It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Metals book

Book on metals and neuro-degeneration (incldes MS).

I love the way the blurb describes this book as 'exciting'. I don't think it will frighten the pants of Jackie Collins.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j454950781&w=464753
Read more : Metals book | Views : 837 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Holiday season

After the ACTRIMS / ECTRIMS vacation to Greece (did anything really come out of it?), MS neuros around the world must be licking their lips as the big one nears - major conference in Australia. As usual, promises of prevention, stopping progression etc. If we all donated a $1 each we could send Arron along as a reward for all his good efforts.

http://www.ms06.com.au/
Read more : Holiday season | Views : 963 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Possible Fibromyalgia

Happy New Year to everyone.
Deb, sorry to bother you with this but you are the obvious expert on this topic, anyone else is free to answer as well. Since October 2005 I have suffered with balance problems, stiffness, irritable bowel.headaches and most importantly severe myofasial pain. I've had these same symptoms off and on since I was dx in April 2004. However, they have gotten worse in both years in the fall. Every medicine ...
Read more : Possible Fibromyalgia | Views : 1342 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

More on progression

Another research article on progression.

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=13165

While these sorts of articles frighten the pants off me, at least the researchers (after 50 years) are starting to wake up to the fact that this disease is much more than inflammation. It is only when we start to really understand the underlying mechanisms that any real progress will be seen.
Read more : More on progression | Views : 954 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Progression

We start a discussion on MS being possibly a collection of different diseases and then researchers publish an article suggesting that progression in the various sub-types has common features etc. It also suggests (from my understanding) that there is an underlying mechanism distinct from the immune sytem involvement / damage. As usual no insights into how this underlying mechanism could be halted.

It does pander to my real fear that even if you stopped the ...
Read more : Progression | Views : 6145 | Replies : 53 | Forum : General Discussion

Insurance/Medical Spending Account Question

Has anyone had experience with insurance or medical spending account claims for expenses indirectly related to MS (expenses other than medicines, doctor, hospital, MRI, etc.)? Health club dues for an MS patient, for example. If so, what types of expenses did you have covered and did you need to submit any additional documents, such as a letter of necessity from your doctor?

Thanks.
Read more : Insurance/Medical Spending Account Question | Views : 955 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN

Is there any one out there that has secondary progressive MS and finds help from LDN or does it mostly just help people with R&R form of MS.
Read more : LDN | Views : 2684 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

FDA Makes Earliest Stages Of Clinical Trials More Efficient

An interesting FDA development that could speed the drug approval process in the US...

FDA Issues Advice to Make Earliest Stages Of Clinical Drug Development More Efficient

January 12, 2006 - The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today announced steps to advance the earliest phases of clinical research in the development of innovative medical treatments. FDA’s goal is to improve the process for bringing safe and effective drugs for potentially serious and life-threatening diseases, such ...
Read more : FDA Makes Earliest Stages Of Clinical Trials More Efficient | Views : 1525 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

No real side effects

I have been on LDN for a few months now, probably around 6 months.

I am on the full 4.5mg/night dose.

I have never suffered from the side effects a lot of people talk about, and also, have not noticed the kick in energy levels either.

My filler is avicel, and its compounded by a reputable pharmacy (I got the name from someone else on this board).

In the begining, when my MS symptoms were ...
Read more : No real side effects | Views : 3103 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

A few thoughts for Deb and others.

During recent months I haven't really been looking into the science behind MS. AS I continue to improve on my treatment I have spent less time musing on the whys and wherefores.

However, a conversation with Alasdair Coles and a chance conversation elsewhere got me thinking again. The upshot of the conversation with Alasdair was that MS is actually a group of diseases, not just one. The other conversation forced me to revisit my investigations ...
Read more : A few thoughts for Deb and others. | Views : 3234 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219675 • Total topics 22683 • Total members 14299

Contact us | Terms of Service