published a paper in 1950 claiming that saturated fat was an important factor in MS.

Saturated fat is one of four main types of ...
Read more : MS and Fats - A Balancing Act | Views : 1233 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219330 • Total topics 22629 • Total members 14267

Contact us | Terms of Service