It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ABX data

See this link... May be relevant to those who are looking in to CPn and ABX..

<shortened url>
Read more : ABX data | Views : 1812 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

FREE Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo group!

There is a great group of people with over 400 members, all with MS.

Great polls, the best links, symptoms database which lists member symptoms.

For people with MS only. If you have not joined already here is the link:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mu ... osispolls/
Read more : FREE Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo group! | Views : 955 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

avonex + intrathecal Methotrexate

Is anyone else getting intracath Methotrexate? I am going for my second infusion of this med next week. I have not noticed any beneficial effects yet. Is anyone else getting an immunosuppressant injected directly into their spine? I could not find any research supporting my neurologist’s STRONG recommendation to be on this med.
Read more : avonex + intrathecal Methotrexate | Views : 3407 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Extension study FTY720 results

Phase II Data For FTY720 Shows Sustained Efficacy And Good Tolerability Over 18 Months In Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Data from the extension of a Phase II study to 18 months support the significant effects of FTY720 (fingolimod), a novel once-daily oral compound in development for treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS). More than two million people worldwide are estimated to suffer from MS, which is the leading cause of neurological disability in ...
Read more : Extension study FTY720 results | Views : 1571 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New Data on TYSABRI Demonstrate Significant Effects

6 April 2006

New Data on TYSABRI(R) Demonstrate Significant Effects on Health-Related Quality of Life Measures in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 6, 2006--

Data presented at American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting also Show Impact on Measures of Visual Function and Disability Progression

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) announced today that in Phase III multiple sclerosis (MS) studies TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab) showed significant effects on pre-specified health-related quality ...

High dose cyclophosphamide

Not a nice therapy, but looks like it helps if used early and agressively. On a side note, it's kind of sad that they are still discovering new stuff about this drug. It's been used at least experimentally in MS since the late 60's I believe. Better late than never?

High Dose Cyclophosphamide Achieves Rapid Clinical Improvements in Early, Aggressive Multiple Sclerosis: Presented at AAN

April 6, 2006 -- Preliminary data from a study utilizing ...
Read more : High dose cyclophosphamide | Views : 1253 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

abx

Here we go , I started doxy on Sat. working up to 200 mgs by yesterday as pharmacy wanted me to work up slowly due to questionable allergy problems to tetracycline as a child.

So far so good, I felt like I was coming down with cold first day and it went away.

I meet with my doctor next week to discuss addition of zithromax, I wrote her a 3 page letter explaining I need ...
Read more : abx | Views : 14299 | Replies : 59 | Forum : Regimens

Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Charlotte, but you can call me Char. I live in a North Central Tx.. 51, divorced, 2 children, 4 grand children. Whom keep me very busy! They are a blast. I am looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

I was Dx'd 08-2001 however, its thought that I've had MS much longer, my Neuro. and PC. Dr's say that I have Lupus as well . Rhumy Doc., says No, you have RA. ...
Read more : Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself. | Views : 1746 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Higher dose of Copaxone in clinical trials

I guess it's good news, just not as exciting as a treatment that might actually be a breakthrough. I'm not complaining though...and now there's something new to add to the phase III section of the list.

Teva Announces That Higher Dose of Copaxone Showed Increased Efficacy in Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

BUSINESS WIRE - April 5, 2006 - A new, higher dose of Copaxone (glatiramer acetate injection) showed promising results in the treatment of patients with ...
Read more : Higher dose of Copaxone in clinical trials | Views : 1327 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Avonex plus Doxycycline trial preliminary results

An abstract from the AAN meeting about the combination trial of doxycycline and Avonex. The preliminary, small sample results look promising.

Combination Therapy with Intramuscular Interferon Beta-1a and Oral Doxycycline in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis: An Open-Label Trial

Alireza Minagar, J. Steven Alexander, Rhonda Brooks, Roger E. Kelley, Robert N. Schwendimann, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Dana Merrill Bryan, Shreveport, LA

OBJECTIVE: To determine the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of doxycycline combined with intramuscular (IM) interferon beta-1a (IFNb-1a) ...
Read more : Avonex plus Doxycycline trial preliminary results | Views : 4830 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221756 • Total topics 23025 • Total members 14550

Contact us | Terms of Service