It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:07 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Canadians

The Canadian MS Society has organised presentations in late April and in May about MS Research. Not sure if the venues are near to any users of this website but it would be good if someone could report back.

HarryZ - don't you live in London?

Ian

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/help/Medical ... ndHope.htm
Read more : Canadians | Views : 1385 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Viruses and MS...again

HHV-6 vs EBV in a battle to decide which causes more cases of MS...coming soon to a theatre near you...

Human herpesvirus 6 and multiple sclerosis: a one-year follow-up study.

Brain Pathol. 2006 Jan;16(1):20-7.
Alvarez-Lafuente R, De Las Heras V, Bartolome M, Garcia-Montojo M, Arroyo R.
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain. labesmul@hcsc.es

BACKGROUND: This study was undertaken in order to investigate the possible relation of HHV-6 ...
Read more : Viruses and MS...again | Views : 1020 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin

PharmaFrontiers Corp, a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, announced today that the Company will make a poster presentation at the 2006 Annual Meeting of the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS) at the San Francisco Marriott on June 3, 2006.
The presentation will cover laboratory and clinical data from the Company's proprietary T-cell vaccination technology for the treatment of the autoimmune disease, multiple sclerosis and is entitled:

"Characterization and Clinical ...
Read more : Tovaxin | Views : 1353 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Head injuries not the cause

According to a recent report, head injuries do not seem to trigger the development of multiple sclerosis, a degenerative neurological disease. The hypothesis that trauma to the head might influence the development of multiple sclerosis in genetically predisposed individuals has been debated for several years, but the link has not been studied conclusively.
Researchers from Oxford University studied data for a group of over 110,000 people admitted to a hospital with head injury and analysed ...
Read more : Head injuries not the cause | Views : 1207 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Axonal loss

In recent years it has been recognised that axonal loss is the main cause of permanent disability. The traditional view is that attacks by the immune sytem result in demyelination and that the underlying nerve fibres (axons) degenerate. The damage is considered to take place under the lesions which form where de-myelination has occurred. As with everything connected with this disease - nothing is straightforward. Attached is an article which suggestes that demyelination and axonal ...
Read more : Axonal loss | Views : 1252 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Glutamate

Glutamate has often been cited as being involved in the cascade of events in MS. The following research suggests that there might be a drug to help (I must admit I found the article difficult to decipher).

Ian

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... ptors.html
Read more : Glutamate | Views : 1008 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Asthma

The BBC ran the following article (apologies if it has been posted already) about treating asthma with abx due to the involvement of CPn.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4899602.stm
Read more : Asthma | Views : 1752 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hey there, my name is Tracy

Hey there, my name is Tracy. I've been a watcher for sometime on this site. I've had diagnosed MS since '98. I've had a great doctor since '99, Dr. William Stuart. I've pinned all my hopes on the drug Tysabri, managed to get a couple doses in last year.
However my sight is worsening every week, apparently my optic nerve is flaring, causeing me to not be able to focus. I'd already given up reading ...
Read more : Hey there, my name is Tracy | Views : 1389 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Tysabri re-release

I lost my pipeline of informations regarding Tysabri, when my Dr. had by-pass surgery. I am looking ofr any information regarding its re-release. The news I got form my Dr.s RN was pretty discouraging.

Tracy Taggart
Read more : Tysabri re-release | Views : 1517 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Copaxone Site Pain

My wife has recently begun Copaxone. I am her caregiver, and give the injections. She is rebelling at receiving these, because of the bee-sting pain she feels afterwards. The RN who coached me recommended heat before and cold after. I have been told that my atitude is gentle, but am at my wit's end. Any comments are welcome...
Read more : Copaxone Site Pain | Views : 3287 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221807 • Total topics 23033 • Total members 14553

Contact us | Terms of Service