It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:12 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MBP8298 For RRMS

BioMS Plans Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Trial

- MBP8298 to be tested in a second major MS patient population -

EDMONTON, Alberta, March 13, 2006 – BioMS Medical Corp (TSX: MS), a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), today announced that it is expanding the clinical development program for its lead drug candidate MBP8298. The drug is currently undergoing an international pivotal phase II/III clinical trial with secondary progressive MS patients (SPMS). BioMS ...
Read more : MBP8298 For RRMS | Views : 1366 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gemacbio

I think the following is old news. Unfortunately, no details about how effective the treatment is - but I like the three pronged approach. It's very safe (but so is eating spinach)!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j485748659&w=464753
Read more : Gemacbio | Views : 1182 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Abx sojourn

Ok, here goes, it's time to start a treatment log.

I already keep one on CPn Help.org which is mostly for myself. This one I will keep for others.

First, a little about us. J is my husband diagnosed in May 2004. Prior to his exacerbation he had eye floaters (while jogging), numbness in his pinky side of his right hand, interminent color change (for years) and a swallowing issue. All of these were dismissed by ...
Read more : Abx sojourn | Views : 6065 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Regimens

IV steroids and immunosuppression

I had a round of IV steroids in December 2005. The steroids didn't really help but they appear to have left me with some big problems. Apparently, they suppressed my immune system to a point that my digestive tract has been overrun by an infection that it can't seem to fight off. For weeks I have suffered symptoms like severe pain and bloating every time I tried to eat. The pain at times was so ...
Read more : IV steroids and immunosuppression | Views : 1256 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Wondering if this is true

I was just on another site and a poster claimed that Rebif was implicated in a death from PML in 2005. Anyone know anything about this? Seems strange that this could have been kept quiet so I'm a little suspicious. No one on the other site has responded so I don't think it could have been reported in any widely read media. I checked around and couldn't find anything. Definitely got my attention since I'll ...
Read more : Wondering if this is true | Views : 1580 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi from Italy

Hello to all. I am a dutch girl (maybe should call myself woman), i am 40 years old, married with 2 kids. And i am living in Italy, rome!

Ihave the diagnose of ms for about a year now. Using Rebif 22. It started with a neurite ottica, that was my first sintom, and also my last.

Thats it for now, i apologize for my bad english. Maybe writing on this forum i might improve, ...
Read more : Hi from Italy | Views : 1410 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

To CRAB or Not to CRAB

Just had an evaluation by a new neuro and he dx'd me as SPMS I think based on the length of time I seem to have had the disease. I never seemed to have had an RR form of the disease. I had a bout of ON in 1985 that eventually resolved and have not had a recurrence of that. The results of the LP at that time had some very strong indicators of MS ...
Read more : To CRAB or Not to CRAB | Views : 2036 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

High Blood Pressure

Not being certain where to put this or even certain that that it should be put at all I chose here.

Over on www.CPn Help.org there is an amazing thing happening. With four of us, though not all with MS, some very high blood pressures are dropping to normal. One if these was 200/120 and after only 2 months on abx it has dropped to 150/104.

Rica
Read more : High Blood Pressure | Views : 1011 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

neuropathic pain

My wife was dxd 6 years ago. For the last 3 years she has had chronic nerve pain (aching, burning, sensitivity, etc.) down one leg or the other (never both) to the toes. It's almost always there at some level, but can be fired up immediately by certain activities or positions (sitting, bending forward, etc.) that are typical for someone with a back/pelvic injury or instability. Every single diagnostic test (including 10 MRI's of lumbar ...
Read more : neuropathic pain | Views : 10047 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

MS awareness week

Dear all,

Next week is MS awareness week in the US. I personally find these events (and similar awareness days / weeks in the UK) about as useful a a broken wristwatch.

However, there are two webcasts which look interesting.

(i) 13.3 "Repairing MS Damage and Protecting The Nervous System" - Dr Peter Calabresi.

(ii) 17.3 "Discovering Better treatments for MS Today and Tomorrow" - Dr Larry Steinman.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/awareness.asp ...
Read more : MS awareness week | Views : 1035 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221018 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service