It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Better/Easier flagyl taste

Flagyl tastes better... No, really, it's true! I have found a way to take flagyl and not taste it and it will probably make you happier every time you do! I take the flagyl tablet out, coat it with jam or jelly and toss it in my mouth, quickly followed by a water chaser. You'll NEVER taste a thing, except maybe a fleeting taste of the jam. DO NOT LICK YOUR FINGERS before washing them ...
Read more : Better/Easier flagyl taste | Views : 2437 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

How many of you have been referred to a neuropsychiatrist?

:lol: Following a referral to a neuropsychiatrist, I have now been told to start Lithium. Does anyone know anything about lithium?

Sue !!
Read more : How many of you have been referred to a neuropsychiatrist? | Views : 1213 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

MBP8298 update

This sounds promising, although they don't provide much information here...

BioMS Medical's MBP8298 Shows Five-year Delay of Disease Progression in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

March 7, 2006- BioMS Medical today announced that its proprietary drug candidate MBP8298 delayed disease progression for five years in progressive MS patients with HLA-DR2 or HLA-DR4 immune response genes.

Treatment and follow-up of patients from a phase II clinical study demonstrated that patients in this DR2 and DR4 responder group, ...
Read more : MBP8298 update | Views : 1248 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MBP8298 Encouraging Results

Very encouraging results for disease progression from its phase II study! Hopefully this pans out with the phase II/III which they are now enrolling.

Original link:
http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/060307/bioms_s ... .html?.v=1

Dunmann.

BioMS Medical's MBP8298 shows five-year delay of disease progression in patients with multiple sclerosis
Tuesday March 7, 8:55 am ET

-Results to be presented at the American Academy of Neurology April 4, 2006-
Toronto Stock Exchange Symbol: MS
EDMONTON, ...
Read more : MBP8298 Encouraging Results | Views : 1112 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Difference Between statins

I was wondering if anyone has changed between the statins and noticed a difference in their effectiveness?

The ones I know of are:
atorvastatin (Lipitor)
fluvastatin (Lescol)
lovastatin (Mevacor)
pravastatin (Pravachol)
simvastatin (Zocor)
rosuvastatin (Crestor)

I just read an article at http://healthfully.org/mednews/id2.html which basically states that lipitor is better than pravachol for anti-inflamitory effects.

He thinks that inflammation in the walls of the coronary arteries is behind many heart events and that Lipitor has ...
Read more : Difference Between statins | Views : 19009 | Replies : 47 | Forum : Statins

Patient Registry for Tysabri

An FDA briefing document was released today that recommends a mandatory patient registry for Tysabri users. In August 2005 the FDA mandated an electronic registry for all patients & physicians using Accutane, and it was just announced last week that it is up and running. Hopefully a Tysabri registry won't take as long to implement.
Read more : Patient Registry for Tysabri | Views : 2286 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

MS RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE

Health Research Associates invites you to participate in a research study to test questionnaires that are designed to assess how patients are affected by MS. The questionnaire packet would be mailed to you on two occasions, 2 weeks apart,
in a self-addressed stamped envelope.

If you choose to participate, you will earn $60 for completing both questionnaire packets.

This study does not involve medication, or a change in your current treatment.

For more information please ...
Read more : MS RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE | Views : 1075 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Conflicts of interest

This one is from the BCP site.

"FDA PUTS FIVE SCIENTISTS WITH CONFLICTS OF INTEREST ON COMMITTEE EVALUATING CONTROVERSIAL MS DRUG:

Five of the eleven scientists so far selected to judge the safety of the new multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri have financial ties to either the drug's sponsors, Biogen and Elan Pharmaceuticals, or their competitors. The Food and Drug Administration's Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee will meet March 7 to reconsider Tysabri, ...
Read more : Conflicts of interest | Views : 1829 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Testimony by Dr John Richert

A couple of weeks ago I posted part of an e-mail I had received from Dr John Richert, Vice Presdient of Research at the NMSS.

Attached is his testimony to the FDA about Tysabri.

Apologies if it has already been posted.

Ian

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/tysabr ... timony.asp
Read more : Testimony by Dr John Richert | Views : 2174 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

NNZ-2566

I have previously posted articles relating to Neuren Pharmaceuticals. Much of their research focuses on neuro-protection. Their website states that:

"The compounds developed by Neuren have application not only to acute brain injuries associated with stroke, cardiopulmonary bypass surgery (CPB) and traumatic brain injury but also in chronic neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis".

Their first key drug, Glypromate, is in Phase 2 trials (with the US Army). The company ...
Read more : NNZ-2566 | Views : 1193 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220838 • Total topics 22888 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service