It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BHT-3009 Meeting/Info Results

There's some great info about the drug below.

Bayhill Therapeutics, Inc. Research on Multiple Sclerosis Chosen as One of the Meeting's Scientific Program Highlights at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
4/4/2006 8:41:00 AM EST

Bayhill Therapeutics will make two presentations today at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology in San Diego in connection with development of the company's lead drug candidate, BHT-3009, for the treatment of ...
Read more : BHT-3009 Meeting/Info Results | Views : 1300 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Better Rebif

A new and improved Rebif. Can't really see if it actually does anything better for the disease.

It's funny that as new therapies are on the horizon that Biogen published info yesterday that Avonex after first CIS substantially delayed dx of MS and now Serono has come up with a better Rebif.

The only interesting part of the article was "Serono also is taking a leading role in developing an understanding of the role of ...
Read more : Better Rebif | Views : 1427 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Bladder

Not an MS stem cell story but big news today about the use of stem cells to create a bladder. It's good to know that lots of work is going on behind the scens which should, one day, hopefully be of use with this disease (to repair nerve fibres, or myelin. Or to grow another CNS).

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4871540.stm
Read more : Bladder | Views : 1330 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Avonex and CIS

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j501092293&w=464753

Perhaps if you started Avonex before the first CIS you might never get MS at all!

I imagine that Biogen must know that the FDA are going to restrict Tysabri to certain groups. So in future, once someone has a CIS they start on Avonex for five years, then when they develop MS proper they move to Tysabri, then once SP they can swap to Daclizumab or Rituximab. ...
Read more : Avonex and CIS | Views : 3034 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

EBV

I was in contact today with one of my neuros who is holding an EBV / MS think-tank in May. He said that a lot of research in this area had been undertaken by a Dr Sven haahr (Danish). I did a search on Dr haahr and the first article on the list was:

<shortened url>

I think the phrase is what goes around comes around!

Ian
Read more : EBV | Views : 1313 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi from Florida

Hi, my name is Lori. I've been lurking on this site for some time and decided it was time to join! I was diagnosed with RRMS in May of 2002. I am currently doing Copaxone injections and just recently started Lipitor (as of last week). I'll let you know how that goes. So far I am fortunate enough to be doing very well. I am 44 years old, have 2 kids, 2 dogs and a ...
Read more : Hi from Florida | Views : 1181 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

MRI Accuracy

This is a very interesting study that questions the accuracy of MRIs in diagnosing MS. Isn't one of the measures in the clinical trials of all these MS drugs the number of lesions that appear on an MRI??!! Hmmm...

Harry

Study Questions The Accuracy Of MRI In Diagnosis Of MS After First Neurologic Event

The accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging might not be great enough to confirm a diagnosis of MS, based ...
Read more : MRI Accuracy | Views : 1210 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

KineMed

It might as well be written in Chinese, but it looks as if another company is looking at possbible therapies for MS and other neurological diseases - which must be good.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j500810681&w=464753
Read more : KineMed | Views : 1322 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Conditions under which Tysabri will come back to market

I posted this in another thread just now, but figured it might need it's own thread. This is a March 27th update regarding the return of Tysabri:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/tysabri_march8.asp

Excerpt:

"....Its key recommendations for approval include:

• Tysabri be made available only to patients who have enrolled along with their physicians in a mandatory registry program;

• Tysabri be made available only to patients diagnosed with relapsing MS;

Completed Phase II trial of oral IFN-alpha

Interesting that this talks about a completed phase II trial of an oral treatment. I hope if they do another trial it will be phase III.

Ingested (oral) IFN-alpha represses TNF-alpha mRNA in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.

J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2006 Mar;26(3):150-5.
Brod SA, Nguyen M, Hood Z, Shipley GL.
Department of Neurology, University of Texas-Houston, Health Science Center (UTHHSC), Houston, TX 77030, USA. staley.a.brod@uth.tmc.edu

In a phase II trial ...
Read more : Completed Phase II trial of oral IFN-alpha | Views : 1623 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221722 • Total topics 23019 • Total members 14546

Contact us | Terms of Service