It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Protection Against Neuronal Injury in RRMS.

Here's another article about the wonders of Copaxone, submitted by Teva. Once again the study was small and the particpants were "Twenty-two treatment-naïve RRMS patients".

http://www.docguide.com/news/content.ns ... B9005DF226

Dunmann.
Read more : Protection Against Neuronal Injury in RRMS. | Views : 1701 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

New cause of demyelination?

This is a very interesting article on what some researchers have discovered in looking at the breakdown of myelin. It supports the thinking by some MS researchers that MS's original cause is not auto-immune and that the immune system is only reacting to the inflammation caused when myelin breaks down.

Harry

Breakdown of Myelin Insulation in Brain’s Wiring Implicated in Childhood Developmental Disorders, Addiction

Date: November 14, 2005
Read more : New cause of demyelination? | Views : 867 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

So . . . anybody here work from home?

Hi,

It's been a long time since I last posted, but since I am busy trying to find work at home jobs, I was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? I have found plenty of info on the subject and would be happy to share and discuss it all, if anyone else is curious.

Anyone else looking, or wondering about home based work? It sure comes in handy when MS makes it difficult ...
Read more : So . . . anybody here work from home? | Views : 1329 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

wonder.i.am

Hi,

I'm sorry for using this place for promoting my website, but I really think you should see this.

Because what do you do when you're down with MS?
You try to make the best out of it.
And then you put all your discoveries and inventions on a site...

Hope to give you ideas!

Greetings, Rufus
----------------
homepage:
http://wonder.i.am
(or just copy&paste 'wonder.i.am' in your adress bar;
click ...
Read more : wonder.i.am | Views : 1004 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

What's New in the Immunosuppression Pipeline?

Not sure how old this article is but it is interesting

What's New in the Immunosuppression Pipeline?
Disclosures

Ron Shapiro, MD
Minimizing Toxicity, Maximizing Efficacy: The Search Continues
The side effects associated with conventional immunosuppression have driven the search for new agents that minimize toxicities and maximize immunosuppressive efficacy. The studies reported in this session included a variety of agents, many of which remain investigational.

Bioflavonoids
Bioflavonoids, found in the rinds of green citrus fruits, ...
Read more : What's New in the Immunosuppression Pipeline? | Views : 1157 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Stroke

The attached article may (or may not) be of relevance to MS as its about cell death following a stroke. But one could look at MS as lots of little strokes. And the symptoms are very similar - slurring of speech, paralysis. So many of the brain diseases seem to have common links and findings relating to one are likely to be of benefit to the others (I hope).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4427702.stm ...
Read more : Stroke | Views : 980 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

CNT1275

Does anyone participate a clinical study with CNT 1275 (CENTOCOR). I´m patient from Czech republic and we are only free persons ivolved in this study in my MS centrum, where I´m cured. Please anybody, who has inspierence with this, answer me.

Can I recognize, that I use placebo?
Read more : CNT1275 | Views : 1440 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Who has the most accurate numbers?

I keep hearing the numbers 300,000 to 500,000 people in the U.S. have MS, and about 2.5 million worldwide, is the estimate. Seems terribly low, and I know others on this board have mentioned under-reporting in those figures.

I also understand that Montel Williams, the host of a national talk show who was diagnosed with MS and went public in 1999, has said something about under-reporing. Indeed, his personal statement on his site says "The ...
Read more : Who has the most accurate numbers? | Views : 917 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218652 • Total topics 22530 • Total members 14176