It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Patient Registry for Tysabri

An FDA briefing document was released today that recommends a mandatory patient registry for Tysabri users. In August 2005 the FDA mandated an electronic registry for all patients & physicians using Accutane, and it was just announced last week that it is up and running. Hopefully a Tysabri registry won't take as long to implement.
Read more : Patient Registry for Tysabri | Views : 2283 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

MS RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE

Health Research Associates invites you to participate in a research study to test questionnaires that are designed to assess how patients are affected by MS. The questionnaire packet would be mailed to you on two occasions, 2 weeks apart,
in a self-addressed stamped envelope.

If you choose to participate, you will earn $60 for completing both questionnaire packets.

This study does not involve medication, or a change in your current treatment.

For more information please ...
Read more : MS RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE | Views : 1075 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Conflicts of interest

This one is from the BCP site.

"FDA PUTS FIVE SCIENTISTS WITH CONFLICTS OF INTEREST ON COMMITTEE EVALUATING CONTROVERSIAL MS DRUG:

Five of the eleven scientists so far selected to judge the safety of the new multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri have financial ties to either the drug's sponsors, Biogen and Elan Pharmaceuticals, or their competitors. The Food and Drug Administration's Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee will meet March 7 to reconsider Tysabri, ...
Read more : Conflicts of interest | Views : 1828 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Testimony by Dr John Richert

A couple of weeks ago I posted part of an e-mail I had received from Dr John Richert, Vice Presdient of Research at the NMSS.

Attached is his testimony to the FDA about Tysabri.

Apologies if it has already been posted.

Ian

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/tysabr ... timony.asp
Read more : Testimony by Dr John Richert | Views : 2169 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

NNZ-2566

I have previously posted articles relating to Neuren Pharmaceuticals. Much of their research focuses on neuro-protection. Their website states that:

"The compounds developed by Neuren have application not only to acute brain injuries associated with stroke, cardiopulmonary bypass surgery (CPB) and traumatic brain injury but also in chronic neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis".

Their first key drug, Glypromate, is in Phase 2 trials (with the US Army). The company ...
Read more : NNZ-2566 | Views : 1189 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Wall Street Journal Editorial Today

Long URL but it should work for a week:

http://online.wsj.com/wsjgate?subURI=%2 ... TYwWj.html

Refers to Erbitux and Tysabri
Read more : Wall Street Journal Editorial Today | Views : 1411 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

vitamin B

I have not been able to find any discussion on ThisISMS with regards to multiple sclerosis and vitamin B (that's B as in Bromley come back). I did find a few references through Google scholar and they seem to be somewhat contradictory. I was wondering if anyone has looked into this, particularly vitamin B12. The articles I found were:
Reynolds EH, 'Multiple sclerosis and vitamin B12 metabolism' J Neuroimmunol 1992 Oct; 40(2-3):225-30.
Kira J, et ...
Read more : vitamin B | Views : 1465 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

My dilemma

Hoping to get some constructive opinions from the bright minds on this board. Right now I have a good job with one of the world's largest companies and therefore have a great benefits package including long-term disability. In otherwords, if I become disabled I will still receive my salary until retirement (I'm 33 now). I have an opportunity to go work for a privately held, smaller company which would be a lot more fun, lot ...
Read more : My dilemma | Views : 1661 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Wyeth Petition to Restrict Compounding Pharmacies ??

Hi all

As some of you know I'm using bio-identical hormones to help manage my MS. These are individually dosed and compounded in accordance with the prescribing physician's recommendations taking into account the results of my hormone level(s) tests.

The compounding pharmacy I use has notified me that Wyeth Pharmaceuticals has filed a Citizen's Petition with the FDA asking the FDA to impose restrictions on the compounding and dispensing of "bio-identical hormone replacement therapy." (BHRT) ...
Read more : Wyeth Petition to Restrict Compounding Pharmacies ?? | Views : 2360 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Is any remyelinating drug in Phase 1 trail ?

Is any remyelinating drug in Phase 1 trail or more ?
Read more : Is any remyelinating drug in Phase 1 trail ? | Views : 1315 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220769 • Total topics 22873 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service