It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BG12

You need to get up earlier to beat me Dignan.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j451500239&w=464753
Read more : BG12 | Views : 1925 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

Cymbalta

I was prescribed Cymbalta 30 mg. for depression about a month ago. Pdoc said it would help w/ms pain as well. Took some time, and now up to 90 mg. daily. Feeling much better and have less severe lower back pain. Cymbalta has been approved for diabetic neuralgia. It helps me w/ms pain as well. Wondering if anyone else is on this antidepressant? Linda
Read more : Cymbalta | Views : 1113 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

avonex and antibiotics

I haven't had my beta interferon 1a (avonex) for nearly a month now and my partner who administers this weekly injection is getting rather agitated about this. He wants me to go back on it unless I can get some professional medical advice about trying the antibiotics alone. I'm quite keen to remain off the beta interferon for at least 6 months but don't think I have a very good medical case other than experimentation. ...
Read more : avonex and antibiotics | Views : 2480 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Best Description Yet

Well, now here is a good description of MS.

I'd say it does a pretty good job of meeting halfway the opposing viewpoints about whether MS is autoimmune or not. :wink: Or is it just double-talk?

hmmmmmmmmm................. I'm not sure if it says anything that we didn't know or not?

Deb

Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2005 Dec 30; Links

Neuroinflammation in multiple ...
Read more : Best Description Yet | Views : 1020 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Update on Levetiracetam

Here is the update I mentioned in another thread with regard to levetiracetam.

Once again, just combine the new findings below with my previous findings and/or postings in other threads last year regarding levetiracetam.

My point being? There is hope on the horizon here, folks! The fact that the below studies are not directly related to MS aren't all that significant. We all know the cross-overs between neuro diseases and how AEDs are helpful in ...
Read more : Update on Levetiracetam | Views : 1413 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Apoptosis

Ok...........the following pertains to Huntington's disease, but it also provides a short explanation with regard to apoptosis (which as we all know, we want to inhibit apoptosis in MS). And we all know how integral that Ca2 influx plays in axonal degeneration in MS, also.

Read the highlighted portions below and you will see how what they are saying also relates to apoptosis in MS.

(Hey...........blame Robin for getting me started here today. ...
Read more : Apoptosis | Views : 2285 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

ROBIN: Let's get "technical". Get this!

Robin, (and others),

Ok...............here is something interesting. For those who know and followed my, Robin and Wesley's highly technical discussions in 2004 and 2005, you all will probably understand this. If not, you might not understand.

For once, though, I'm not going to go into overdrive with my usual explanations, etc.

I just know that Robin may find this particularly interesting. Especially when he sees the word "microglia". :wink: ...
Read more : ROBIN: Let's get "technical". Get this! | Views : 951 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Come back Deb all is forgiven

This forum used to be a very good place to visit and objectively discuss current MS research. Unfortunately that is no longer the case.

These days each news item is used to either complain at the lack of progress in finding a cure for MS or to promote the ABX regimen. I'm happy for those that are following the regimen and are getting good results but there are others getting good results from different treatments ...
Read more : Come back Deb all is forgiven | Views : 1522 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

A new angle: using RNA

This sounds like a different way of treating MS that has potential.

A Novel Method of Modifying Immune Responses By Vaccination With Lipiodol-siRNA Mixtures.

J Transl Med. 2006 Jan 3;4(1):2
Ichim TE, Popov IA, Riordan NH, Izadi H, Zhong Z, Yijian L, Sher S, Oleinik EK.

ABSTRACT: The dendritic cell (DC) possesses the ability to stimulate both T helper 1 (Th1) and Th2 responses depending on activation stimuli. Although it is ...
Read more : A new angle: using RNA | Views : 1144 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem cells for immunosuppression and neuroprotection

I hope they can quickly push stem cell treatments along the road to clinical trials...

Stem cells in inflammatory demyelinating disorders: a dual role for immunosuppression and neuroprotection.

Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2006 Jan;6(1):17-22.
Uccelli A, Zappia E, Benvenuto F, Frassoni F, Mancardi G.
Department of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genoa, Via De Toni 5, 16132 Genoa, Italy. auccelli@neurologia.unige.it

In recent years much excitement has been generated over ...
Read more : Stem cells for immunosuppression and neuroprotection | Views : 1203 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219648 • Total topics 22677 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service